Stirling Albion Game Off On 27Th?

H Wragg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Celtic. Seriously, if there's a 25 point penalty for administration, there should be 10 point+ penalty for 'bringing the game into disrepute'. Hooper: "referee's want to give decisions against us because we're one of the biggest clubs in the world"? So explain why Man U, Barcelona and Inter seem to always get a bit of luck when it comes to refereeing decisions, Gary...

Well done Celtic. Seriously, if there's a 25 point penalty for administration, there should be 10 point+ penalty for 'bringing the game into disrepute'. Hooper: "referee's want to give decisions against us because we're one of the biggest clubs in the world"? So explain why Man U, Barcelona and Inter seem to always get a bit of luck when it comes to refereeing decisions, Gary...

you're an idiot if u come out and say things like he did in the press. what good is possibly goin to come out of saying stuff like that? ref's will just think u are an idiot and decisiions are more likely to go against u. thats what i found whenever i've played football, i pure sook up to refs and it works in my favour.

Refs are going to get criticised whether they get decisions right or not. Someone's always going to disagree with them. It's part of the game and they know that going in. Celtic's stance at the moment is a disgrace to the game and they should just shut up and get on with it, but for refs to vote to strike over it. What a load of nonsense!

Wonder if the refs will call for Lennon and Dr Reid to resign? :D

Seriously though, it's been coming. I reckon Reid's comments at their AGM was the final straw. Hooper just a silly young boy who's played all his football at a lower level, albeit proving himself to be a half decent player when it comes to sticking the ball in the net, but he's now a big fish in a small pond and being badly advised somewhere.

Good luck to the refs I say.

Refs are going to get criticised whether they get decisions right or not. Someone's always going to disagree with them. It's part of the game and they know that going in. Celtic's stance at the moment is a disgrace to the game and they should just shut up and get on with it, but for refs to vote to strike over it. What a load of nonsense!

I'm confused....how will going on strike improve things for referees? What are they looking for, a promise that no-one will criticise them? I agree Celtic have been out of order with their paranoia and stupid public statements but ffs they have a point. Recently the 2 referee's most criticised have been McDonald and Collum and I know for a fact we have saw at first hand how bad these 'top Scottish officials' can be.

you're an idiot if u come out and say things like he did in the press. what good is possibly goin to come out of saying stuff like that? ref's will just think u are an idiot and decisiions are more likely to go against u. thats what i found whenever i've played football, i pure sook up to refs and it works in my favour.

.. hope you're sooking up the the birds on the touchline and aw CP ! ;)

I'm confused....how will going on strike improve things for referees? What are they looking for, a promise that no-one will criticise them? I agree Celtic have been out of order with their paranoia and stupid public statements but ffs they have a point. Recently the 2 referee's most criticised have been McDonald and Collum and I know for a fact we have saw at first hand how bad these 'top Scottish officials' can be.

Whether they're shite or not, without them we can't have football. So the over the top criticism from one particular club has driven them to strike action, fair play to them I say. Plus, I really don't think we're likely to get results against Stirling two weeks running, so I don't mind the game being postponed.

Whether they're shite or not, without them we can't have football. So the over the top criticism from one particular club has driven them to strike action, fair play to them I say. Plus, I really don't think we're likely to get results against Stirling two weeks running, so I don't mind the game being postponed.

I know that but what do they want to achieve by going on strike? Are they just trying to make a point or are they looking for action?

See while they're on strike they can maybe do a bit of work on getting better at their jobs? You can't have football without players either, should Hodge, Paton, Boyle and Kinniburgh have went on strike when they were recieving criticism?

If this is all down to the Celtic thing then I really do despair...that shower have had issues with referees and conspiracy theories for as long as I can remember, just leave them to bleat on and on coz they're only making the Club look utterly stupid!

and I know for a fact we have saw at first hand how bad these 'top Scottish officials' can be.

It’s not a question of competence though. Celtic’s actions are calling into question the very integrity of our referees.

I’ve frequently been infuriated by refereeing performances but, the Rod McDonald incident aside, I’ve never questioned their integrity.

Dougie McDonald made an almighty fcuk up of the penalty incident against Dundee United but Celtic are using a major error of judgement from one referee, who ultimately gave the correct decision, to call into the question of integrity of them all. Proof in their twisted minds that refs have in for Celtic.

More power to the refs I say.

Coming from another angle was anyone not slightly surprised when Willie Collum got the OF game? Given he didn't exactly come out that game being covered with praise he then goes and gets given the Hibs v Hearts game. Is it possible that other so called top refs have been knocking back the higher profile games?

I'm of the opinion that all this nonsense has been on a slow burner and Neil Lennon's inane ramblings have only provided that little extra to get the fire going.

I reckon the ridiculous complicated league system in Scotland could backfire on the referees here. The SFL and SPL are the adminsitrative bodies for the leagues and as such as responsible for finding referees. It is not the employers of the referees, the SFA who simply provide the refs.

This leaves the SFL and SPL free to employ referees from elsewhere.

It’s not a question of competence though. Celtic’s actions are calling into question the very integrity of our referees.

I’ve frequently been infuriated by refereeing performances but, the Rod McDonald incident aside, I’ve never questioned their integrity.

Dougie McDonald made an almighty fcuk up of the penalty incident against Dundee United but Celtic are using a major error of judgement from one referee, who ultimately gave the correct decision, to call into the question of integrity of them all. Proof in their twisted minds that refs have in for Celtic.

More power to the refs I say.

I don't agree with Celtics actions, but McDonald left himself wide open for criticism. He lied to Lennon, to the referee examiner, and ultimately tried to make his assistant take the blame (causing said assistant to resign). For those reasons, and those reasons only, I think Reid was right. McDonald should have resigned and his integrity deserves to be questioned.

We all know about that lots conspiracy theory, we've heard them going on and on about it for as long as I can remember, so that makes McDonald's actions even worse because it has helped fan the flames...that for me calls his judgement into question too. Integrity and judgement, 2 of the main qualities required of referee's, sadly McDonald is lackin in both...add to that the fact he is a poor referee and it's a no-brainer for me.

As for the rest of the referees having their integrity questioned, well that's just Celtic's attempts to justify their conspiracy and this group of ref's should do the same as every other group of ref's before them and ignore it. I can remember Celtic fans hiring a P.I. to follow a referee (in the 80s I think), how did referee's back then deal with it?

I don't agree with Celtics actions, but McDonald left himself wide open for criticism. He lied to Lennon, to the referee examiner, and ultimately tried to make his assistant take the blame (causing said assistant to resign). For those reasons, and those reasons only, I think Reid was right. McDonald should have resigned and his integrity deserves to be questioned.

We all know about that lots conspiracy theory, we've heard them going on and on about it for as long as I can remember, so that makes McDonald's actions even worse because it has helped fan the flames...that for me calls his judgement into question too. Integrity and judgement, 2 of the main qualities required of referee's, sadly McDonald is lackin in both...add to that the fact he is a poor referee and it's a no-brainer for me.

As for the rest of the referees having their integrity questioned, well that's just Celtic's attempts to justify their conspiracy and this group of ref's should do the same as every other group of ref's before them and ignore it. I can remember Celtic fans hiring a P.I. to follow a referee (in the 80s I think), how did referee's back then deal with it?

Yep. Completely agree.

McDonald should have been sacked if he wouldn't resign. His position became completely untenable as soon as he admitted to lying and it will remain so.

The strike action is about more than that.

Yep. Completely agree.

McDonald should have been sacked if he wouldn't resign. His position became completely untenable as soon as he admitted to lying and it will remain so.

The strike action is about more than that.

I agree. Dougie McDonald should be sacked. Neil Lennon and John Reid are so easy to dislike, but that shouldn't detract from that fact. Noone comes out of this looking particularly clever if you ask me.

I think one of the problems for referees is that, what is only a job, is impacting on their private lives. When newspapers publish the religion of a referee prior to an old firm game, when people intimidate the famlies and employers of referees, when a club is so up its own arse that it will appeal and 'seek clarity' on just about every decision made against them, it's gone beyond reasonable behaviour. The article says that the Dr Reid statement was the final straw.

I cannot believe that we have 'bent' referees, or that they deliberately give or deny a team key decisions. I've seen some crap referees and have been infuriated with them, but they are human and have a lot to deal with over the course of 90 minutes, after all some players DO deliberately try to cheat and very little is made of them.

Crap ref decisions have been part and parcel of the game for decades and it all adds to the matchday experience and can sometimes be the only things in a game to get excited about!

Yes, there are some refs who give strange decisions and there are inconsistencies but if we were all the same and completely competent in all we do, then the world would be a very boring place!

But Lennon & Co from the east end have a serious case of delusional paranoia and need a good boot up the backside.

If cat 1 refs strike, do we get a cat 3 ref next week? Is that the type of ref who does schoolboy fitba???

And if this conspiracy has been going on since time began how come they've won 42 league titles, 34 Scottish Cups and 14 League Cups?

Crap ref decisions have been part and parcel of the game for decades and it all adds to the matchday experience and can sometimes be the only things in a game to get excited about!

Yes, there are some refs who give strange decisions and there are inconsistencies but if we were all the same and completely competent in all we do, then the world would be a very boring place!

But Lennon & Co from the east end have a serious case of delusional paranoia and need a good boot up the backside.

If cat 1 refs strike, do we get a cat 3 ref next week? Is that the type of ref who does schoolboy fitba???

I'd hope the cat 3 refs would decline, if asked.

Just imagine if the handball that knocked us out of the cup last season had happened to the festering pile of excrement that is sellickfootballclub? They must think they are the only club for whom decisions go against them.

Anyone who threatens to have one iota of sympathy for this excuse for a football club should remember that they didn't exactly complain when they profitted from a highly dubious penalty at Firhill when Petrov dived in a game they eventually won 2-1.

When was the last time a visiting team got a decision at Parkhead? The hypocracy from Reid & co is astounding.