Just In

dpj

Probably the result we deserved for once. We might have held on for a win but over the 90 mins a draw was probably a fair result. Christie Elliot looked like he might do okay for us.

Edited by dpj

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to agree that a draw was the fair result, wtf happened with their goal, did Fox just drop it or was he pushed? I was at the far end of the ground but looked like a push to me.

Like the look of (Linford) Christie Elliot, Cairney is really coming onto a game, Sinclair once again a deserved man of the match and Flannigan staying on the pitch for 90 minutes was surprising (but if Sinclair wasn't knackered I think Jackie would have subbed Flannigan).

Probably the result we deserved for once. We might have held on for a win but over the 90 mins a draw was probably a fair result. Christie Elliot looked like he might do okay for us.

Thought we played well generally; Flannigan was pish, and didnt look interested. Robertson wasnt great but maybe still short of fitness. Both fullbacks were great. Cairney was a close second for MotM; looked much better on the left linking up with Sinclair. Overall we should have won

• Members

Wouldn't have given Sinclair MOTM today, thought he was caught out of position way too often in the first half and Imrie gave him the runsround for the first 30-40 minutes until he decided he was going to start rolling around the turf at every challenge. Thought both Cairney and Paton had rock steady games today, Doolan made hi,self available for everything and did his usual power of running for the team today, even Stewart looked more interested today. Amazing what a bit of competition for places in the team can do. Foxy had a bit of a nighmare, poor kickouts and what the hell was he doing for their goal??? Overall, poor first half but a much better second half.

Fox dropped ball into net for their goal, there was no foul on him. Didn't think he was all that great today.

Can't agree that Flannigan was p1sh. Thought he worked hard and certainly looked interested. Never always came off for him but to say he wasn't interested is just wrong. He played a huge part in our goal. Each to their own mind you.

Thought Cairney should of got MOTM. Thought he had a very good game.

Elliott can run like the wind. Took his goal superbly. Pity bout free kick and scuffed shot in front of goal but he looks like he could be a real threat.

Thought until Elliott came on we lacked a cutting edge then we looked very dangerous with Elliott on. I'd like to see him start next week.

Imrie really is a diving, moaning, cheating wee git.

In another thread I stated Balatoni should not have started today but I thought he was very good today. Archie was very solid.

Got to agree that a draw was the fair result, wtf happened with their goal, did Fox just drop it or was he pushed? I was at the far end of the ground but looked like a push to me.

Like the look of (Linford) Christie Elliot, Cairney is really coming onto a game, Sinclair once again a deserved man of the match and Flannigan staying on the pitch for 90 minutes was surprising (but if Sinclair wasn't knackered I think Jackie would have subbed Flannigan).

He wasn't pushed. As I saw them set up that set piece I said a goal was coming. Fox was crowded out just by a body of Hamilton and Thistle players standing very close to him and he was just hustled to the ball. It was the sort of situation where goalies usually get the benefit of the doubt from the ref, but he didn't on this occasion and to be honest, rightly so.

The build-up work for our goal was a delight to see. Elliot's one-touch-one-two was a spot of really quick thinking and gave us plenty time and space to get through on goal and well executed. Contrary to the reports of him being really fast, I thought he wasn't the quickest (speedwise at least) but he was a much quicker "thinker" on the ball than the rest of his team-mates. Compare and contrast with Flannigan, Paton, Cairney and to an extent Stewart who seem to slow the game down quite a lot when they get the ball in a potential breaking situation. He'll be a big asset I think.

Draw was a fair result. Thought Hamilton weren't anything special and at times a little petulant.

Thought we played well generally; Flannigan was pish, and didnt look interested. Robertson wasnt great but maybe still short of fitness. Both fullbacks were great. Cairney was a close second for MotM; looked much better on the left linking up with Sinclair. Overall we should have won

I thought Flannigan played well today- fantastic assist for the goal- although he cetainly tired late on.

Christie Elliot reminded me of another tall quick striker we had from down south:Leon Considine. A great debut from the big man; can see him doing really well for us.

Fox needs to get his finger out.Quite a few times already this season his concentration has been lacking.He got bumped at the goal for certain but still should have dealt with it,it was an own goal and his handling and distribution was poor throughout.Cairney was my MOTM for his second half performance and how good was it to see a forward turning ,making a bee line for goal and banging it in like Christie did,looks a real find already.

Flannigan was the weak link today giving possession away countless times and it was he who gave away possession for the corner from which they scored,should've beeen subbed.

A much improved performance and no faulting the effort against probably the best team in the division.

He wasn't pushed. As I saw them set up that set piece I said a goal was coming. Fox was crowded out just by a body of Hamilton and Thistle players standing very close to him and he was just hustled to the ball. It was the sort of situation where goalies usually get the benefit of the doubt from the ref, but he didn't on this occasion and to be honest, rightly so.

The build-up work for our goal was a delight to see. Elliot's one-touch-one-two was a spot of really quick thinking and gave us plenty time and space to get through on goal and well executed. Contrary to the reports of him being really fast, I thought he wasn't the quickest (speedwise at least) but he was a much quicker "thinker" on the ball than the rest of his team-mates. Compare and contrast with Flannigan, Paton, Cairney and to an extent Stewart who seem to slow the game down quite a lot when they get the ball in a potential breaking situation. He'll be a big asset I think.

Draw was a fair result. Thought Hamilton weren't anything special and at times a little petulant.

Oh I think Elliott is fast. Wasn't on for long today but think he had the Accies backline terrified every time he touched the ball.

He's made a good impression for his debut, be interesting to see how he does next week after a full weeks training. Also interested to see how Erskine reacts to being dropped today. Hope its positive. Draw was ok today and gets us off the mark. Pressure on a bit for next week though, as I'd say it's a game we have to look to win.

my thoughts

fox -- looked out of sorts today he appearsed to have the ball to hand but somehow drops into net

paton-- sooo frustrating he gets most of the ball coming out of defence but 9 times out of 10 nothing comes of it

sinclair -- def the find of the season so far ; makes mistakes but always trying to push forward; be snapped up at end of season

archie & balatoni -- thought a bit suspect today, bit indicisive and too slow on the turn

rowson -- covered every blade of grass today; had a few chances as well

robertson -- game seemed to pass him by ; although put in a few good tackles

imho not a midfield player too slow on the turn

flannigan -- has some good touches clever on the ball but no real dig in midfield

stewart -- not an out and out centre forward type rarely in the right position at the right time

doolan -- everywhere today only really started to get a bit of space and support when elliott came on

cairney -- not the most technically gifted player at firhill but he would be the first name on the timesheet playing at CENTRE MIDFIELD not out on the left

elliott -- same as sinclair could be a real find this season took his goal well, fast, direct i'm sure elliott and doolan could be a real threat this season

overall players tried hard, hamilton slightly edged it,first half we were all over the place

onwards and upwards :thumbsup2:

Fox needs to get his finger out.Quite a few times already this season his concentration has been lacking.He got bumped at the goal for certain but still should have dealt with it,it was an own goal and his handling and distribution was poor throughout.Cairney was my MOTM for his second half performance and how good was it to see a forward turning ,making a bee line for goal and banging it in like Christie did,looks a real find already.

Flannigan was the weak link today giving possession away countless times and it was he who gave away possession for the corner from which they scored,should've beeen subbed.

A much improved performance and no faulting the effort against probably the best team in the division.

Flannigan put in a good challenge on Imrie for the corner. What did you want him to do, let Imrie get by him and get into the box?

Was also Flannigan who set up our goal.

He never hide the entire match, always looked for the ball. Never always came off for him, but he was far from alone in giving the ball away. He also put in a few challenges today. Something he does not normally do.

Their goal was down to one person. Fox. Should have punched it clear, instead just dropped it into the net.

No foul on fox, not sure what he was thinking about.

I don’t like Roberson in the midfield, too slow and can’t pass. Please Jackie move Cairney into the centre.

Flannigan played well till he tired in second half. Cairney was man of the match for me. He looks back to his best on this evidence.

Elliott has pace and looks like he can finish, he will cause teams problems in this division.

Balatoni was shaky first half but was much better second. Both Paton and Sinclair played well though Sinclair was caught out a few times.

Billy Reid made an error with Imrie in the second half; he dropped deep taking away from the danger areas.

Imrie is a diving wee git!

Edited by Alan Murray

Flannigan put in a good challenge on Imrie for the corner. What did you want him to do, let Imrie get by him and get into the box?

Was also Flannigan who set up our goal.

He never hide the entire match, always looked for the ball. Never always came off for him, but he was far from alone in giving the ball away. He also put in a few challenges today. Something he does not normally do.

Their goal was down to one person. Fox. Should have punched it clear, instead just dropped it into the net.

There was a guy screaming abuse at Flannigan after the goal, when it was as you say, clearly fox’s fault!

Flannigan gave away possession out on the right in the move that lead up to their corner and I didn't blame him for the goal ,it was Fox's fault.Flannigan gave away the ball while in possession several times that lead to Hamilton chances and that doesn't make up for putting a "few challenges in that he doesn't normally do"

just in from game and to me flannigan shouldve been subbed at start of second half as i felt he tried to hard and made too many mistakes (think he needs to relax and enjoy footie before we see his best)Christie Elliot i think will be real find (bugger a striker that scores, get a hefty price tag on him now :rolleyes: lol...)looked to me fox got elbowed at goal but still shouldve dealt with it better, on the plus once the team settles weve nothing to fear in this division just as long as we dont leave it to late to settle.....................

Flannigan gave away possession out on the right in the move that lead up to their corner and I didn't blame him for the goal ,it was Fox's fault.Flannigan gave away the ball while in possession several times that lead to Hamilton chances and that doesn't make up for putting a "few challenges in that he doesn't normally do"

so did most of the team

Fair enough, highlight what you consider to be his failings today, but at least have the decency to highlight he set up our goal. That was a major contribution to the game and something he should get some praise for.

As i said a number of players gave away the ball today. Dools, Sinclair, Rowser, Cairney to name but a few.......seems very harsh just to single out flannigan.

Flannigan seems to have become the latest target for the boo-boys on this forum since Grehan has been out (and now gone). He wasn't bad today, not the best but not the worst. His biggest failing for me is not chasing back, but I think he's a decent passer & done well at the goal

Another indication for me that there is nothing to fear in this division, if Fox had not made that mistake (which is hopefully his clanger for the season out of the way) we would have won as Hamilton were starting to run out of ideas. Hopefully this result gives the lads a bit of confidence going into the QoS match.

Thought a draw was a fair result.But for Fox sake with a bit of luck it would have been a win. Hopefully that is Foxs last mistake for a while as i feel it would be to much to throw Scully in at the momement.Imo in our first 3 league games we could be unbeaten with between 3and5pts as there has been nothing between us and the opposition.A victory a must next week.

Flannigan seems to have become the latest target for the boo-boys on this forum since Grehan has been out (and now gone). He wasn't bad today, not the best but not the worst. His biggest failing for me is not chasing back, but I think he's a decent passer & done well at the goal

Yeah if there is one thing I wish he had done more of today it was chase back. Felt a few times he was too slow , where as rowser and Cairney were bursting a gut to do it.

robertson was not as good today as against Dundee. He does break up the game well and does a lot of the ugly stuff that kinda goes un noticed. Still thought he could have contributed a bit more today.

Fair enough, highlight what you consider to be his failings today, but at least have the decency to highlight he set up our goal. That was a major contribution to the game and something he should get some praise for.

Yes, his set up for the goal was excellent.What annoys me about Flannigan is that he looks as if he has a lot more to offer and yet comes up short too often.You could see the set-up the manager was going for on the wing with Sincliar and Flannigan on the left but he ends up having to switch wings because he was ineffectual.Don't quite know what the managers thinking is in playing such a left footed player so wide on the right.