Personal Favourites

Nicky Henderson, Jamie Dolan, David Moss (totally undervalued), Andy Lyons, Derek McWilliams, Alex Taylor, Des McKeown, Ian Cameron ( or is he too good?) and Graeme Robertson - I always felt bad for him, he played every single game the season we got promoted and was released by Lambie at the end of the season. He wasn't great but he never hid, even when he was having a terrible game - which was brave but stupid cos he got pelters from the shed.

Should have been mentioned before, good player.

Edited by cjptfc

Might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the RB in that defence would have been Graeme Robertson?

I think he played for Dunfermline too. Blonde haired dude.

think graeme was a couple of years before that.Funny enough he is now my sons coach and grant teirneys son is in the team as well. :thumbsup2:

Iain Nicholson - Not sure if we got this guy from YTS. For a young guy he was thrown straight into the first team and played a lot of games for us in the Save the Jags season. I'm pretty sure he left us after a year and went onto St Mirren and became a reliable and solid player for them.

Jered Stirling - Great goal scoring record for a full back. Our last best and reliable penalty taker?

Gareth Evans - Always liked Evans, he single handedly nearly kept us up in 98'. Came back after pretty much missing the second half of the season, due to injury and scored the goals which gave us hope of staying up.

Paul Tosh - He made some impact for a guy joining on a short term deal. During a horrible season he scored some vital and memorable goals. The Arbroath Cup win with 8 men then a hat-trick against Cowdenbeath in the next round. We won every game he scored in.

Dan McLindon, Sir Dick Staite, Hugh Tinney, Andy Roxburgh, Tommy Gibb, Neil Duffy, Jim Fleming, Ian Cowan, Tommy Ewing, Tommy Rae, Billy Cunningham, Billy Hainey, Arthur Duncan, Johnny Flanagan

Full marks for all of those, but Tommy Rae was a great servant to the cause; scored many an important goal.

Iain Nicholson - Not sure if we got this guy from YTS. For a young guy he was thrown straight into the first team and played a lot of games for us in the Save the Jags season. I'm pretty sure he left us after a year and went onto St Mirren and became a reliable and solid player for them.

Jered Stirling - Great goal scoring record for a full back. Our last best and reliable penalty taker?

Nicholson - I'm sure he came through the youth teams at Rangers. Must have been released by them.

Stirling - Excellent penalty taker, I remember him scoring 2 in one game against Hamilton.

Billy Thompson, Bobby Houston, Quentin Jacobs, Tony Higgins, Donald Park, David Irons, Iain Jardine, Alex O'Hara, Peter Lindu, Robert Fleck (only played a few games I know), John Hansen, John Arrol and everybody else that everybody else has mentioned! Apart from Colin Bomber Jackson, next thing you know someone will mention Derek Johnson!

Gary Harkins?

Paul Tosh - He made some impact for a guy joining on a short term deal. During a horrible season he scored some vital and memorable goals. The Arbroath Cup win with 8 men then a hat-trick against Cowdenbeath in the next round. We won every game he scored in.

Yes, I loved him for that short time he was with us, loan from Hibs wasn't it?

Full marks for all of those, but Tommy Rae was a great servant to the cause; scored many an important goal.

From when I started watching as a kid in 69 I thought he was rubbish!!! maybe he was better earlier? I remember he wore his socks with a huge turn down on them

From when I started watching as a kid in 69 I thought he was rubbish!!! maybe he was better earlier? I remember he wore his socks with a huge turn down on them

Definitely better during his first spell with us. When he came back from Aberdeen (I think it was) he was slower, but he could still put himself about in the box.

Definitely better during his first spell with us. When he came back from Aberdeen (I think it was) he was slower, but he could still put himself about in the box.

Agreed. Tommy played both as a winger and a striker for us at different times. He had one season, I'm sure, as our top scorer. Was that what led to Aberdeen coming in for him?

I was a Tommy Rae fan. As a winger, and without having great pace, he'd regularly take on the full back and get a good cross in.

Derek Fleming. He consistantly hit excellent free-kicks and corners for us and always gave his all. Never hid when the going got tough under Britton and Whyte and took a disgustıng amount of stick from the infamous Firhill boo-boys. Looking back, it was embarassing the way he was treated from some sections of our support during the 04/05 season.

• 5 months later...

:thinking: an idea for a separate thread unsure.gif Players who came back and were still as good or better. I've heard tell Tommy Ewing was better on his return but I only saw him when he came back.

Tommy Ewing was brilliant! Before and after. Tommy Rae was definately an unsung hero. My own favourites were George Niven and Billy Hainey!