Not Fast Enough

lady-isobel-barnett

Tom on the updates says 10 secs and I heard mention 11 secs on the BBC. Obviously we'll get it more accurate from the video.

Anyway all I can find is THIS (scroll down a bit). John Hewitt 9.6 secs (for Aberdeen at Fir Pk '82)

So we might just have witnessed the second quickest ever recorded Scottish Cup goal. :unsure:

:thinking: I'd argue because we were playing into a very strong headwind once adjustments are made to reflect that then yesterday's was the fastest ever. :D

Tom on the updates says 10 secs and I heard mention 11 secs on the BBC. Obviously we'll get it more accurate from the video.

Anyway all I can find is THIS (scroll down a bit). John Hewitt 9.6 secs (for Aberdeen at Fir Pk '82)

So we might just have witnessed the second quickest ever recorded Scottish Cup goal. :unsure:

:thinking: I'd argue because we were playing into a very strong headwind once adjustments are made to reflect that then yesterday's was the fastest ever. :D

Or witnessed the celebrations of the second quickest goal whilst coming up South Drive :rolleyes:

I mistakenly thought it was Martin Lauchlan who scored that goal. It was 89 minutes of backs to the wall after that though, wasn't it?

No.

It was a pretty turgid game all over and the scourge called Brian McPhee equalised in a scramble after about 65 minutes.

I've never, ever forgiven Robert Dunn for scoring before I had even taken a bite out of my pie. A pie that is still waiting to be bitten, I might add!!

we scored against the h*ns in a friendly at Firhill in 1990'ish after 9 seconds IIRC. I think Gary Peebles might have scored

Damn beat me to it.

Mo jo had just joined gers at the time. The game had a minute silence as Jock Wallace had just died.....some one shouted out during the minute silence, "is this cos mo jo is a w****r" and the Rangers support didn't appreciate the joke. Probably bad timing on the guys part.

Damn beat me to it.

Mo jo had just joined gers at the time. The game had a minute silence as Jock Wallace had just died.....some one shouted out during the minute silence, "is this cos mo jo is a w****r" and the Rangers support didn't appreciate the joke. Probably bad timing on the guys part.

I remember the "9" as they equalised quickly then we scored again after 9 minutes. We lost 4-2 in the end & Mo got a couple

i think this is something that we might be freakishly good at. My understanding is that the Willie Sharp goal is recognised as the fastest goal in Scottish football at 7 seconds. The Robert Dunn goal was clocked at 7.5 seconds so that means we're probably credited with both the first and second fastest goals in Scottish Football. However this is just my understanding and there's probably some imported over paid soccer mercenary who turned out once for Dundee who scored in something like 0.00001 of a second

Guest fredthecheesecloth

i think this is something that we might be freakishly good at. My understanding is that the Willie Sharp goal is recognised as the fastest goal in Scottish football at 7 seconds. The Robert Dunn goal was clocked at 7.5 seconds so that means we're probably credited with both the first and second fastest goals in Scottish Football. However this is just my understanding and there's probably some imported over paid soccer mercenary who turned out once for Dundee who scored in something like 0.00001 of a second

It was Ravenelli

Damn beat me to it.

Think it was Scot Symon and the Record labelled the Thistle fans a disgrace. I think the Rangers fans were giving Mo Jo more stick than we did :lol:

I vaguely remember Gerry McCoy scoring after about 10 seconds down at Somerset Park back in the day.

Gerry McCoy won a penalty after only 9 seconds at Somerset. I had a very good view of it and it was never a penalty but I'll stop short of saying it was a dive. The papers said the following day that it was the earliest ever penalty awarded in a match.