Just In

1 John Lambie

And Cowans actions today were disgusting - if any board member is reading this, please bar this ar5e from the ground as his actions today could have sparked some crowd trouble.

Well I for one hope he doesn't stay away. I quite like all that panto villain stuff. Much more fun than issuing legal letters etc.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like I picked a good day to be at a kids party !!

Shame the cowan incident happened but i don't think he should stay away from firhill. May be away from the "shed" section of the ground but not firhill.

I still think we can get out this mess but I am very alarmed at the attendances at firhill !!

I'm one of lifes eternal optimists and have been waiting for the tide to turn in our favour even just a little to give me a glimmer of hope, but having watched that yesterday and seen a few Jags teams get relegated over the years there are many alarming similarities, -play fairly well up to the last 3rd / strikers on the pitch who are dwarves and couldnt hit a barn door from 3 feet / leaderless on the pitch and off it by the look of things.

I was gutted at starting my new job and finding out i had to work weekends and i would be missing games, now i feel like i have won a watch and as a kick in the ass for me i am working on the day of the challenge cup final anyone want to bet we will get there because i cant :unknw:

sounds like I picked a good day to be at a kids party !!

Shame the cowan incident happened but i don't think he should stay away from firhill. May be away from the "shed" section of the ground but not firhill.

I still think we can get out this mess but I am very alarmed at the attendances at firhill !!

Yes, this is getting worrying, and reminiscent of the worst of the DC reign. I'll continue to support the team at home, but there's no way I'm heading to Dingwall next week, where I predict a Jags victory!

You know tve games up when a big optimist like yourself has even lost faith, Steven!

There comes a point when you cant defend him, Ive reached that point. Someone said yesterday that McCall has ripped the heart and soul out of this Club (was that you btw?) and I defended him there, we cant blame him for that. Having good players and not preparing them, motivating them, organising them or changing things when its not working...I ont defend that, McCall yer tea's oot me thinks!

As your man Brutus once said, "There is a tide in the affairs of men.

Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

Omitted, all the voyage of their life

Is bound in shallows and in miseries.

On such a full sea are we now afloat,

And we must take the current when it serves,

Or lose our ventures".

It's nice to see Stillresigned quoting Shakespear. It brings a bit of class to the forum to see someone quoting from the classics.

I wonder, did the bible foresee the abilities of our present manager with this? - "But, Lord. He stinketh!"

There comes a point when you cant defend him, Ive reached that point. Someone said yesterday that McCall has ripped the heart and soul out of this Club (was that you btw?) and I defended him there, we cant blame him for that. Having good players and not preparing them, motivating them, organising them or changing things when its not working...I ont defend that, McCall yer tea's oot me thinks!

Nah that wasn't me, but at this point in time I find it really hard to disagree with whoever that guy is!

saw the team training at pollok park on friday so stoppped to watch for five minutes. the day before playing the team that's top of the league and mccall wasn't present, so maxwell taking training. watching maxwell throwing balls to a succession of uninterested looking players to blast at, or usually over, a five a side goal looked like the sort of drill practised by a pub team. wtf?

Nah that wasn't me, but at this point in time I find it really hard to disagree with whoever that guy is!

Can blame McCall for the dross we've been watching since January, he has to work with what he's got and he's now failing badly...but the heart and soul was being ripped out our Club long before he took charge, its time to get that back and it aint gona come from the manager or the players, only the fans can reinstall that.

saw the team training at pollok park on friday so stoppped to watch for five minutes. the day before playing the team that's top of the league and mccall wasn't present, so maxwell taking training. watching maxwell throwing balls to a succession of uninterested looking players to blast at, or usually over, a five a side goal looked like the sort of drill practised by a pub team. wtf?

What does McCall actually do?

What topped off a completely miserable performance was the sight of a scarf left on the seat. Another sign of the eroding of the fanbase. Will we ever get him back? You'd hope so but the state the Club is in I doubt it.

Edit: Just before I forget, I never want to see Paton or Hodge in that team ever again. Hodge especially - a complete waster.

Edited by northernsoul

It is unbearable.

I don't know what else to say about it, it's just utter shite.

I'd like to echo those thoughts. Can't stomach much more myself. It needs to change now.

McCall has clearly run out of ideas. He will not turn this around. He has to go.

Some of his most obvious failings:

Willie Kinniburgh. Clearly a complete dud/shite/bombscare. Everyone could see it from day 1. Why was he given a new contract?

Chris Erskine. Clearly not a footballer. Everyone could see it from day 1. Why was he given a new contract?

Paul Paton. Defenders must just love playing against him. About as dangerous going forward as my new goldfish.

Experimenting with the starting line-up every week. And every experiment fails.

Instead of anyone taking a shot from the edge of the box, or even trying to beat a man, or even trying to play a ball into the box, we play short passes until we lose the ball, the other team break, and if they are any good, score, because our defence is composed of complete carthorses. This has been going on for 3 seasons. Everyone could see it. Why does it still happen?

A youth set-up, which has never, ever worked for Partick Thistle FC. Why waste money on this which could be going towards the first team budget?

Someone different in, with different ideas, with an ability to motivate a team.

Do it now or face relegation to the Second Division. Again.

What topped off a completely miserable performance was the sight of a scarf left on the seat. Another sign of the eroding of the fanbase. Will we ever get him back? You'd hope so but the state the Club is in I doubt it.

Edit: Just before I forget, I never want to see Paton or Hodge in that team ever again. Hodge especially - a complete waster.

Just to avoid any panic. If it was at the bing end, it was my six year old who left it on the seat. He found the scarf in between the seats, picked it up and I told him to put it back down!

Well, this game was the first game ever that I saw live (being from a foreign country doesn't really help to go to games on a regular basis).

The first half was quite good and we where unlucky to recieve that goal (it was a clear foul seconds before that, how could the ref wave "play on" there?) in the second half, we where lucky to only get one more goal. There was no fight whatsoever, the team just didn't have the willpower to put on a better fight. They don't believe in themselves it seems.

Also, someone should tell the players that they are allowed to shoot! There where some nice dribblings (from Erskine, I think) but why didn't he shoot? Instead he passes the ball back to the middle line and from there it is passed further back to the goalie...

Apart from the result and the fact that we will get relegated if we continue to play like this, it was a nice experience. Nice stadium and the weather was good, too. I think I even saw Paul Carney after the game (I won his shirt last season), but he was just making a call, so I didn't want to interrupt him (also, I'm pretty shy so I didn't know what to say anyway ^^).

Well, this game was the first game ever that I saw live (being from a foreign country doesn't really help to go to games on a regular basis).

The first half was quite good and we where unlucky to recieve that goal (it was a clear foul seconds before that, how could the ref wave "play on" there?) in the second half, we where lucky to only get one more goal. There was no fight whatsoever, the team just didn't have the willpower to put on a better fight. They don't believe in themselves it seems.

Also, someone should tell the players that they are allowed to shoot! There where some nice dribblings (from Erskine, I think) but why didn't he shoot? Instead he passes the ball back to the middle line and from there it is passed further back to the goalie...

Apart from the result and the fact that we will get relegated if we continue to play like this, it was a nice experience. Nice stadium and the weather was good, too. I think I even saw Paul Carney after the game (I won his shirt last season), but he was just making a call, so I didn't want to interrupt him (also, I'm pretty shy so I didn't know what to say anyway ^^).

I hope you'll come back again; we need the support!