Can Rangers Raise A Million A Month?

redhulk44

Can the Current Buns raise a sqillion a month?, some of the fans are so sad and desperate that they will do anything, on the Bun forum one guy talks about selling a orange shirt hoping it will raise a million, why don't they sell orange y fronts 3 pair for a pound, lets hope they sack the lot of em come next week :evil:

What annoys me is the players not the administrators are deciding on the course of action, in what other business does that happen?

Also seems the SFA have known for quite a while about Rangers off shore accounts and 2 contracts to trick de fraud the tax man and have done nothing about it, scottish football seems as corrupt as hell

Was interesting on wednesday night to listen to Hugh Keevins and Britney Speirs squirm when a caller suggested that the media should have know, or at least investigated all of this a long time ago. But that because they were so cozy with rangers they didnt bother.

The caller asked why no one looked into this. Hugh replied by asking the caller why HE thought no one had. The caller said it wasnt up to him to comment on it, at which point Hugh said that he wasnt going to either, and goodbye.

Guys like him, traynor, chic young, et al, are so intwined with the old firm that they dont want to rock the boat and have their "exclusives" taken away from them by the clubs. So they play nice and never ask any serious questions.

It took me 5 minutes to go back on the bbc's own sports website to see they had mentioned in a story back in december 2010 that Whyte had a number of companies that had gone to the wall in his business history, AND that he had also been involved in tax non-payment before. Yet no one queried why this guy was seen as a fit and proper person to take over rangers.

The old guard of the news media havent actually did any real investigative journalism for years.

But I bet if the h*ns get papped down the the 3rd, they'll still get a big right up of their game against Annan on a wet and windy tuesday night in december. :(

What annoys me is the players not the administrators are deciding on the course of action, in what other business does that happen?

There's something dodgy about all this. As I remember in all other football administrations in Scotland redundancies were put into effect within days. We're told tonight about the £1m a month requirement to stay afloat. In my admittedly rather simplistic view by deferring cost cutting the administrators are making that £1m a month target considerably more difficult to reach. In doing so they are surely making liquidation more likely.

Whyte I recall was most eager to have his nominated administrators appointed to the extent of a mad dash to put Rangers in administration ahead of HMRC. I've never understood the significance of this believing that administrators had hard and fast strictures and regulations to adhere to. I'd have thought that in a non manufacturing business immediately reducing the wage bill would be almost the first step.

I'm not sure who is the more clueless here. The media who are too bothered about their h un love in or the administrators Duff and Duffer who dont seem to be able to make any coherent decisions.

If you are losing money hand over fist, then make some cuts and make them now so the rest of Scottish football can get on with the buisness of pointing and laughing at you.

Hope they are wiped off the face of humnity.

There's something dodgy about all this. As I remember in all other football administrations in Scotland redundancies were put into effect within days. We're told tonight about the £1m a month requirement to stay afloat. In my admittedly rather simplistic view by deferring cost cutting the administrators are making that £1m a month target considerably more difficult to reach. In doing so they are surely making liquidation more likely.

Whyte I recall was most eager to have his nominated administrators appointed to the extent of a mad dash to put Rangers in administration ahead of HMRC. I've never understood the significance of this believing that administrators had hard and fast strictures and regulations to adhere to. I'd have thought that in a non manufacturing business immediately reducing the wage bill would be almost the first step.

Apparently the administrators in question have been used many times by whyte in the past in his other businesses that have went to the wall, all of which has made Whyte money and left the creditors with next to nothing, something is very fishy here especially as the administrators were pushing to get Cousins signed after the CVA was put in place, even though he was to be on £7k a week.

Like other posters above, I was a bit perplexed by the fact Whyte was allowed to appoint his own choice of administrators before the courts could appoint theirs. Shortly after their appointment, the admin mob were making statements to the effect that their first priority was to "protect the interests of the football club!" Well, stupid me was of the obviously erroneous impression that the priority of any administrators was to protect the interests of the creditors. Clearly this shower of administrators are Whyter than Whyte.

To the point at issue, though, my understanding of this £1million a month thing is that they have to find savings of a million a month. That, assuming even bare bones running costs etc, would mean that the bankrupt billy boys will have to be finding ways of generating far in excess of £1million a month between now and the end of the season. Given that their season ticket money is well and truly sp*nked and their replica shirts & other 'goodies' are available at reduced prices, the prospect of fulfilling their cost efficiency programme seems about as realistic as their hopes of winning the SPL title this season.

F*ck them.

Like other posters above, I was a bit perplexed by the fact Whyte was allowed to appoint his own choice of administrators before the courts could appoint theirs. Shortly after their appointment, the admin mob were making statements to the effect that their first priority was to "protect the interests of the football club!" Well, stupid me was of the obviously erroneous impression that the priority of any administrators was to protect the interests of the creditors. Clearly this shower of administrators are Whyter than Whyte.

To the point at issue, though, my understanding of this £1million a month thing is that they have to find savings of a million a month. That, assuming even bare bones running costs etc, would mean that the bankrupt billy boys will have to be finding ways of generating far in excess of £1million a month between now and the end of the season. Given that their season ticket money is well and truly sp*nked and their replica shirts & other 'goodies' are available at reduced prices, the prospect of fulfilling their cost efficiency programme seems about as realistic as their hopes of winning the SPL title this season.

F*ck them.

Apparently 16th of March is looking like the day of reckoning!! Ides of March indeed!!!

In all nonesty I'm getting fed up listening to the Rangers glee club's shock about the rules that every one else in the country should apply to Glasow Rangers. What did they honestly expect a knight on a white horse to ride to their rescue?

It really is amazing that after years of complaining about the state of Scottish Football, now Rangers are in trouble its the end of civilisation as we know it. i can definetly predict one thing they'll get hey haw from me!

I'm beginning to come around to the thinking that this was Craig Whyte's plan all along.

I remember when he took over rangers the question was asked why a guy that likes his privacy and that people know very little about, would get involved with rangers and all that entails.

Now we know.

My understanding is that it relates to different kinds of administrator. There's administrators and administrative receivers who have different duties to certain creditors depending on who appoints them. Hence the so-called "race" to appoint before the court did it for them.

It took me 5 minutes to go back on the bbc's own sports website to see they had mentioned in a story back in december 2010 that Whyte had a number of companies that had gone to the wall in his business history, AND that he had also been involved in tax non-payment before. Yet no one queried why this guy was seen as a fit and proper person to take over rangers.

if there's even a reasonable suspicion that the operation of 'dual contracts' stretches back 15/17 years, it is entirely possible that some pundits in the employ of bbc scotland are implicated. young, traynor et al aside, how can the bbc have any credibility whilst those ex-players are part of the set up.

My understanding is that it relates to different kinds of administrator. There's administrators and administrative receivers who have different duties to certain creditors depending on who appoints them. Hence the so-called "race" to appoint before the court did it for them.

Still can't get my head round why player redundancies weren't implemented at an earlier stage. By that I mean high earners out of contract this season.

Still can't get my head round why player redundancies weren't implemented at an earlier stage. By that I mean high earners out of contract this season.

Apparently the money was already set aside to play the players for February, maybe that couldn't then be put towards anything else? The problem now comes as they don't have enough money to pay the players for this month, hence the decision to make players redundant now.

Can the Current Buns raise a sqillion a month?, some of the fans are so sad and desperate that they will do anything, on the Bun forum one guy talks about selling a orange shirt hoping it will raise a million, why don't they sell orange y fronts 3 pair for a pound, lets hope they sack the lot of em come next week :evil:

The Bears' Den is absolute comedy gold at the moment :lol: .

The way they were going on, on the radio yesterday you would think it was nothing to do with them.For years they and their fellow ugly sisters twins have said they want out of Scotland and join the EPL, now they want us all to help them.NO WAY.Remember the SPL double vote they didnt care what happened to us.Next on the hit list Celtic ,Hearts ,Hibs and then the rest.

Edited by Auld Jag

It's just that I've had triumphalism, smugness, Rule Britannia, WATP, 'dignity' rammed in my face for umpteen years, so it's enjoyable to see them humbled.

I do have sympathy for the non-playing staff - not pleasant losing your job. As ever, it's the ordinary Joe (or Billy, or Sammy) who pays the price for someone else's hubris.

Why supporters of PTFC feel compelled to discuss this is beyond me!

:blink:

Absolutely, much more interesting to discuss meaningless games against teams we play 5 or 6 times a season and have done for years.

Fair enough if you personally are not interested. But surely the administration and possible liquidation of Rangers is of interest to all football supporters, as Norman says, the consequences for PTFC and others could be significant. Also on a Thistle level, of course Thistle supporters want to discuss this - it's Rangers, come on! Shadenfreude is a key part of the football supporter's mentality.