Dundee Fan's Tear Stained E-Mail To The Sfa

Tom Stronach

"Here is my email sent to the SFA today.

For the first time in 31 years of watching and supporting Dundee FC, and after attending the match between Dundee FC and Partick Thistle FC at Dens Park on 29th October 2011, and after leaving this email for the best part of a day, to calm down, I find it necessary to write to you to make known my feelings on the performance, or lack thereof, of your referee Mr Steve Mclean and to, as a paying customer, demand an explanation from said referee as to his and his assistants decisions during this match. Due to their astonishing incompetence and complete lack of consistency in showing cards (incorrectly an several occassions) during this match, they completely spoiled this game as a sporting spectacle, cheating the paying public and Dundee FC of a fair chance to obtain the win and 3 points in this match.

I firstly refer to the sending off of Dundee goalkeeper Robert Douglas approx 20 minutes into the game. This was apparently for illegaly bringing down Partick Thistle striker, the very theatrical Erskine, and defying him a clear goalscoring opprotunity. I would like him to explain as to why I and the rest of the stand I was in, at the opposite end of the ground to the incident, CLEARLY saw their was NO contact at all from goalkeeper Douglas, with Erskine falling over like a champion Diver whilst being ushered by dundee defender Matt Lockwood who was running alongside him. Not only did this blatant cheating, result in a penalty which in the end won Partick Thistle all 3 points, but also saw Dundee Goalkeeper Robert Douglas sent off and now I assume, banned for the next league game, even though he had made absolutely no contact at all, forcing Dundee FC to play the final three quarters of the match, a man down.

As if this were not enough, Mr Maclean later decided to book Dundee winger Nicky Riley for showing utter frustration at being constantly fouled throughout this match, where the multitude of Partick Thistle players, constantly kicking him all over the park, all walked away unpunished.

To round things off, the "very Theatrical Erskine" who had been booked earlier in the game, went into a challenge with Dundee's Neil Macgregor in a way I can only describe as common assault, very dangerously leading with his elbow and catching Macgregor clean in the head. Mr Maclean, however, decided, not only was this not a straight red card, it wasnt a second yellow card, it didnt warrant a talking to and more astonishingly did not even warrant a free kick.

I was utterly astounded at the sheer incompetence and lack of consistency from this so called prefessional and left the match feeling cheated not only as a Dundee supporter, but as a paying football fan who had seen, yet again, a match being completely ruined by a referee who's inconsistent and incorrect KEY decisions, left me feeling completely cheated.

As a paying customer of Scottish football "an ever decreasing phenomenon and we wonder why" please clarify what the situation will be, should Dundee FC appeal the blatantly incorrect decisions made in this match which can be backed up with CLEAR video evidence.

1. Will the red card of Robert Douglas be recinded allowing him to play in his normal position next week?

2. Will Mr Erskine be brought before your association to explain his blatant theatrics?

3. Will the game be replayed due to the fact the Partick Thistle obtained all 3 points from a penalty through the false pretenses of a cheating striker, reducing Dundee to 10 men and then a second refereeing mistake failing to reduce Partick Thistle to 10 men.

4. Will Mr Erskine be further reprimanded for his assault should this become available as video evidence.

5. Will Mr maclean publicly admit his "mistakes" and appologise to Dundee FC

6. Will you finally seriously look at introducing a video referee into football as in Rugby, to ensure that farcical key decisions like this are erradicated and that cheating can be given the punishment it deserves?

I look forward to your and Mr Maclean's prompt response"

:D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Here is my email sent to the SFA today.

For the first time in 31 years of watching and supporting Dundee FC, and after attending the match between Dundee FC and Partick Thistle FC at Dens Park on 29th October 2011, and after leaving this email for the best part of a day, to calm down, I find it necessary to write to you to make known my feelings on the performance, or lack thereof, of your referee Mr Steve Mclean and to, as a paying customer, demand an explanation from said referee as to his and his assistants decisions during this match. Due to their astonishing incompetence and complete lack of consistency in showing cards (incorrectly an several occassions) during this match, they completely spoiled this game as a sporting spectacle, cheating the paying public and Dundee FC of a fair chance to obtain the win and 3 points in this match.

I firstly refer to the sending off of Dundee goalkeeper Robert Douglas approx 20 minutes into the game. This was apparently for illegaly bringing down Partick Thistle striker, the very theatrical Erskine, and defying him a clear goalscoring opprotunity. I would like him to explain as to why I and the rest of the stand I was in, at the opposite end of the ground to the incident, CLEARLY saw their was NO contact at all from goalkeeper Douglas, with Erskine falling over like a champion Diver whilst being ushered by dundee defender Matt Lockwood who was running alongside him. Not only did this blatant cheating, result in a penalty which in the end won Partick Thistle all 3 points, but also saw Dundee Goalkeeper Robert Douglas sent off and now I assume, banned for the next league game, even though he had made absolutely no contact at all, forcing Dundee FC to play the final three quarters of the match, a man down.

As if this were not enough, Mr Maclean later decided to book Dundee winger Nicky Riley for showing utter frustration at being constantly fouled throughout this match, where the multitude of Partick Thistle players, constantly kicking him all over the park, all walked away unpunished.

To round things off, the "very Theatrical Erskine" who had been booked earlier in the game, went into a challenge with Dundee's Neil Macgregor in a way I can only describe as common assault, very dangerously leading with his elbow and catching Macgregor clean in the head. Mr Maclean, however, decided, not only was this not a straight red card, it wasnt a second yellow card, it didnt warrant a talking to and more astonishingly did not even warrant a free kick.

I was utterly astounded at the sheer incompetence and lack of consistency from this so called prefessional and left the match feeling cheated not only as a Dundee supporter, but as a paying football fan who had seen, yet again, a match being completely ruined by a referee who's inconsistent and incorrect KEY decisions, left me feeling completely cheated.

As a paying customer of Scottish football "an ever decreasing phenomenon and we wonder why" please clarify what the situation will be, should Dundee FC appeal the blatantly incorrect decisions made in this match which can be backed up with CLEAR video evidence.

1. Will the red card of Robert Douglas be recinded allowing him to play in his normal position next week?

2. Will Mr Erskine be brought before your association to explain his blatant theatrics?

3. Will the game be replayed due to the fact the Partick Thistle obtained all 3 points from a penalty through the false pretenses of a cheating striker, reducing Dundee to 10 men and then a second refereeing mistake failing to reduce Partick Thistle to 10 men.

4. Will Mr Erskine be further reprimanded for his assault should this become available as video evidence.

6. Will you finally seriously look at introducing a video referee into football as in Rugby, to ensure that farcical key decisions like this are erradicated and that cheating can be given the punishment it deserves?

I look forward to your and Mr Maclean's prompt response"

:D

:tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble: :tumble:

1 - Awful, awful, awful grammar. The second sentence is longer that Adam Strachan's previous convictions schedule.

2 - Stop quoting yourself. If you said it, you can't quote it as if it's some sort of authority to support your argument.

3 - He says he's going to "explain as to why" he could see that there was no contact for the penalty from the other end of the ground, then doesn't bother and instead goes on a rant.

4 - If you're going to accuse a referee of incompetence, at least keep his name consistent for the length of your complaint email.

5 - See Partick Thistle v Dundee earlier this season.

7. Will Dundee FC formally and publicly apologise to all the people unfairly made redundant due to their incompetence in running their financial affairs in both 2003 and 2010?

8. Will Dundee FC formally and publicly apologise to the other SFL and SPL clubs who were basically cheated by them in 2003 and 2010?

9. Will supporters of Dundee FC formally and publicly apologise for acting like total smug c*nts when they though Calum Melville would take them to Champions League glory?

B*stards. I'm glad we won with a dodgy penalty and played pish for the remainder of the game. I hate that club.

"As if this were not enough, Mr Maclean later decided to book Dundee winger Nicky Riley for showing utter frustration at being constantly fouled throughout this match, where the multitude of Partick Thistle players, constantly kicking him all over the park, all walked away unpunished".

:lol:

Cant think why!

Some refinements now:

2. Will Mr Riley be brought before your association to explain his blatant theatrics?

3. Will the game be replayed due to the fact that Dundee obtained all 3 points from a penalty through the false pretenses of a cheating ***ker

One of the reasons I don't post very often is that by the time I've woken up over here other people have made the points I would have. Rarely, however, have my sentiments about an original post been so admirably articulated by PaleGreySky and CJPTFC. I don't dislike much, but I don't like hypocrisy and I don't like Dundee.

Incidentally, is the missive from the Dundee fan assuredly genuine?

The guy who sent the email is living in fantasy land. However whats concerning is if the SFA who lets face it are incompetent anyway pass on a message to referees about Partick Thistle players allegedly cheating to get penalties and to keep an eye out for it. Which could see us being denied genuine penalties because of one very bitter Dundee fan

The author of the e-mail is obviously as thick as a brick with his awful grammar, but credit where credit is due. He really does illustrate his feelings of rage excellently with his use of capital letters and random quotations. I wish the man a speedy recovery from his mental breakdown.

I certainly won't be critising Chris Erskine on here again. I might bump into the theatrical thug in one of East Kilbride's fine ale houses. A couple of cartwheels and a punch and I'd be on my arse.

Anybody else look at the "agenda" thread on their forum? They really do believe that there is a conspiracy against their club.

Their diving player who won them a penalty at Firhill disnae even get a mention.

I used to be entirely neutral about Dundee, but in the last couple of years I've grown to dislike them intensely, and would love to see them get relegated.

However whats concerning is if the SFA who lets face it are incompetent anyway pass on a message to referees about Partick Thistle players allegedly cheating to get penalties and to keep an eye out for it. Which could see us being denied genuine penalties because of one very bitter Dundee fan

You worry too much.

7. Will Dundee FC formally and publicly apologise to all the people unfairly made redundant due to their incompetence in running their financial affairs in both 2003 and 2010?

8. Will Dundee FC formally and publicly apologise to the other SFL and SPL clubs who were basically cheated by them in 2003 and 2010?

9. Will supporters of Dundee FC formally and publicly apologise for acting like total smug c*nts when they though Calum Melville would take them to Champions League glory?

B*stards. I'm glad we won with a dodgy penalty and played pish for the remainder of the game. I hate that club.

In retrospect, so am I. I may have made that view clear to a Dundee fan on leaving the ground on Saturday. Most unlike me :blush:

Anybody else look at the "agenda" thread on their forum? They really do believe that there is a conspiracy against their club.

Their diving player who won them a penalty at Firhill disnae even get a mention.

I used to be entirely neutral about Dundee, but in the last couple of years I've grown to dislike them intensely, and would love to see them get relegated.

Added to that:

1) A couple of years back, we were denied a stonewall penalty in injury time in a match they were winning 1-0 (Ryan Conroy was tripped in the box).

2) Last season, Willie Kinniburgh was sent off and a pen awarded even though the foul was outside the box and we had a covering player.

3) and of course diving Nicky...

I am genuinely not sure of the penalty on Saturday but it also didn't all go our way. Rae should have walked for his slap on Erskine - it was gentle but you raise your hands and your off. Weston should also have walked for his revenge lunge on Elliot (although they should have had a free kick seconds earlier).

I even used to respect Dundee as a well supported club but I now equally detest them!

Very amusing little letter. I guess this person has forgotten all about the clear dive on opening day, which gifted Dundee the victory. I guess this person has also forgotten all about the clear penalties we have been denied over the years at Dens (Liam Buchanan was manhandled every match), I guess this person has forgotten about the stone wall penalty turned down on Saturday in the opening minutes, and last but by no means least, I guess they have forgotten all about the 6p in the pound fiasco...and we are the cheats?

On behalf of good sense, could this little troll please return to his underground hovel and not return. Signed, everybody.

Translation service

"For the first time in 31 years of watching and supporting Dundee FC" = "I am 31"

"after leaving this email for the best part of a day" = "I was pissed"

"to calm down" = "I now have a hangover"

"I find it necessary to write to you to make known my feelings" = "I am a busybody with no life"

"I would like him to explain as to why I and the rest of the stand I was in, at the opposite end of the ground to the incident, CLEARLY saw their was NO contact" = "We were much further away than the referee"

"whilst being ushered by dundee defender Matt Lockwood" = "whilst being elbowed by dundee defender Matt Lockwood"

"who was running alongside him" = "who was running over him"

"Not only did this blatant cheating, result in a penalty which in the end won Partick Thistle all 3 points, but also saw Dundee Goalkeeper Robert Douglas sent off and now I assume, banned for the next league game, even though he had made absolutely no contact at all, forcing Dundee FC to play the final three quarters of the match, a man down." = "The wrong man got sent off because another of our players cheated blatantly"

"Mr Maclean later decided to book Dundee winger Nicky Riley for showing utter frustration" = "Riley is a mouthy wee git"

"in a way I can only describe as common assault" = "I drive through Dundee with my eyes closed"

"as a paying football fan who had seen, yet again, a match being completely ruined by a referee who's inconsistent and incorrect KEY decisions, left me feeling completely cheated." = "he sent off the wrong guy, our guy didn't admit it and who can blame him"

"an ever decreasing phenomenon and we wonder why" = "we're bottom of the league"

"I look forward to your and Mr Maclean's prompt response" = "please blacklist me from any Scotland tickets"

I have to say the Dundee forum has provided some good chuckles, of which the above was just one.

Clearly their penalty award on the opening day of the season is a distant memory and was not Buster Keaton!

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/dfcforum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=22

completely agree there was no whining letter from our fans after their players dive on the opening day im not entirely convinced lockwood didn't force erskine down but we can all clearly see they can't take a bit of their own medicine