Well Done Mccall

clarencegarter

Some of us have been saying it for most of the season.

The bottom line is, we have lost 6 points (and 6 goals) to a bunch of plumbers and joiners. It is simply not good enough. He can't hide behind excuses that we have a small budget when we are losing to clubs who aren't even full time.

I said last season that I feared for us with Halliwell in goal. He is costing us points week in week out. He was lucky against Falkirk.

I've backed McCall until fairly recently. Not any nore. Change must be made.

Hello, have your computers been broken for the last couple of weeks as I don't recall seeing you whilst we were winning?

Once again we are beaten by a part time team,unable to come back and get anything after going behind (i know we leveled it to make it 1-1)and McCall beaten by a rookie manager.We have to many players who either dont have it Greehan and Erskine to name but 2 or are inconcistent.We have to hope that the SFL give Dundee a big points deduction and even at that ithink we could go down as i dont see us winning the play offs if it came to that.This was also Stirlings first home win today.

Edited by Auld Jag

Yes I disagree with your points. Not looking for anyone to take my frustations out on. No thanks on the cuddle offer :sign:

Why do you disagree about McCall? Not a dig just interested to know. My view is we are bottom of the league whilst playing utterly garbage football and it has been like this since January. I was on the fence until recently but results like this and the defeat at home to Stirling and away to Cowdenbeath have shown that the bad performances on show aren't unusual

My computer hasn't been broken either. I posted last week that I gave credit to the manager for last week's performance and result as credit was due.

However, today was utter rubbish. Doolan was only player to get pass marks today - the rest were an utter joke. McCall's time is definitely up - he should do the decent thing and go now.

The bottom line for me with McCall is that if we play any team that is half organised we will drop points

no matter the standard of talent that they have.

That, today, reminded me of when Clyde took four off of us a couple of weeks before DC got the bullet, maybe even worse.There are some real basics of a football team missing at Firhill,real easy stuff of getting effective football on the pitch. it looks to me there is just not enough work getting done on the training pitch from a manager devoid of ideas.

Why do you disagree about McCall? Not a dig just interested to know. My view is we are bottom of the league whilst playing utterly garbage football and it has been like this since January. I was on the fence until recently but results like this and the defeat at home to Stirling and away to Cowdenbeath have shown that the bad performances on show aren't unusual

I don't believe that simply getting rid of him would result in a huge improvment on the park, that does not mean that I think he is doing a great job because, as you say, we have not been performing well for most of 2010. However, I do think that off the field activities have played a role in that. The thing we all need to realise is that it is highly unlikely that the Board can afford to sack him (if they had the money do to that then they should have given it to the manager to better the squad) and given the current economic situation I doubt whether he (or anyone else in his position) will simply "walk away".

Lets hope McCall pulls a Strachan out the bag and walks away realising he cant do anything to turn this round but I cant see that happening and due to finances we are stuck with him

Thank **** our next away game is Dundee as thats all the reason I need not to go.

Mr McCall, I object to travelling 40 miles and paying £16 to see thistle play 5 at the back with mcnamara in front (so bascially a 6 man defence) against a team we should be getting 6 if not 9 or 12 points off during the season. Were you trying to recreate leveins 6-4-0 tactics that were so successful in the czech republic? Against a team that contained Martyn corrigan, Andy Gibson and John Kane we were totally outplayed, outfought and outthought.

Left with ten minutes to go as i coulndt bare anymore and missed the 2nd goal, was it any good?

I'm not one for jumping on the manager after every defeat but something quite appealing struck me today. Would St Mirren do a swap? I think Thistle are about the right level for Danny Lennon right now as he seems a bit out of his depth in the SPL. He could bring something different to Firhill but I guess St Mirren wouldn't want McCall.

Incidentally, would Danny Lennon still be the favoured choice with the fans?

At least Danny Lennon cares about Thistle and would give 100% effort.

Agree that he seems out of his depth at St Mirren - I was scared it would be too big a step up for him. A few seasons in the 1st division would have set him in good stead for his career but now it seems he may blot his copy book by being too ambitious.

Completely agree with an earlier post - Gordon Strachan did the decent thing and showed great integrity by walking away with no compo - McCall should do the same.

Bye bye Ian.

Now is the time to go McCall,you are tactically naive,such an easy team to play against,teams now know how we play and they play with two wingers to stop our full backs going forward{unfortunately they cant defend either}.McCall obviously doesnt trust his defence ,too slow, past their sell buy date and a goalkeeper who is an absolute disaster,what happened to the soundbytes at the start of the season about going with youth,it surely would be better eventually to the crap we are watching week after week. MCCALL IF YOU HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR OUR CLUB AND YOURSELF GO NOW

It's not just McCall that we should be questioning, it's the entire coaching set-up.

Is Maxy up to the job as assistant manager and main coach?

What is Hinchy doing to improve Halliwell's performance?

What is Donnelly contributing, both as a player and coach?

Hello, have your computers been broken for the last couple of weeks as I don't recall seeing you whilst we were winning?

No, it's your brain as well as YOUR computer that was switched off, otherwise you'd have seen my posts defending Paddy Boyle, and applauding (despite my initial admitted scepticism) the signing of BMMMH.

Not nothering to check your facts before you let your belly rumble puts you in the same category as the Scottish football 'media'. What a lazy @rsed post.

And Bunter can still GTF.

No, it's your brain as well as YOUR computer that was switched off, otherwise you'd have seen my posts defending Paddy Boyle, and applauding (despite my initial admitted scepticism) the signing of BMMMH.

Not nothering to check your facts before you let your belly rumble puts you in the same category as the Scottish football 'media'. What a lazy @rsed post.

And Bunter can still GTF.

Hopefully, unlike the Scottish media, I can still hold my hands up when in the wrong.

Obviously I have missed the posts that you mention and I am happy to apologise to you for any upset that may have caused.

We started yesterday in what looked something like 7-1-2. Whatever it was, it was aimed at containment....we were hoping to hold out against a team of part-timers!

What is it in McCall's mentality that allows him to think that any Thistle team should play like that at Forthbank?

We could have steamrollered over them when we got back to 1-1, but we reverted to exactly the same starting formation, with their two wingers getting all the space in the world on either wing, because we basically had a 1-man midfield stuck somewhere in the middle.

Even when Halliwell did his obligatory fumble for their 2nd, I believed that we could do it. The third finished it, and us.

Very grim, but actually, if the penalty hadn't been given (shouldn't have been, IMO), then the whole thing might have ended differently. Also we suffered through losing both Archie and Kinnie.

Back on track next week...... no ?

McCall's defensive policy, with no width in midfield, is killing us. I would play a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 with Boyle on left midfield and Doolan as the loan striker.

4-4-2

Defence - Paton, Robertson, Archie, McNamara/Maxwell

Midfield - Flannigan, Hardie, Rowson/McNamara, Boyle

Strikers - Doolan, Buchanan/Donnelly

Donnelly could act as a midfield playmaker in a 4-5-1.

I would also give Shepherd, McGeough, Lochead, McBeth (when fit), Campbell, Bannigan and Burns a chance, especially from the bench.