Today's Agm

Fawlty Towers

I thought that I would start a seperate topic for the other issues that would have come up at today's AGM so that the issue regarding Jim would not get mixed in with other issues.

Can anyone who was there give a summary of what else took place or was discussed? Was there mention of a shares issue or the plans for the future in terms of dealing with the debt, etc?

Thanks.

I thought that I would start a seperate topic for the other issues that would have come up at today's AGM so that the issue regarding Jim would not get mixed in with other issues.

Can anyone who was there give a summary of what else took place or was discussed? Was there mention of a shares issue or the plans for the future in terms of dealing with the debt, etc?

Thanks.

Wouldn't it be nice if a set of minutes was shared with the fan's forums?....or at least posted on the OF?

It isn't secret is it?

I was there, the Bank of Scotland negotiated during the Save the Jags if we pay off the Debt we will have to pay an Extra £200.000 to the bank, the meeting was moved for Billy Allan but he could not make it, it was decided that the AGM it will be night time which it used to be.

At the start there was a bit of debate with with voting individual directors, i dont remember having a full blown vote with each of them though this will need to happen every year now.

I'm sure DB said that not 100% sure that Liam Buchanan forfieted a signing fee would have cost us money, and gettng him off the wage bill has saved us 30K.

I was there, the Bank of Scotland negotiated during the Save the Jags if we pay off the Debt we will have to pay an Extra £200.000 to the bank, the meeting was moved for Billy Allan but he could not make it, it was decided that the AGM it will be night time which it used to be.

At the start there was a bit of debate with with voting individual directors, i dont remember having a full blown vote with each of them though this will need to happen every year now.

I'm sure DB said that not 100% sure that Liam Buchanan forfieted a signing fee would have cost us money, and gettng him off the wage bill has saved us 30K.

Bloody ridiculous that the timing of this meeting was arranged to suit a man that isn't a shareholder, to the clear detriment of what is probably the significant majority (in numerical terms) of our shareholders. AND THEN NOT TURNING UP!

Equally ridiculous that there weren't seperate votes on all the directors individually. This should have been the norm in any event, I'm sure. The whole single resolution to nod the whole board through was highly dubious.

Is it any wonder that people hate the banks when they charge you to pay of your debts. And then there's our very own merchant bankers :rolleyes:

Edited by Allan Heron

Equally ridiculous that there weren't seperate votes on all the directors individually. This should have been the norm in any event, I'm sure. The whole single resolution to nod the whole board through was highly dubious.

I presume you're referring to the way they did it in preceding years? If Directors weren't voted for individually at this meeting then how was Jim thrown off the board?

I presume you're referring to the way they did it in preceding years? If Directors weren't voted for individually at this meeting then how was Jim thrown off the board?

Yes, it was the previous meetings I was referring to. Kevin seems to suggest that some but may be not all directors were voted on individually this time.

I wonder if the shareholders were presented with the minutes of the special meeting which approved the PropCo deal? They weren't presented at the last AGM and Hughes agreed to have them circulated. Mmmm....... if the minute of that meeting hasn't been approved by the shareholders........

Yes, it was the previous meetings I was referring to. Kevin seems to suggest that some but may be not all directors were voted on individually this time.

Which would be even more ridiculous.

I wonder if the shareholders were presented with the minutes of the special meeting which approved the PropCo deal? They weren't presented at the last AGM and Hughes agreed to have them circulated. Mmmm....... if the minute of that meeting hasn't been approved by the shareholders........

Laugh or cry. Which is it to be?

There is so much about this that just seems wrong.

1) Why only have a vote on 1 director and a seperate vote for the rest together.

2) Why the trust was being lobbied before by a major shareholder to influence the "secret" ballot

3) Why was the ballot being counted by an employee or by the company ran by the same major shareholder that was lobbying the trust.

4) Why was the same major shareholder alledgedly mentioning where the votes were going before thay had been counted and declred in a "secret" ballot.

5) Why make the AGM in the morning for a member of the board with NO shares who still doesnt turn up.

Conspiracy...... seems like it

Does Nash still sing with them :rolleyes:

Aye, currently singing Barrel Of Pain.

I can see the writing on the wall

I can hear the axe before it falls

I can really feel it gettin' through to me

I can see the sea begin to glow

I can feel it leaking down below

I can barely stand it what you're doing to me

I can feel my skin begin to peel

I can see the dollar and the deal

I can see the companies that are on the make, yes they are

I can see the writing on the wall

I can hear the axe

I can really feel it gettin' through to me and you, and you, and you

I can see the sea begin to glow

I can feel it leaking down below

I can barely stand it what we're doing to us

I'm a shareholder and never seen such a document.

As this thread started as any other issues can I ask the following....

Was any decision taken as to who would become chairman etc? Or...

Was a reason given why no decision has yet been made?

I realise asking these questions will effect cynical replies (in truth I'd be replying likewise) but I am interested nevertheless.

As this thread started as any other issues can I ask the following....

Was any decision taken as to who would become chairman etc? Or...

Was a reason given why no decision has yet been made?

I realise asking these questions will effect cynical replies (in truth I'd be replying likewise) but I am interested nevertheless.

I noticed the other day that Bury appointed their 1st Chairman since 2003, so we may well go without one..