Rumour Mill

stuart_adam

It's been funny reading this post new after Saturdays game. I have always thought that Grehan and Doolan add some much needed height to our attack and seem to be willing to have a crack from outside the box. This is something we've really been lacking this season. Anyway, Doolan's goal was a cracker, and i'd have kept him before it but surely it shows what he's capable of.

My criticism of IM is that he seems to want names and this season they've just not performed - Adams, Lovell, Shields have all been a waste of money.

I'd be delighted to see Conroy at Firhill again next season and seeing we seem to have a decent relationship with Celtic/Lennon I wouldn't see this as being impossible. Nobody has mentioned Mcnamara yet - is this dead in the water or are people taking this transfer as a given?

That's got to be up in the air till the full extent of his leg break/recovery is known. If there's no lasting damage he may be a decent signing as player/coach. Others will be aghast at the thought but I was impressed with his last three performances as a player and it's just my gut feeling based only on what I've heard that he'll make a very good coach.

Re Adams, Lovell & Shields being "a waste of money", I doubt many can argue with that. The Lovell thing's been talked to death, fine initially but extending past January the real crime. Buchanan was out to start with and the partnership really should have worked better. When it was clear Lovell had fitness problems then it was time to say goodbye.

With Adams imo the mistake was the opposite. Why take a guy who's not match fit on a short loan if we didn't have a first option on a deal to the end of the year. From what I remember if Jeffries hadn't jumped ship Adams was going to Queens straight away in January.

As for Shields :thinking: sorry, I've really no idea why he was here.

My criticism of IM is that he seems to want names and this season they've just not performed - Adams, Lovell, Shields have all been a waste of money.

A problem seems to be we get these kind of signings midway through the season so they haven't been able to bed in and when they're thrown in they seem to disrupt the team. On top of that when they don't work out the manager seems very reluctant to drop them.

Lovell for instance. OK, he needed some games to see how he worked out, but when Buchanan was out and it could be seen he wasn't quite what we hoped, Doolan should have been given a run (this was before we loaned Doolan).

I know Lovell is a better player than Doolan but that doesn't matter when the better player is off form/injured. (Speaking of which, was Lovell ever really fit when he was with us?) Doolan could have done a job, certainly wouldn't have been worse than Lovell and being dropped might have made Lovell try harder.

Stewart Kean's the latest player I've seen and heard us linked to.

Has done very little in his 2 years at QOS. McMenamin wouldnt be a bad signing, but for me its got to be Pat Clarke, considerably younger than McMenamin and Keane, less injury prone and could hit his peak with us

Has done very little in his 2 years at QOS. McMenamin wouldnt be a bad signing, but for me its got to be Pat Clarke, considerably younger than McMenamin and Keane, less injury prone and could hit his peak with us

:lol:

Mole at the Dundee POTY night this weekend (which incidentaly was Jim Lauchlan :D) says that McMenamin is likely to join us.

Taken with a huge pinch of salt but he was right about Harkins days before it was announced even though we both thought it was shit at the time

Mole at the Dundee POTY night this weekend (which incidentaly was Jim Lauchlan :D) says that McMenamin is likely to join us.

Taken with a huge pinch of salt but he was right about Harkins days before it was announced even though we both thought it was shit at the time

Also heard Lauchlan is getting freed from Dundee

Isn't McMenaminamenaminaman a Jags fan? Would be a good signing anyway - an experienced hard-working striker with an eye for goal...

He's from Maryhill. Think he's a jungle jim though.

Assuming he brings the work rate he had at Livingston and Gretna, he should be a good signing. We thought Lovell would be a good signing as well though.

Pat Clarke appears to have a future at Dundee. The club today announced the players who will not be offered new contracts and those who have been told they're free to find new clubs:

Out of contract players, loanees: Tony Bullock, Derek Soutar, Eddie Malone, Gary MacKenzie, David Cowan, Colin Cameron, Jim Lauchlan, Darren Young and Bob Malcolm, Ryan O’Leary, Andrew Shinnie and Ben Hutchison.

Players free to look for alternative employment: Klimpl, Hart and Deasley.

It's also rumoured that Higgins and Kerr have been advised to look for other clubs, too.

Nothing on McMenamin.

Pat Clarke appears to have a future at Dundee. The club today announced the players who will not be offered new contracts and those who have been told they're free to find new clubs:

Out of contract players, loanees: Tony Bullock, Derek Soutar, Eddie Malone, Gary MacKenzie, David Cowan, Colin Cameron, Jim Lauchlan, Darren Young and Bob Malcolm, Ryan O’Leary, Andrew Shinnie and Ben Hutchison.

Players free to look for alternative employment: Klimpl, Hart and Deasley.

It's also rumoured that Higgins and Kerr have been advised to look for other clubs, too.

Nothing on McMenamin.

I'd take all the ones in bold and McMenemin.

So that leaves Dundee with Rab Douglas, Bobby Geddes, Kyle Benedictus, Chris Casement, Craig McKeown, Eric Paton, Craig Forsyth, Gary Harkins, Paul McHale, Pat Clarke, Mikael Antoine Curier and Colin McMenamin if all of them go.

12 players, 4 of which are strikers and 1 of which is goalkeeper who will turn 50 during next season. :lol:

Queens have also announced those players who will not be offered new deals:

Marvin Andrews

Craig Barr

Scott Fox

Stewart Kean

Leon Knight

Anthony McParland

Ludovic Roy

Stevie Tosh

Loan players Jamie Adams, Joe Hamill and Jordan McMillan have returned to Kilmarnock and Livingston, respectively.

McParland, Hart and McMenaminaman would be enough for me. In fact probably not even Hart unless we let an existing midfielder go, given our likely budget.

I suppose it all depends on who leaves in the summer, but I don't want McCall signing too many players and want to see youth given a chance to make an impression next season.