Partick Thistle Women - Season 23/24

Fawlty Towers

2 hours ago, elevenone said:

And hopefully a half competent ref today 🤔

digressing but i note its the ugly sisters game today (or do you say brothers?) and that Rangers have cancelled all away tickets to Celtic acting on intelligence.  Sad, pathetic and shameful that their bile is spreading to the womens league.

Anyways good luck Jags :fan:

As soon soon as they both entered the women's game it was inevitable that this nonsense would come into it as well. 

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

A hard fought 1-1 draw today against what I would describe as a rather "tetchy" Hibs side.

Well done!

1-1 v Hibs is a good result and I think I am correct in saying they haven't beaten us this season.

Unfortunately to finish 5th we need to beat Celtic (away) and hope Hibs dont beat Rangers at home.

3 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

1-1 v Hibs is a good result and I think I am correct in saying they haven't beaten us this season.

Unfortunately to finish 5th we need to beat Celtic (away) and hope Hibs dont beat Rangers at home.

Remember that we still have the 10 fixtures after the Celtic game when the league splits.

8 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

A hard fought 1-1 draw today against what I would describe as a rather "tetchy" Hibs side.

Well done!

It was pretty much a game of two halves, with Hibs clearly dominating in the first, and us in the second. I think overall it was a fair result.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Remember that we still have the 10 fixtures after the Celtic game when the league splits.

Thanks for mentioning that but I was aware of the further fixtures.

Notwithstanding the great season and   progress the Ladies have made under Graham do you really think our league position will be better than it is at the moment once we have completed the remaining fixtures?

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Thanks for mentioning that but I was aware of the further fixtures.

Notwithstanding the great season and   progress the Ladies have made under Graham do you really think our league position will be better than it is at the moment once we have completed the remaining fixtures?

No reason why it can' bet. 

We're just a point behind both Hearts and Hibs. 4th/5th/6th will likely be decided by the six post split fixtures directly involving us, Hearts and Hibs. 

Anything anyone gets against the top three will be a bonus, and I wouldn't rule that out either. Rangers have dropped points to both us and Hearts already. 

4 hours ago, Tom Hosie said:

No reason why it can' bet. 

We're just a point behind both Hearts and Hibs. 4th/5th/6th will likely be decided by the six post split fixtures directly involving us, Hearts and Hibs. 

Anything anyone gets against the top three will be a bonus, and I wouldn't rule that out either. Rangers have dropped points to both us and Hearts already. 

I agree that for us the critical games are v Hibs and Hearts.

To finish 6th for the second consecutive season represents an amazing achievement. To finish 5th would be excellent and to finish 4th would be unbelievable. 

To achieve 5th we have to keep our record v Hibs by taking at least 4 points from the two games we will have with them. To finish 4th we have to do something we haven't done this season - take points from Hearts!

I have followed Thistle for over 60yrs and no one will be more pleased than me if our Ladies can finish in 4th or 5th place.

On 2/18/2024 at 12:43 PM, Auld Jag said:

As soon soon as they both entered the women's game it was inevitable that this nonsense would come into it as well. 

I understand that "acting on intelligence" actually means that Celtic received intelligence that their 'green brigade'  intended to attend Sundays game in big numbers and to be as intimidating as they could including a pitch invasion if the game was going against them.

This led to a meeting with the two clubs and the Police to discuss what to do. The result was to ban all Celtic supporters fron this game. I don't know if anyone from the SPL/SFA/SWPL attended but would be surprised if there wasn't some representation there.

Taking into account the safety of the players and club officials, game officials, and all fans who would be there to support their teams it's difficult to see what other outcome could be reached.

The real problem is that Celtic have been unable to deal with the 'green brigade' problem. I hope they can do so soon otherwise we may end up with a rival 'blue brigade'!

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the highlights and was very surprised at our performance.

IMO we gave Celtic 4 goals. I can't imagine Grahem would have been very happy with his goalkeeper or the defence. They were very poor and gave away 'easy goals'.

Also few players looked slow and out of sorts - very leggy. I was wondering if we has some illness or injuries in the squad and consequently had to play players who were not fully fit.

A very strange performance from the team!

A 1-0 defeat today with a late goal from a soft free kick (one of many the ref gave against us). We thought we had scored in the first half but would need to see the highlights to see if the ball crossed the line. A performance which we should take confidence from going in to the post split fixtures.