Matchday Programme Returns

Fawlty Towers

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/ptfc-match-programme-returns-this-saturday/

I know a lot of people have been saying they wanted a printed programme on matchdays rather than the e-mail which was sent out recently so hopefully they will be purchasing this on a regular basis.

My concern is we need each area of the club to be making a profit (or breaking even at worst) and I recall from my time selling the 50/50 tickets the large amount of unsold programmes being handed back. I hope the club order a sensible amount - better to sell out in the first few games to see what demand is like.

9 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/ptfc-match-programme-returns-this-saturday/

I know a lot of people have been saying they wanted a printed programme on matchdays rather than the e-mail which was sent out recently so hopefully they will be purchasing this on a regular basis.

My concern is we need each area of the club to be making a profit (or breaking even at worst) and I recall from my time selling the 50/50 tickets the large amount of unsold programmes being handed back. I hope the club order a sensible amount - better to sell out in the first few games to see what demand is like.

While taking my hat off to all involved and wishing them every success, that is a big challenge to produce a 48 page programme for every home match that has at least a good proportion of fresh and creative content not already available elsewhere through the club website, fora like this, Facebook, Twitter (or is it X?), Draw Lose or Draw podcast etc etc. Is there that much appetite for more printed paper in the hand?

1 minute ago, partickthedog said:

While taking my hat off to all involved and wishing them every success, that is a big challenge to produce a 48 page programme for every home match that has at least a good proportion of fresh and creative content not already available elsewhere through the club website, fora like this, Facebook, Twitter (or is it X?), Draw Lose or Draw podcast etc etc. Is there that much appetite for more printed paper in the hand?

There was a survey run by TJF on this issue so I must assume there were enough people who said they would buy one to make it sensible. In terms of content one thing I asked for in the survey was more from the youth academy as we don't get much on that through the website.

5 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Forty-eight pages??!!

Why does it need to be so big?

I'd rather pay for 12 pages of good quality content than for four times that number of pages filled with mostly junk.

Hopefully it will feature "Firhill Chatter" and "Wee Jags Jottings."

Edited by Jaggernaut

9 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Forty-eight pages??!!

Why does it need to be so big?

I'd rather pay for 12 pages of good quality content than for four times that number of pages filled with mostly junk.

Hopefully it will feature "Firhill Chatter" and "Wee Jags Jottings."

I get you on the amount of pages but if some of those pages are ads then it’s another revenue income.  I kinda knew it was returning coz was chatting to someone connected to Raith at weekend who had told me the Thistle had asked him to write a piece on Raith for the programme launching again so hopefully a lot more football content too.

Inevitably, the long-term sustainability of something like a programme depends on ad/sponsorship revenue as much as direct sales. That partly explains the programme length.

It's also an opportunity for more unconventional community organisations and Thistle-minded small business owners to grab the attention of a captive audience. The Club is especially keen to hear from folk who perhaps don't yet have a sponsorship arrangement, who might benefit from being featured in the matchday programme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

So, can we look forward to 40 pages of adverts, 2 pages of squad updates 1 page of "memories," 1 page of "development", 1 page of " PTFC women,"  1 page of "community," and 2 pages of colour photos? 

Can't wait!

You could maybe wait until it exists before getting tore into it

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

So, can we look forward to 40 pages of adverts, 2 pages of squad updates 1 page of "memories," 1 page of "development", 1 page of " PTFC women,"  1 page of "community," and 2 pages of colour photos? 

Can't wait!

You can look forward to whatever you want but that description in absolutely no way matches the content of Saturday's programme. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2023 at 7:10 PM, Tom Hosie said:

You can look forward to whatever you want but that description in absolutely no way matches the content of Saturday's programme. 

Got my programme today and was impressed. I have not read every article yet but liked the ones I have. Well done to all involved :clapping:

Would have bought a programme, but could not see any in the John Lambie Stand. I arrived about 2.45pm. Were they sold out by then? Maybe a few more in the JLS for next time would be a good idea.

I fully appreciate that judging numbers will be a challenging task, and you do not want to have lots left over.

On 8/4/2023 at 2:58 PM, Third Lanark said:

I’ve signed up for the £100 subscription from Curtis sports- but I’m now worrying it’s Curtis sports who will get the money and I should have went to the club directly 

I think they publish it so £ would be no different.  Someone please tell me if different.

Do you get it delivered before Saturday?  I'd love to have one to take hassle of looking for one pre-game.

• Like 1