Matchday Programme Returns

Fawlty Towers

2 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Do you get it delivered before Saturday?  I'd love to have one to take hassle of looking for one pre-game.

I think Curtis Sport did a great job getting this to subscribers today as the bloody thing didn't go to print until yesterday morning! 

That won't be as late in future, so subscribers should get their copy in plenty time. 

I don't know the answer to your first question unfortunately. 

No names, no pack drill but I heard a rumour on Saturday only 500 were printed whereas around 2,000 was normal. The club were losing serious money every week because they were not selling so they stopped them. Perhaps a modest print run this week was to test the water again? Makes me wonder what happens to the £100 of everyone who has subscribed to the mail order service if the club decide to withdraw them.

48 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

No names, no pack drill but I heard a rumour on Saturday only 500 were printed whereas around 2,000 was normal. The club were losing serious money every week because they were not selling so they stopped them. Perhaps a modest print run this week was to test the water again? Makes me wonder what happens to the £100 of everyone who has subscribed to the mail order service if the club decide to withdraw them.

So what your saying is I may be able to flog it on ebay in 20 years time for £4?  :D

44 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

I can answer the above. 

The Club weren't previously printing 2,000 copies. That's a crazy total for our home gates. 

Yesterday's print run was for a figure circa 25% higher than was on sale for the last two seasons it was sold to crowds. It didn't sell out then. 

Yesterday's programme was a sell out. The last two available copies I'm told went to Zander MacKenzie, who was the subject of our player interview. 

The programme is here to stay for the season ahead. 

Advertising has been sold for the season. There is the subscription service available via Curtis Sports which I'm told benefits the Club. 

I think I can speak for all associated with the programme when I say that we are really pleased with both sales of and response to the programme. It's been really positive all round. 

First one is notoriously difficult to put together and we were working to a really tight schedule which won't be the case moving forward. 

Yes there was an element of dipping our toes in the water yesterday. It gives us a really good idea of what works, what doesn't in terms of content etc. and gives us a good yardstick for future print runs. 

I'll be making a start on the QP programme later today. We go again (I've always wanted to say that!). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tom Hosie said:

I can answer the above. 

The Club weren't previously printing 2,000 copies. That's a crazy total for our home gates. 

Yesterday's print run was for a figure circa 25% higher than was on sale for the last two seasons it was sold to crowds. It didn't sell out then. 

Yesterday's programme was a sell out. The last two available copies I'm told went to Zander MacKenzie, who was the subject of our player interview. 

Advertising has been sold for the season. There is the subscription service available via Curtis Sports which I'm told benefits the Club. 

I think I can speak for all associated with the programme when I say that we are really pleased with both sales of and response to the programme. It's been really positive all round. 

First one is notoriously difficult to put together and we were working to a really tight schedule which won't be the case moving forward. 

Yes there was an element of dipping our toes in the water yesterday. It gives us a really good idea of what works, what doesn't in terms of content etc. and gives us a good yardstick for future print runs. 

I'll be making a start on the QP programme later today. We go again (I've always wanted to say that!). 

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like the rumours were well off the mark.

On 8/6/2023 at 10:55 AM, Tom Hosie said:

I can answer the above. 

Thought the programme was great. Well done to all involved. I *really* liked the odea of having an opposing fan giving their side of it all. Great idea

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping to buy a programme this time, having failed last time! Parking in Murano Street and walking down to the John Lambie. Will there there be a seller in the John Lambie or should I buy before entering turnstile. If so, where best?

Thought first one (when I eventually got it second hand!) was really good and looking forward to the second. Well done to all involved.