Tuesday's Game

MMCF

Given the state of the pitch, which is not good at best, and the fairly continuous rain, with more to come, anyone have concerns about tomorrow night's fixture? This includes any passing grounds people who may have an expert point of view on this matter.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More concerned that we will beaten by the part timer tottie howkers..Ayr showed they can raise their game..We haven't

That's what I am worried about the most to be fair. The fact that Brian Reid seems to be able to motivate his players for big games and it doesn't come much bigger tomorrow night. Make no mistake they will come and have a right go and a win tomorrow night would save their season and will send us deep into a relegation fight if we aren't in one already that is.

That's what I am worried about the most to be fair. The fact that Brian Reid seems to be able to motivate his players for big games and it doesn't come much bigger tomorrow night. Make no mistake they will come and have a right go and a win tomorrow night would save their season and will send us deep into a relegation fight if we aren't in one already that is.

Yes they will play much better than the team we played on Saturday, it could be a bad night for us.

We have played about 2 games in the last 4 months and should not be too bad injury wise. Ayr United on the other hand have had loads of games including cup semi finals, scottish cup midweek games they even had to most of saturdays game with 10 men due to Tiffoney being sent off. Reading their supporters comments they seem to have numerous players out with injury as well.

I will be very concerned if we dont pick up 3 points tomorrow night and unfortunately given our results in 2012 I can see this happening.

Tomorrows preview: "Alan Archibald significantly raises the average age of the back four". What's the relevance of the 'average age'? What you mean, jackie, is that we have 3 young guys who are liable to make mistakes because of inexperience, and one old guy who is likely to cause his own problems because of a lack of pace and distribution. It's not like Alan Archibald means the whole back four plays like 23/24 year olds. The other three are just as inexperienced as last week at Livingston. Footballers and managers should stop getting interviews - they all just talk in nonsense cliches and jargon.

Such doom laden people. And not really to the original point. So let me offer this small thought before I depart.

During the war in Vietnam there was a philosophy that went something like this.

If a man decided one morning that this was the day that he was going to die then it was a sure-fire thing that he would find some (godamn) way to make it happen before the sun went down.

So I leave you all to your positive negativity.

Just don't sit beside me please. X

I was under the impression that the consensus of opinion amongst Ayr fans was that Reid was a liability?

I do tho' agree that their recent results are a bit worrying from our point of view. They obviously can defend as holding out against Killie for 90+ mins and getting a point at Dingwall, where they finished with 10 men, prove.

I agree if we don't get a result tonight it's very worrying but it may come down to Ayr showing their form rather than us being woeful. And if we were to pick up the points it may well be down to a good performance rather than a routine win against bottom of the league part timers.

Our most recent form and two similar home games against Stirling & Cowden last season doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.