Hall Of Fame

chunky jag

Should be a bit of a night with Chico and Bertie in full flow. No complaints about any of the new entrants though I have to admit that the continued omission of Donnie McKinnon completely baffles me!

Lindau, given only 5 get in at a time, there will be players who are yet to get in that surely will. What they seem to do, which im my opinion, is a good thing, is have the inductees spread out over the decades. That way there seems to always be one that a certain age of supporter recognises.

I voted for Danny to be recognised this time around and so I'm delighted he has been inducteed. Also very happy for Chic.

I'd love to make it along to this but it looks like clashing with a trip back to Liverpool to see my daughter. Like every one that has been before, I'm sure it will be a fabulous night.

I voted for Danny to be recognised this time around and so I'm delighted he has been inducteed.

As did I and as am I.

I think this induction can appeal to all fans over the age of 20, unlike previous inductions where players who were (correctly) recognised were only known by name to fans in their 20s and 30s. If I had the cash I'd be well up for going to this, something I wouldn't have considered at previous inductions.

Should be a bit of a night with Chico and Bertie in full flow. No complaints about any of the new entrants though I have to admit that the continued omission of Donnie McKinnon completely baffles me!

Can't disagree with you there, but surely our most capped internationalist, greatest goalkeeper & arguably greatest ever player who spent at least 12 years with the club deserves to be a member on his own right? The one & only Alan Rough :worship: :worship: :worship:

Can't disagree with you there, but surely our most capped internationalist, greatest goalkeeper & arguably greatest ever player who spent at least 12 years with the club deserves to be a member on his own right? The one & only Alan Rough :worship: :worship: :worship:

Yeah!! Roughie, NOT Being in is a weird one, aside the 1971 team!!!

Totally agree.

Charnley doesn't do it for me! When is George Niven going to be included?

I'll admit that George Niven is before my time but I do think Chic deserves his place in the Hall of Fame.

Every time we announce the new inductees there is always the arguement as to why so and so isn't in. We induct (normally) 5 at a time. Think this may be the fifth one we have held. Given the history of the club, and the players who have played for us over the years, we are never going to have every one of the legends of the club in as of now.

No one is telling me that a Partick Thistle Hall of Fame, won't include the likes of Jackie Campbell or Alan Rough. Their day will come.

I'll admit that George Niven is before my time but I do think Chic deserves his place in the Hall of Fame.

Every time we announce the new inductees there is always the arguement as to why so and so isn't in. We induct (normally) 5 at a time. Think this may be the fifth one we have held. Given the history of the club, and the players who have played for us over the years, we are never going to have every one of the legends of the club in as of now.

No one is telling me that a Partick Thistle Hall of Fame, won't include the likes of Jackie Campbell or Alan Rough. Their day will come.

That's right. Everybody who deserves it will eventually make it. Just a shame that it might be posthumous for some folk when it doesn't need to be.

That's right. Everybody who deserves it will eventually make it. Just a shame that it might be posthumous for some folk when it doesn't need to be.

Agree wholeheartedly with this. It might be nice to have a bias towards those players of yesteryear who deserve a place and who are still with us. It would be much better to be able to show our appreciation to them while they're here, rather than recall their exploits when they're not.

This looks like a great night but I've got work commitments over that weekend which will keep me away. Unless I can get someone to cover for me on the Friday night