Bbc Alba Coverage

The Earl of Hathaway

Same crowd in the north stand (200 folk) as there has been in previous weeks.

Just watching the game just now and it turns out billy brown is a bitter wee biased shite who actually doesn't know jack about the game.

Great insight like at half time... I said at the start there would be goals, I don't think so now and think Raith will win 1.0...

On Jackie moving Erskine from left to right in the 2nd half... He's either great at his job or very lucky.

The best bit was... I have never seen grant Murray have a bad game.

Cue the third goal and Murray does his usual when someone runs at him... Try and show them outside only to be wrong footed as Erskine turns inside...

Am I the only one who finds BBC Alba to be really good? I can't understand a word of most of it, but the half time features are pretty good and the interviews ask good questions, both unlike a certain other BBC football programme.

Agree with that actually.

However, they would do well to ditch Billy Brown.

I wish the whole thing had been in gaelic so I didn't need to listen to him. Clown

Am I the only one who finds BBC Alba to be really good? I can't understand a word of most of it, but the half time features are pretty good and the interviews ask good questions, both unlike a certain other BBC football programme.

Agree totallyCoverage is top class. Very professional. Pity however the cameras can't be located in the Main stand so the crowd can be shown during the game. The moving adverts were annoying initially but somehow grew on you as the match went on. Very Clear. Did Chic Charnley just fall out of last night's party?

Considering it's broadcast in a language alien to most of its viewers, the BBC Alba coverage is probably more interesting to football fans than the punditry, analysis and features on offer for *any* other domestic football and probably most domestic sport.

That's both worthy of praise and pretty damning for the rest of Scottish sports coverage.

I enjoyed the Alba coverage last night. Before the game I was talking to some of their technical and presenting team, they all seemed sound and genuinely dedicated to delivering a quality transmission. And they were complimentary about the Thistle welcome.

Agree with posters above. Billy Brown called it SO wrong, if cameras come to Firhill surely the Club needs to open Main Stand so we look as if we have more than 1 man and a dug supporting us. A good pal in Manchester watched a bit of the game online and thought we had no support at all!

By all accounts, even with the SFL3 daughters of darkness games, Alba might struggle to justify a further SFL contract. That would be a real pity on all sorts of levels; I was looking forward to learning a chant about pink socks in gaelic.

Btw PT and Ian Mac. I made a rash promise to buy your lot a round if we won yesterday. Offer can be redeemed within Star & Garter at next home game...

The Alba coverage is excellent , in a way it forces you to watch the game and not listen to the commentators as most of us wont have a clue what is being said.

As for Billy Brown, if he thought Raith deserved something out that game then he is an even bigger idiot that I think

Same crowd in the north stand (200 folk) as there has been in previous weeks.

Just watching the game just now and it turns out billy brown is a bitter wee biased shite who actually doesn't know jack about the game.

Great insight like at half time... I said at the start there would be goals, I don't think so now and think Raith will win 1.0...

On Jackie moving Erskine from left to right in the 2nd half... He's either great at his job or very lucky.

The best bit was... I have never seen grant Murray have a bad game.

Cue the third goal and Murray does his usual when someone runs at him... Try and show them outside only to be wrong footed as Erskine turns inside...

Oh how i chuckled when I heard this!!!

Recorded the game as I didn't realise it would be repeated and watched it all again last night.

Totally agree that the BBC Alba coverage is excellent, the half time features were entertaining and most of all that Billy Brown is a clueless fud. How do people like him manage to make a living out of football?? His timing just as we scored the 2nd goal was priceless.

That will be because the football on ALba is a kind of add-on that wasn't originally intended, so not drawing from the usual pool of incompetents and bringing in new guys. As a result they're using guys who actually are interested and enthusiastic about football (not just OF fans with a mike).

Also having to speak gaelic must filter out a lot of the useless numpties who usually get a gig.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Totally agree that the BBC Alba coverage is excellent, the half time features were entertaining and most of all that Billy Brown is a clueless fud. How do people like him manage to make a living out of football?? His timing just as we scored the 2nd goal was priceless.

One of many stealing a living out the game for years.

As a Gaelic-speaker and Jags fan, I can say that BBC Alba's match commentary on the game was good (I was at the match and watched the repeat in the evening). It's relatively free of cliché and it's totally free of Chic Young, James Traynor etc.

Durachdan,

Eddy

Eddie can you share with us again the gaelic term for man of the match that I saw on screen but could not write down without the ink of a couple of biros??