Simple Poll For Our Chairman To See

uberteeb

153 members have voted

1. 1. If we do not publicly oppose reduced sanctions (ie SFL1 entry) for Newco what will you do?

• Renew my ST as usual
    • Continue to regularly attend as a PATG customer
    • Walk away - not renew my ST
    • Walk away - no longer be a regular PATG customer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I cannot get to the games as often as I could, I could not care less who we play. I go to watch Thistle, not the opposition...

I'm not going to have a go at anyone who has a different view to my own but you won't have had the full effect of what is going on if you live in Germany. It is an utter disgrace.

SFL 1 entry is not going to happen.

Beattie's opinions were towards a hypothetical SPL 1/2 reconstruction and fast tracking Hunco into it.

That's virtually the same thing, reconstruction can and should happen regardless of what happens with Zombie Rangers. We should not be blackmailed over the issue which is effectively what that is, "never mind sporting integrity, look at the shiny new stuff we are getting", we can get that anyway.

I have in good faith purchased my season ticket already (albeit in installments), because I know it is beneficial to the club and I have been relatively happy with where we've been going on and off the park, happy that we were encouraging people to sign up earlier than usual. I would put myself firmly in the optimists camp, and hate to advocate any action that can damage the club, but if I felt the club played an active role in facilitating Rangers being placed in the first division in time for the start of next season, I would be doing everything in my power to have my season ticket monies refunded and pick and choose likely a few games to attend next season.

League reconstruction is of fundamental importance but only in terms of having something to play for outside of top place in the first division, I don't believe that 14 or 16 team leagues are likely to have a particularly radical effect on the future of Scottish football. I absolutely would not trade this for giving Rangers a place in the first division next season, no matter how important I feel league reconstruction is integrity and fairness trump all else. I have zero interest in any supposed 'commercial' benefits anyone thinks will emerge from having Rangers in the first, this would be the most blinkered example of short sightedness ever displayed in Scottish football, and that is saying something.

The problem, as Thistle have seen over the years, is once fans walk away it is extremely hard to get them to come back on a regular basis. I have been a season ticket holder since I was 7 years old, I have purchased a season ticket for the forthcoming season even though I didn't get value from my season ticket last season due to missing a few games, but if this happens I would have no interest in my season ticket and would fully expect the club to refund me the payments, since the conditions under which I bought a season ticket (optimism, belief in the club) had been so fundamentally altered.

I should add I still have faith in the board to do the right thing and think it is hard to make a definitive statement when so much is up in the air, but my strength of feeling on this matter is considerably more than on any other issue our club has faced in my lifetime (StJ excepted I guess).

You can add another five onto the last option as my two sons and three mates who dont post on here but attend every home game, every season and we pay at the gate are all agreed that we are finished with the club if they vote to allow the Southside Bigot Cheaters into the 2nd league of Scottish football

None of the above. Public opposition is one thing, I'll decide on ST (more of a donation on my part these days) once I find out about any voting by the board (public or otherwise). If the vote is anything other than for the integrity/apply as per normal for div 3 option I will be surprised and devastated. In that case it'll be no more donations from me.

Fortunately there seems to be a groundswell against this amongst the SFL clubs - Hutton at Raith Rovers is describing it as an 'Arab Spring' (don't know how Dundee Utd come into it but never mind). They must join the queue for entry to Div. 3 - anything else defeats the purpose of competitive football in Scotland.

The First Division shouldn't be a dumping ground for the SPL's toxic waste.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Was ready to purchase my ST on Friday for all of 4 or 5 games that I'll be able to attend, that will not be happening if this goes through, my father has said he will be looking for a refund and returning his ticket as will my brother, with his boy not going that's 4 jags fans and 3 generations lost for good, so that's another 3 to the bottom selection

Edited by Norgethistle

None of the above. Public opposition is one thing, I'll decide on ST (more of a donation on my part these days) once I find out about any voting by the board (public or otherwise). If the vote is anything other than for the integrity/apply as per normal for div 3 option I will be surprised and devastated. In that case it'll be no more donations from me.

This sums me up also.

If this happens, I am finished with Thistle and Scottish football.

This farce has been running on and on with the SPL and SFA seemingly to scared to make any sort of decision.

This is an organisation that has ridden roughshod over the rest of Scottish Football, without conscience and with its own self interest at the heart of its agenda. It now wants all those it viewed as a minor inconvenience to bend over backwards to allow it to survive - debt free and with as few minor sanctions as possible, all so that they can elicit a swift return to the status quo.

Scottish football, even before this carnival started, was a laughing stock and a farce. Now the chairman of "my" club has stated that he is quite happy to accommodate the biggest cheats in Scottish Footballs history for financial gain.

The sham of any sort of competition will be lost, with the rest of the clubs scrambling around for the dregs from the "old firm" table, but this time everyone will know that every single club in Scotland is taking part in a rigged competition - because we "can't afford to let Rangers Die".

Bollocks.

Sevco in SFL1 - I am never setting foot inside a Scottish Football Stadium again

Sevco in SFL1 - I am never setting foot inside a Scottish Football Stadium again

I think that single sentence sums up the current feeling of a substantial number of football supporters of (currently) non-SPL teams.

That's the sentence that should be sent to Mr. Beattie, with a rejoinder to the effect than many supporters share this view. Does he really want to Thistle to be playing in front of junior-sized crowds except for a few matches against the defunct h u n s? If he and his fellow chairmen are complicit in bending over to help out the Govan tribe, than that's what they risk.

Sent this email to the club the other day not very well worded but was hurriedly put together. Hope it gets my point across.

I am assuming newco will be debt and sanction free in Div1

I have followed The Mighty Jags for over 40 years having endured many highs and many extreme lows. I didnt expect Thistle to win every week and i went along in the hope they would win. Given what has happened to Rangers FC it now seems that i was misguided and that we were not competing on a level playing field. I wasnt happy with Rangers Fc winning lots of trophies while Thistle struggled to get to a final but i believed it was all done in an equal manner.In other words the defeats by Rangers in the league may have cost my team its place in the league and a defeat in a cup semi final by them may have cost my team a place in the final. By their actions Rangers Fc have cheated me, my club, Scottish football, european football and the British public.

That is why i was appalled to read that you thought that Newco being in Div 1 was a good idea. Sorry but i strongly disagree they have cheated ( to nice a word for it) and as such i believe should be at the very least sent back to Div 3 to start all over again and work their way up through the leagues like ICT and Ross Co have done.

I dont know if PTFC will have a vote on whether Newco are to play in DIv 1 or if the footballing authorities will simply tell you thats the way that it is. If PTFC do have a vote i strongly urge you to vote no to them, many Thistle fans ( myself and my son included) are strongly against newco starting anywhere other than div 3. If newco are allowed to play in SPL i will never set foot in any of the SPL grounds ever again and i will stop attending Scotland matches. If PTFC vote to accept Newco into Div 1 i am finished with senior football ( even if the vote goes against newco) in Scotland and wont be renewing my season ticket ever again. If PTFC vote no but are outvoted and newco get into Div 1 i will buy my season ticket as usual. If newco start in Div 3 then everything with me will remain the same.

I realise there are cash incentives to be had but they are not worth losing your dignity or a lot of your core supporters for. These cash incentives may even be greater when all this has died down and Newco will be in our league in 2 or 3 years time. I dont want to stop going to Firhill i used to live at the top of Firhill Rd and Thistle have been apart of my life for almost 50 years i even had a spell as a ballboy and a programme seller. It would break my heart not to go but i feel so strongly about this that i will be left with no alternative should PTFC vote to accept newco.

Take the time to read some of the fans feelings on the websites or on facebook. I know for everyone who agrees with me there will be someone who disagrees but if the fans who agree with me leave its doubtful any will return those who disagree with me will still be there. Why dont you poll the fans to find out how they feel i would imagine it would be easy enough to send an email to everyone who is on your database. Or put a poll on the club website

I realise you are a busy man and i am not looking for a reply but i had to let you know how i and many others feel. I sincerely hope that PTFC will be hearing from me when i apply for a season ticket for season 2012-13.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Edited by Jaggyman

We, as well as some other non-sectarian/non-corrupt clubs, attempted to abide by the "rules" regarding stadium size etc. and consequentially we were heavily punished financially - results on the pitch obviously suffered as a result - directly or indirectly we finished up in the second division. Others suffered more (the now defunct Airdrieonians, Livingston, Dundee) some suffered less (Aberdeen Motherwell) so there is perhaps not a precise template available for punishment.

However, in the case of the former Glasgow Rangers the evidence of the scale of financial doping is perhaps the deciding factor in that any punishment should perhaps be at the more severe end of the scale. If the are retained in the SPL due to financial greed being a greater attraction than the integrity of the competition then so-be-it - but a 40 point reduction should be applied for a duration similar to the duration of the corrupt tax avoidance scheme they were operating under.

Similarly they should be precluded from both League and Scottish Cups. If they are relegated to Division 3 then the punishment could be a 20 point reduction - to run for a similar timescale - again removal from Cup competitions could apply.

The notion of them being dumped into the first division (and indirectly benefiting the likes of us) is frankly insulting to any notion of fair play - particularly to the impoverished but honestly run clubs in the lower leagues.

I do not attend as many matches as i would like - primarily due to the health of my son - so my loss to the financial situation prevalent in Scottish football would not be very important, but some of the contributors on here who are considering walking away from a potentially corrupt game are worth considering and their departure from the game (albeit a game not perhaps morally acceptable) would be significant both for themselves and the finances of the club(s)..

Edited by JeanieD