Some Good News & Its Not An April Fools

ifu03340

Third Division, eh? Somehow I doubt that one.

It wouldn't be the SFL's place to set a punishment, and there is no chance the SPL would want them out their league (we don't want them either, as funny as it would be).

They'll never go into administration, they'll always have someone wanting to save them.

Neither of the old filth lifted a finger to help Thistle during "Save the Jags" so my opinion is f*** them. Hell slap it intae the bigot sc*m. Shellik next please. :thumbsup2:

Not my recollection. Sometimes I think there is a bit of an OF mentality on this forum. "Lets hope all the teams we don't like go out of business so we can play the ones we like every week"

Not my recollection. Sometimes I think there is a bit of an OF mentality on this forum. "Lets hope all the teams we don't like go out of business so we can play the ones we like every week"

sadly whatever happens they will survive....though they have got themselves into a serious place with the revenue....i understand some of the players involved for a period paid no tax in any country which is a no no as you can imagine....thye might go into administartion as a way of having a cheaper, clean start

The worst case scenario is that Rangers would go into administration. There is no doubt that the club, free of debts and liabilities, would be financially viable.

The funny thing is its her majesty,s revenue and customs that could kill them and there fans sing her praises every week imagine the vatican bank stepped in and bailed them out that would be hilarious.

Regularly in the media we hear about Rangers' dire financial situation and the reports are quite often sympathetic. eg Walter Smith has done well despite a lack of money...etc

Do the press not realise how insulting all this is to almost every other club in Scotland? (there's one exception).

How much do the take in every 2nd Saturday, how many season ticket holders do they have, and how much do they get from TV compared to all other clubs in Scotland? (again one exception)

Their latest statement quote- "certain provisions imposed on the club continue to compromise, in our opinion, management's ability to conduct its role with maximum efficiency" I am sure no other team in Scotland has the slightest grain of sympathy. As for them going bust - we all know it will not happen. But I suppose we can dream.

It wouldn't be the SFL's place to set a punishment, and there is no chance the SPL would want them out their league (we don't want them either, as funny as it would be).

They'll never go into administration, they'll always have someone wanting to save them.

No Twinny, you don't say! ;) I'm curious to know what would happen to Rangers if administration did arrive.

I know there has been enough from the OF on the forum, but I thought this needed shared:

Rangers to face disciplinary action from UEFA for sectarian chants.

They're showing paranoia akin to that of their green cousins, suggesting that they are being isolated as "only Rangers supporters sing offensive or sectarian songs". I'm not sure anybody has said they are the only club to do so, but in this instance they have been observed to chant offensive songs and therefore should be punished. I don't understand how that is being "victimised" when they are hopefully going to receive the proper punishment for their actions.

Could a fine like this will tip them over the edge? *fingers crossed*

I know there has been enough from the OF on the forum, but I thought this needed shared:

Rangers to face disciplinary action from UEFA for sectarian chants.

They're showing paranoia akin to that of their green cousins, suggesting that they are being isolated as "only Rangers supporters sing offensive or sectarian songs". I'm not sure anybody has said they are the only club to do so, but in this instance they have been observed to chant offensive songs and therefore should be punished. I don't understand how that is being "victimised" when they are hopefully going to receive the proper punishment for their actions.

Could a fine like this will tip them over the edge? *fingers crossed*

I noticed Mr. Bain's comment to and much like yourself thought it a pretty abject and puerile one. When will the Rangers "family"(lol!!)ever realise that it matters not one jot what supporters of any other team in the world do, it is they who are being accused and not anybody else. The thought of poor, innocent Rangers supporters being persecuted would be laughable, if it wasn't so pathetic.

Edited by stillresigned

It seems to me that Rangers seem not to notice that their particular form of bile has an impact beyond the West Of Scotland.

Many of the songs that Celtic fans sing that cause offense mean little or nothing overseas so they are likely to go unremarked. The simply won't impact at all.

However, Rangers fans with their anti-Catholic and anti-Pope chants are likely to raise hackles in just about every country they visit.

Edited by Allan Heron

However, Rangers fans with their anti-Catholic and anti-Pope chants are likely to raise hackles in just about every country they visit.

It may also come to light that perhaps Partick Thistle could be subject to some disciplinary sanctions regarding their supportes infantile chant of " FTP and FTQ ". But no, I'm sure the whole world appreciate the point that this is a subtle reference to the "neutral" and "superior" stance of our Club. B)

Infantile? To be a pedant, it's actually FYP and FYQ ;) . I also believe that song has been 'looked into' and been deemed as non-sectarian/bigoted IIRC.

Even so, we might be well advised to ditch that song in the next season or so. By my reckoning we'll be playing in the Champions League season 2013/14 and the wording could easily be misinterpreted abroad.

I'll maybe have a word with David Taylor (the Eufa fella) who sits behind me in the JH Stand. Even better, next time the song is being aired at Firhill I'll check if his missus is singing along and I'll report back :thumbsup2:

Infantile? To be a pedant, it's actually FYP and FYQ ;) . I also believe that song has been 'looked into' and been deemed as non-sectarian/bigoted IIRC.

Seems the police and SFA, SPL, SFL are putting together a songbook of no go songs for all clubs. I'll be surprised if this is not in it. From what I have heard, fines and loss of points if fans sing from the 'songbook'.

I really, really doubt that anyone could equate the FYP and FYQ chants with any of the sectarian bike that jumps out of our televisions whenever Rangers are broadcast. To suggest anything else, is blatant obfuscation. Unfortunately, anyone who has been brought up in and around Glasgow, knows full well what a sectarian chant is. I can say hand on heart(no pun intended) that in forty years of going to Firhill I have never heard anything remotely like one. Apart, of course when we entertain our neighbours.

Edited by stillresigned

I've had many an arguement with an Old firm fan defending that song. They just don't get the meaning behind it. To be honest I've had many an arguement with my dad over it to. He hates it and totally misinterprets it.

I still think, it might be in our best interest to ditch it. Given what is happening with Rangers, they will look at any reason to try and have a go at every other club.

Oh and Bain's arguement was pathetic. On a par with Ferguson's today over his beloved ape Rooney.

I've had many an arguement with an Old firm fan defending that song. They just don't get the meaning behind it. To be honest I've had many an arguement with my dad over it to. He hates it and totally misinterprets it.

I still think, it might be in our best interest to ditch it. Given what is happening with Rangers, they will look at any reason to try and have a go at every other club.

Oh and Bain's arguement was pathetic. On a par with Ferguson's today over his beloved ape Rooney.

I doubt whether our song is going to be a major problem on the European stage in the next few (dozen) years to come. In fact, it couldn't even be seen to be a problem of any kind for about 99% of our existence these days. It only emerges from hibernation whenever we are pitted against either one of the forces of evil, and (unfortunately) this doesn't come around very often these days.

I really, really doubt that anyone could equate the FYP and FYQ chants with any of the sectarian bike that jumps out of our televisions whenever Rangers are broadcast. To suggest anything else, is blatant obfuscation. Unfortunately, anyone who has been brought up in and around Glasgow, knows full well what a sectarian chant is. I can say hand on heart(no pun intended) that in forty years of going to Firhill I have never heard anything remotely like one. Apart, of course when we entertain our neighbours.

Excellent post, imo.

Given that our 'hello hello' song IS non-sectarian, then any sort of ban on it would constitute a breach of our human rights; not that I would be seeking a judicial review or anything. I would, though, feel fairly comfortable getting lifted for singing it and having my day in court arguing its true message.

FTOF.

Seems the police and SFA, SPL, SFL are putting together a songbook of no go songs for all clubs. I'll be surprised if this is not in it. From what I have heard, fines and loss of points if fans sing from the 'songbook'.

To be fair, if our ugly neighbours don't sing their sectarian songs our non-sectarian song becomes redundant anyway. Would be a good day at one of their stadiums tho if they couldn't sing their 'party tunes' while we FdYP and FdYQ :evil: