New Signings?

shut up mimsy

Would it be fair to read a bit more into the for an initial period of one month?.

The timing is right as we'll play 5 games assuming it's the 14th Nov he's due back. After that we don't have a game till 4th Dec.

btw the official site is still showing the Queens match for the 27th Nov in the fixture page.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a sub first game? Then starting the rest of the games if all goes well.

Who will be dropped from midfield? Or will we change formation, e.g. Flannaghan and Cairney moving to the wings with MacNamara and hardie in the middle? That would mean probably Kiniburgh on the bench.

Edit: meant to say, he might be a good influence on morale, being something of a character.

Edited by Mr Bunny

if he's fit enough then it will hopefully be a good piece of business. we're crying out for a few goals from midfield. going by McCalls usual loan signing policy he will be straight into the team on saturday, maybe as a striker?

would loved to have got macdonald aswell, it would maybe have given the other strikers a boot up the @rse they are needing.

Word from McDiarmid is that he's ring-rusty, but raring to go.

I mentioned the danger we now pose from set pieces in another thread. I'd say that just jumped another match.

The danger is BMMMH further soils his legacy (provided some posters have yet to forgive him for the Dowie challenge), but he has a heart the size of Firhill and is the type of character you want rallying the trops when embroiled in a battle.

Zip burts, jizz everywhere!

Not sure about this one.

My heart is crying out with hope and belief he will be a success, bringing fight, pride and goals to the team. And possibly paving the way to a longer term deal with us, helping us climb the league(s).

My head is flashing fearful warnings he will be too unfit, possibly even suffer another injury, or fail to play with (or instill in others) the heart and pride he was famed for.

If its the latter, rather than the former, then once his time with us is over, he could well be viewed as yet another McCall loan signing failure, joining an already long list - and thus also diminishing the high regard he is held in from his time with us in early 00's.

Really hope this signing proves to be the former though, but only time will tell.......

Welcome back Big Mad Mental, good luck, hope your 2nd stint with us is as successful and memorable as the 1st one.

Would it be fair to read a bit more into the for an initial period of one month?.

The timing is right as we'll play 5 games assuming it's the 14th Nov he's due back. After that we don't have a game till 4th Dec.

btw the official site is still showing the Queens match for the 27th Nov in the fixture page.

We play on 20th November. Scottish Cup 3rd round. :thumbsup2:

I'm very underwhelmed by this.

I make no bones about the fact that I do not like Hardie due to his conduct while playing for K*llie and Airdrie.

That coupled with the fact that he's only going to be here to gain a bit of match fitness having hardly kicked a ball for the best part of a year. I'd rather see us playing one of our own younger players and kept the money the trust donated to sign someone on a permanent basis in the Jan window.

Having said all that, as a football fan, I reserve the right to be fickle. If he scores the winner on Sat and does well every week, I'll be very happy.

Not sure about this one.

My heart is crying out with hope and belief he will be a success, bringing fight, pride and goals to the team. And possibly paving the way to a longer term deal with us, helping us climb the league(s).

My head is flashing fearful warnings he will be too unfit, possibly even suffer another injury, or fail to play with (or instill in others) the heart and pride he was famed for.

If its the latter, rather than the former, then once his time with us is over, he could well be viewed as yet another McCall loan signing failure, joining an already long list - and thus also diminishing the high regard he is held in from his time with us in early 00's.

Really hope this signing proves to be the former though, but only time will tell.......

Welcome back Big Mad Mental, good luck, hope your 2nd stint with us is as successful and memorable as the 1st one.

I'm thinkin this ^^^^

I'm very underwhelmed by this.

he's only going to be here to gain a bit of match fitness having hardly kicked a ball for the best part of a year. I'd rather see us playing one of our own younger players.

Having said all that, as a football fan, I reserve the right to be fickle. If he scores the winner on Sat and does well every week, I'll be very happy.

and this ^^^^ (after a wee edit)

I'd rather see us playing one of our own younger players and kept the money the trust donated to sign someone on a permanent basis in the Jan window.

i'm with u 100% on this. mccalls record of signing s/t loanees then tinkering with the team to accommodate them turned last season in the wrong direction of travel.

I'd rather see us playing one of our own younger players and kept the money the trust donated to sign someone on a permanent basis in the Jan window.

Grant - the sums of money involved weren't substantial, which is probably just as well since the Trust doesn't have that much money to begin with. Given the numbers involved, it's not remotely possible at this stage that the Trust could have afforded to stump up the cash to sign someone permanently in January.

My personal view is that you employ a manager to pick the team and sign players. He asks for money, and if you can find it, then you support his judgement. If you don't support his judgement, then you look for a new manager.

Grant - the sums of money involved weren't substantial, which is probably just as well since the Trust doesn't have that much money to begin with. Given the numbers involved, it's not remotely possible at this stage that the Trust could have afforded to stump up the cash to sign someone permanently in January.

My personal view is that you employ a manager to pick the team and sign players. He asks for money, and if you can find it, then you support his judgement. If you don't support his judgement, then you look for a new manager.

That's a fair point.

I wasn't suggesting that you stump up cash for transfer fees etc, rather that the money might have been used towards the cost of a permanent signing. Apologies if my earlier post suggested I was looking at you guys funding a signing on your own!

That's a fair point.

I wasn't suggesting that you stump up cash for transfer fees etc, rather that the money might have been used towards the cost of a permanent signing. Apologies if my earlier post suggested I was looking at you guys funding a signing on your own!

My feeling is that there isn't any spare money at the Club right now. It's a question of whether individual directors would dig into their pockets to fund such a transfer come January. I'm not saying that they won't, but at the moment there's no indication of a large chunk of cash ready to be pumped into the Club and my own view is that sitting with a smallish (in the grand scheme of things) sum of money in the bank is doing nobody any good.

If signing Hardie gives the team a short term boost to get confidence levels up again, then it's well worth it. If it doesn't, then the sums involved aren't so large that it wasn't worth trying. Just my view.