Ian McCall Interview In The Herald

Lambies Lost Doo

I've a paid subscription so not sure how many people can view it.  Good article though.

I saw this Herald Scotland article on the Herald Scotland app and thought you’d be interested.

Ian McCall on brutality, broken dreams and second chances in football

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/23792170.football-manager-ian-mccall-broken-dreams-second-chances/?ref=psapp

For more great content like this subscribe to the Herald Scotland app here: https://www.heraldscotland.com/subscribe/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to see McCall back in management. He's a decent championship manager and to my mind he has now twice turned us around. Even if he wasn't capable of taking us to the top league he did way more good than bad.

Perhaps our win at Ayr last night might create an opportunity for him to return to Somerset Park. If it does happen I won't be giving him any abuse but equally we'll probably find Ayr not to be soft touch any more.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

What Doolan did with McCall's squad in 3 months last season spoke volumes.

Much as I like him, McCall's a busted flush as a manager now.

I'm not too sure about the "now". History kinda repeated itself with Dools in terms of the us kicking on when he left the previous time. McCall may well be fine if partnered with a tried and tested coach. By that I mean a coach with decision making power. Big doubt tho' about clubs affording both McCall and a coach.

18 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

He could be the next Thistle manager - Inverness Caley Thistle that is as Dodds has been sacked.

That's a double blow. We're due to play them soon and I'd have preferred if Dodds was still there. Worse tho' he'll almost certainly be back spouting his usual nonsense on the BBC.

On 9/16/2023 at 9:49 PM, Barney Rubble said:

What Doolan did with McCall's squad in 3 months last season spoke volumes.

Much as I like him, McCall's a busted flush as a manager now.

Much as I agreed it was time for McCall to go how much Doolan's success was actually down to getting a full, fit team to choose from? I guess we'll never know. 

Edited by Aliballibee
Spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aliballibee said:

Much as I agreed it was time for McCall to go how much Doolan's success was actually down to getting a full, fit team to choose from? I guess we'll never know. 

Although he didn’t have the spell of injuries to several key players at the one time, I wouldn’t say he had a full fit team to choose from. McAvoy got injured just after the transfer window closed, Harry Milne was missing from the beginning of April, Bannigan also at the start of the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Aliballibee said:

I think you've hit it on the head, tho' maybe not quite what you're meaning. The fitness levels of the squad were considerably heightened after Doolan took control. In my mind less to do with availability of players, more about overall fitness.