No Idle Threat

wee jim

I suspect that club chairmen, including ours, reading fans forums will detect an air of inevitability that we now expect Servco will start life in division 1 or its equivalent.

This actually almost makes the decision easier for them. Perhaps in the remaining days before the vote we should all reiterate in the strongest terms that our threats are no false utterings and those of us who have said they will turn their back on PTFC will indeed do just that if the vote does not support the majority of the fans wishes.

No false threats here from me, my two boys and two mates. NEWCO in Div 1 and we are finished with football in Scotland. We have already got a few emergency plans set up to take in some Bolton games, a few horse racing meetings and a few golf days, though we all hope that we are all at Firhill in a few weeks. Sadly the great carve up is making this look increasingly unlikely

I will shortly be moving to North Lancashire and have already contacted Accrington Stanley, Bury, Preston and Rochdale to see which would be best for me to follow. It won't be the same as The Jags, but I need someone to follow on a Saturday

I'd love to know what you asked them.

"As a Partick Thistle fan, I'm looking to closely replicate decades of disappointment, the occasional high and a lot of laughs with decent mates to make it all bearable as we go nowhere fast. I am well accustomed to taking defeat with a weary shrug, but would prefer if it was done fair and square. If your board are mostly useless and you have one or two massive clubs nearby who make you want to vomit on sight, that would also help make me feel at home. Make me an offer."

Football's done OK out of me and my family over the years and the memories have been a very fair trade off for the time and money spent. But everyone has a line they won't cross without feeling like a total mug and Friday looks like either a fresh start for everything or the absolute end of it for me.

I have long since come to the conclusion that if Scottish football is patently corrupt then it can do so without my support.

I earnestly hope that the clubs realise that the game in this country is on the eve of destruction if the well publicised plans for the admission of New Co Rangers are implemented.

Integrity must defeat Shame on Friday.

It is Scottish Football that could be victim number 1. The sport would then be dead.

Our Club, Thistle would be victim number 2 in losing a good few fans unable to stomach such weakness and wrongdoing.

Victim 3 would be the fans of all those clubs who were set against this stitch up - surely the vast majority??

However, if our Thistle Board were to give their approval on Friday and Rangers Mk II get into SFL1 then the togetherness concept of One Thistle is blown and we the fans of PTFC will have been betrayed. I could not bring myself back to Firhill again.

Rangers in SFL1? ........... Only a rant against this from our Board could save our Club!!

I look to the Official site every time before I come on here :no:

As it looks like they'll be having 3 votes on Friday (assuming they don't vote on the buffet!), the crux for me is how they vote on motion ii).

If they vote to leave the decision to SFL board as to what league a Newco would go into then I will be finding something else to do on a Saturday.

I have found that Golf is a pretty good substitute.

It is unpredictable.

It has rare great highs.

Lots of lows.

You hope for a good "nett" score.

You have great mates.

You enjoy a pint or xxx afterwards while you endlessly discuss the game

You even get to be a manager of 14 clubs who constantly rebel against your wishes.

Oh oh, its getting nasty already..............

I can't really make any threat as I haven't offered much in terms of ST or even pay at the gate money for a couple of years now. I have however made clear my intention to buy a season ticket should the club vote against Sevco in SFL1 and for the proper application process to be followed. Should we vote for Sevco in SFL1 it will be much much easier to go watch my new local team, Tranmere, and not feel guilty when it comes to "supporting" Stoke either.

Just emailed the club urging them to vote against the Division 1 option on

Friday (in whatever form it is presented) and asking for a season ticket refund

if newco are in our division.

I really hope I don't have to carry that threat, but I will, and will go and watch

Junior football instead.

I'm off to Alloa tonight with my son hoping, but not expecting that this is just the first game of the season and not also the last.

If Rangers are in the First Division next year, I won't be. I'll have to find somewhere to go on a league Saturday but I am quite close to a couple of decent Junior sides. On the other hand my son, aged 9, suggested that Stirling Albion might be a decent shout - IF they vote No! If Thistle also vote No I will still be at cup games etc.

If Thistle vote Yes then I am out for good. No season ticket, no new away top, cancel my Centenary Fund membership and no more trekking West on cold, wet Saturday afternoons.

I will shortly be moving to North Lancashire and have already contacted Accrington Stanley, Bury, Preston and Rochdale to see which would be best for me to follow. It won't be the same as The Jags, but I need someone to follow on a Saturday

Bury? Isn't there another guy up here looking at them?

PS: Pick Preston - great pubs everywhere.

Have you ruled out Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool and Burnley?

My dad flies in here on Friday, and I know the 1st thing he will ask is how did the vote go, followed by 1 of us going on the phone, either him to cancell his ST or me to buy one, 30 years I have been going (Not so regular now as the buses from here are murder), and 65 years he has, add to that my brother who's nearly 30 years going and his son about to start his 2nd season, 120 years combined tradition gone if we sell our souls for a handful of coins, My gradfather was a season ticket holder from before the war and attended up to the early 70's, so 4 generations in my family as will be in many others. Personally I dont think I will ever attend another live football game whether in Scotland or Norway, I'll be done with it, no fault of Norway but to stand and watch another team when mine had turned its back on its own fans would be too hard.

Boards change with the seasons, fans are generally there for life, whether in body or just spirit.

So Mr Beattie before you vote please think what you are throwing away, when a tie is broken it is very difficult to re-establish it, you have been promoting PTFC as the family club, so please respect this clubs family and vote NO before the clubs brothers, sister, and kids go their seperate ways never to return.

Please do the right thing, grow the club long term engage the fans, encourage them to be part of it and the good times will come back, dont take a quick buck and find the club extinct this time next year with the only product to sell is the land.

As it looks like they'll be having 3 votes on Friday (assuming they don't vote on the buffet!), the crux for me is how they vote on motion ii).

If they vote to leave the decision to SFL board as to what league a Newco would go into then I will be finding something else to do on a Saturday.

And of course this is the key to the club's real intentions: a vote to leave things up to the SFL board is, in my opinion, considerably worse than directly voting sevco into Div. 1.

Voting to let somebody else make the decision - somebody who 100% guaranteed will put them straight into our division is the consumate cop out and will lose the respect of the Thistle support for as long as they can draw breath.

If the Thistle board has any vestige of respect for the Thistle supporters, it's a simple NO TO SEVCO GOING STRAIGHT INTO SFL 1, and anything else is the end for PTFC as a bona fide football club.

This is the first time I've really been in a position to buy a season ticket. Previously I have been a fairly regular attendee but never enough to make a season ticket financially viable. I was initially really excited by this prospect but my enthusiasm has been well and truly trampled on during this disgraceful 'process'. I'm not going to say I won't watch Thistle again - that wouldn't be true - but unless David Beattie votes to keep Rangers out of SFL1 I won't be buying a season ticket and I certainly won't be at Firhill anywhere near as often as I had intended.

I understand that the proposal before the clubs doesn't allow the clubs to decide whether newco goes into div 1 or div 3. That would be the SFL board decision. Therefore the clubs can only do one thing and not allow them to apply to join the SFL.

I doubt that'll happen tho' I wouldn't be surprised if no vote is taken because of clause 2. Re that, I hear Arbroath are seeking fan input. Didn't do much good with Dumbarton but might help. Still looks to me that the SFL committee are weighted towards newco/Div1 but just maybe the representatives of Alloa, Brechin & Arbroath might be swayed.