Plans For Culter

PaleGreySky

What has everyone got planned for saturday? A couple of pals and myself are heading up on the 8am bus from Edinburgh, then heading over to Peterculter from there. Did a bit of research, and it seems that the Richmond Arms is the destination of choice at 15 mins walk from the ground. Hopefully, we'll make it there for a bit after noon.

We're also booked up on the 8pmish trains back south to Glasgow and Edinburgh, so I'd expect a return to the Richmond Arms and then a cruise through the streets/pubs of Aberdeen and make sure they remember we exist. Can't wait.

Also, just out of interest, is anyone else of the flag owners taking theirs up?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up my tickets from the office this afternoon (Hi Maxy!). City centre bus hopefully arrives in Peterculter with a bit of time to spare. The ground is pretty far out from the centre of Peterculter itself. Do they have a social club? Predicted weather is balmy, so (a) game should be on (B) shouldn't be too bad for standing about.....I see there's a pitch beside the ground. Anyone bringing a ball for a kickabout?

Sitting in the Cavern in Matthew Street in Liverpool, reading the texts I receive from Thornwoodjag telling me of a comfortable jags victory.

Or

Sitting in the Cavern in Matthew Street in Liverpool, reading the texts I receive from Thornwoodjag telling me jags lost and planning how I can stay down there till my dying day!

Despite having emailed on Thursday, I suspect I won't be able to get tickets for this because for some reason or another the email was never responded to. Tried following it up by emailing Ami again but to no avail and it looks like they're sold out now anyway.

Shame really as I was going to be up in Aberdeen for the weekend separately.

Pollok had a really good team round about then, Dingwall and Downs had a great partnership up front and Pollok were the dominant force in the juniors. All change now though and they've been very poor the last few times I've seen them.

Saturday's match SHOULD be routine for Thistle as from what I've heard Culter are very poor even by junior standards. However, it will be a massive culture shock even for our players and I really hope they show a decent work rate right from the kick off.

All I can say is, with our away form I'd be really worried about visiting Spartans this weekend, who I think would give us a real game.

Despite having emailed on Thursday, I suspect I won't be able to get tickets for this because for some reason or another the email was never responded to. Tried following it up by emailing Ami again but to no avail and it looks like they're sold out now anyway.

Shame really as I was going to be up in Aberdeen for the weekend separately.

I picked up my ticket just as the last one was being sold. So only those reserved remained. Must say Ami responded immediately to my e mail. Surely worth a phone call to Ian or Ami.

If I was going to be up in Aberdeen regardless I'd take a trip out to Culter. I'd be kinda surprised if you can't get a view of the game from outside and there's every chance you'd get in anyhow.

I picked up my ticket just as the last one was being sold. So only those reserved remained. Must say Ami responded immediately to my e mail. Surely worth a phone call to Ian or Ami.

If I was going to be up in Aberdeen regardless I'd take a trip out to Culter. I'd be kinda surprised if you can't get a view of the game from outside and there's every chance you'd get in anyhow.

Called up the Club and Maxi confirmed I'd managed to reseve tickets. Must have been an issue with my email account if I never got confirmation. Off to Firhill to get them now. It's a swally on Friday for my dad's birthday and then the hangover shock at Crombie Park! :D

Working until 1pm, head home scran, shower..go to the bookies back thistle to win 10-0..go to the boozer watch the goals coming in on sky sports..see Jeff Stelling macoroni his pants as Jags steam roll the teucter minnows.

YES :)

:unsure:

Thats going to be a hectic half hour neily.....kick offs 1.30 :rolleyes: