Jonny Tuffey

Stephen1876

Jonny has left Inverness in search of first team football - shame it never worked out for him, hope he finds a new club and his career starts heading in an upward trajectory again.

Bet he is grateful to Nigel Worthington, who told he would need to move to a bigger club to be a contender for the Northern Ireland squad. He has now went from pushing to be the first choice keeper to not even being in the squad...and with a keeper of Lee Camp's ability in goal, it could be a long way back!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the performance at Hamilton and it was outstanding - I also remember the last minute penalty save at Cappielow to preserve a point. On the other hand I also remember the pass back against Clyde and the last minute "through the legs" at Cappielow so I remain totally unconvinced.

He was perhaps a great keeper in his own head but on the pitch it was a far more mixed message.

As a Thistle goalie of my memory he wouldn't be in the top ten (I am fairly old though).

I remember the performance at Hamilton and it was outstanding - I also remember the last minute penalty save at Cappielow to preserve a point. On the other hand I also remember the pass back against Clyde and the last minute "through the legs" at Cappielow so I remain totally unconvinced.

He was perhaps a great keeper in his own head but on the pitch it was a far more mixed message.

As a Thistle goalie of my memory he wouldn't be in the top ten (I am fairly old though).

Now there's an excellent idea for a list!!

Here goes (in approximate order of descending excellence):

Rough

Nelson

Walker

Niven

Arrol

Langfield

Tuffey

Hamilton

Arthur

Murdoch

Rough

Nelson

Walker

Niven

Arrol

Langfield

Tuffey

Hamilton

Arthur

Murdoch

I put Walker way above the rest (and way behing Rough) Hamilton was brilliant for us & Arrol too. Langfield was no better than Arthur for us but went on to be better. I never saw Niven

Rough

Nelson

Walker

Niven

Arrol

Langfield

Tuffey

Hamilton

Arthur

Murdoch

Really? The guy was a bombscare when he was with us. No chance was he better than Tuffey, Arthur or Fox.

I think he did a great job for us. If you take a look at some of the Youtube clips of matches from back then, he really saved our bacon many times.

Think you might have missed my poor attempt at a joke! Or perhaps you may have managed to erase Mr. Still from your memory; if so my sincere apologies for reminding you.