PTFC Trust sack Chairman …..

javeajag

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

Not really…..my main point is the lack of fan involvement in strategic decisions affecting the club ……we have given three guys a veto over key decisions in the club so some fans are more equal than others 

and why was the chairman sacked exactly ?

Not being an expert in the Type of Shares and the associated Rights etc etc 

Can you explain how the Three Investors have "a Veto over Key Decisions"  

Genuine Question 😉 as its a pretty important clause-  ref who is making future Club Decisions ?  

OK for me this is how I see it.

Alistair Creevy has left board due to differences which is a real shame as he is a fan, put £ in club and was working for the club with an impressive professional background.  

There was an impasse so was sacked/voted off the board.

We have new investment!  By Thistle fans! As a result they get some shares.  Fans still own and control the club.

Any email from PTFC Trust immediately gets fans angry due to the past BUT it's just a name as now The Jags Foundation are the majority vote in that organisation.

It's a shame that successful people cannot agree on areas and the board cannot stick together as they are all real fans with skin in the game.

TJF are putting in a lot of work in the background and we all should stick together for long term success.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Not being an expert in the Type of Shares and the associated Rights etc etc 

Can you explain how the Three Investors have "a Veto over Key Decisions"  

Genuine Question 😉 as its a pretty important clause-  ref who is making future Club Decisions ?  

As the fans shareholding goes below 75% then the 3 guys with 10% of the shares can block any resolution that requires a 75% threshold ( there may also some thing more specific in the agreement that’s not been disclosed )

the statement yesterday explicitly referenced their veto 

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

As the fans shareholding goes below 75% then the 3 guys with 10% of the shares can block any resolution that requires a 75% threshold ( there may also some thing more specific in the agreement that’s not been disclosed )

the statement yesterday explicitly referenced their veto 

Ok - thanks for clarifying 

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

OK for me this is how I see it.

Alistair Creevy has left board due to differences which is a real shame as he is a fan, put £ in club and was working for the club with an impressive professional background.  

There was an impasse so was sacked/voted off the board.

We have new investment!  By Thistle fans! As a result they get some shares.  Fans still own and control the club.

Any email from PTFC Trust immediately gets fans angry due to the past BUT it's just a name as now The Jags Foundation are the majority vote in that organisation.

It's a shame that successful people cannot agree on areas and the board cannot stick together as they are all real fans with skin in the game.

TJF are putting in a lot of work in the background and we all should stick together for long term success.

I think the main point here is that we have changed the strategic direction of the club and the fans in a fan owned club were not consulted .

the board statement today acknowledges this.

the current board are thistle fans and are suing each other ….

19 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I think the main point here is that we have changed the strategic direction of the club and the fans in a fan owned club were not consulted .

the board statement today acknowledges this.

the current board are thistle fans and are suing each other ….

Perhaps I missed something but in what way has the strategic direction of the club changed? 

50 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Perhaps I missed something but in what way has the strategic direction of the club changed? 

This agreement means 

1. diluting the fan shareholding below 75% which means basically you can do what you want

2. as a result the new investors can basically block certain things from happening

3. The new investors get seats on the board 

4.we have indicated we are moving towards the German model where the fans own 51% of the club and others 49%

whether you think this is good or bad it is unacceptable that such significant changes have been agreed in a fan owned club with no consultation with the ultimate owners … the fans 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, javeajag said:

This agreement means 

1. diluting the fan shareholding below 75% which means basically you can do what you want

2. as a result the new investors can basically block certain things from happening

4.we have indicated we are moving towards the German model where the fans own 51% of the club and others 49%

whether you think this is good or bad it is unacceptable that such significant changes have been agreed in a fan owned club with no consultation with the ultimate owners … the fans 

Last post from me on this. I can understand why some supporters are frustrated given that this development was somewhat of a surprise. But......

There's no evidence that the direction of travel has changed. Different drivers perhaps?

We have entrusted TJF board to act on our behalf. It's my view that every action taken over the last 18 months or so has been in the club's & fans' best interests. I see no reason to doubt them now.

39 minutes ago, javeajag said:

This agreement means 

Are the 3 trusts not representing the fans ?

As they all have seats on the board, they would have been consulted and agreed as representatives of the fans. Perhaps TJF and the other 2 who's names escape me should have consulted their members, but I really don't think it is the board's responsibility to contact each and every member of each body.  

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Last post from me on this. I can understand why some supporters are frustrated given that this development was somewhat of a surprise. But......

There's no evidence that the direction of travel has changed. Different drivers perhaps?

We have entrusted TJF board to act on our behalf. It's my view that every action taken over the last 18 months or so has been in the club's & fans' best interests. I see no reason to doubt them now.

It could be argued that the “ German Model” of 51% is something that has never been discussed previously ( that Im aware of ) there was lots and lots of discussion on Ownership Models but not the Proposed Model - so if true- its a change in direction 

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Are the 3 trusts not representing the fans ?

As they all have seats on the board, they would have been consulted and agreed as representatives of the fans. Perhaps TJF and the other 2 who's names escape me should have consulted their members, but I really don't think it is the board's responsibility to contact each and every member of each body.  

The model of fan ownership proposed by TJF was not elect a board for two years and they can make every decision…. in fact it was quite the opposite.

whether you agree with it or not these changes are significant and should have been consulted on….if not this then basically nothing.

the board statement today acknowledges a failure to consult.

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

It could be argued that the “ German Model” of 51% is something that has never been discussed previously ( that Im aware of ) there was lots and lots of discussion on Ownership Models but not the Proposed Model - so if true- its a change in direction 

Absolutely correct.

I think Creevy's statement has a ring of truth to it. Whenever I see Richard Beastall's name mentioned I start to worry.

Feels like some on the Thistle Board are operating like JR Ewing in Dallas whilst the TJF guys are trying to stick to the rulebook.

For better or worse we are now very much in the hands of Douglas McCrea. 

I for one welcome our new Financial Services overlord.

4 minutes ago, laukat said:

I think Creevy's statement has a ring of truth to it. Whenever I see Richard Beastall's name mentioned I start to worry.

Feels like some on the Thistle Board are operating like JR Ewing in Dallas whilst the TJF guys are trying to stick to the rulebook.

Is he the new chairman 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

I should have added they are getting new preference shares which mean if we have £2m plus free cash in the bank ( say on a player transfer ) they can get their money back before anyone else.

Worth noting that:

(a) we have never had £2 million cash in the bank

(b) redemption reduces the preference shareholding, increasing the fan owned shareholding back towards what it was before

4 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Worth noting that:

(a) we have never had £2 million cash in the bank

(b) redemption reduces the preference shareholding, increasing the fan owned shareholding back towards what it was before

You are correct ….

are we changing our name to 

Dougie Thistle or Partick McCrae ?

26 minutes ago, laukat said:

I genuinely lol'd af the last sentence.

At least we know him and his brother (Just Employment Law) are massive fans with good business heads and have financially backed us for years and years