Sevco In The Ramsdens Cup

jaggy

Their game was delayed due to it being an international weekend, but were any of their players in international action over the weekend? I'm thinking maybe Sheils and Little, but not sure of any more. Did we not have to play in the ramsdens (or a previous incarnation) without Tuffey not that long ago as he was on international duty? so why was their game delayed?

Their game was delayed due to it being an international weekend, but were any of their players in international action over the weekend? I'm thinking maybe Sheils and Little, but not sure of any more. Did we not have to play in the ramsdens (or a previous incarnation) without Tuffey not that long ago as he was on international duty? so why was their game delayed?

What makes you think that they play to the same rules as us ?

Could be wrong but im pretty sure you can apply for a postponment if you have 3 or more players called uo for internationals. Shiels little and maybe perry in the u21's ?

You only need 2 players on International duty to have a match potsponed. They have Shiels, Little and Perry is indeed with the U21's.

As we only ever had Tuffey away, we wouldn't have been eligible for a postponement.

what i was considering today was the possibility of meeting Sevco in the final, and the choice of neutral venue that would require. The two geographically local options would realistically be Hampden or Parkhead, and as it's only the diddy cup, i wonder if they'd be less inclined to stage it at the national stadium, in case it diluted the brand of the Scottish Cup or the League Cup?

what i was considering today was the possibility of meeting Sevco in the final, and the choice of neutral venue that would require. The two geographically local options would realistically be Hampden or Parkhead, and as it's only the diddy cup, i wonder if they'd be less inclined to stage it at the national stadium, in case it diluted the brand of the Scottish Cup or the League Cup?

That's a good point. I don't think the sponsors of the two more senior trophies would be that pleased. That said it's the League Cup that's more likely to suffer and its sponsor isn't a commercial concern, which may make a difference.

If sevco were to make the final I think on balance it would still be played at Hampden

If ZombieRangers get to the final it will be at Hampden as that is the largest neutral SFL ground. WOuldnt be at Parkhead as thats techincally a SPL ground and cant be used by SFL.

Would love us to get to the final and play them at Hampden, would get over 30k people that and make some cash plus a chance to turn over that zombie ******* bigotfest of a club.

(plus i will miss the semi final as im on holiday :()

If ZombieRangers get to the final it will be at Hampden as that is the largest neutral SFL ground. WOuldnt be at Parkhead as thats techincally a SPL ground and cant be used by SFL.

Would love us to get to the final and play them at Hampden, would get over 30k people that and make some cash plus a chance to turn over that zombie ******* bigotfest of a club.

McDiarmid Park was used in 2009/10 and 2010/11 when St Johnstone were in the SPL so there's nothing stopping any SPL ground being used.

I'd prefer we don't play them at all. I can't be bothered with their fans, it would be much easier if they just died (the club not the fans).

Erm, theres a good proportion of them i wouldn't mind seeing shuffling off this mortal coil, but each to their own i suppose young christopher.

Would prefer we avoided them in the semis. Arbroath would be cracking day out, must be a full 10 years since we last played there.

If we were drawn against sevco in the semis I suppose the tie would be deferred due to international duties like their game against QoS. A likely date for the semi would be the midweek before we're away to Falkirk. Far from ideal.

Much as I'd enjoy the visit I would be concerned about an away tie to Arbroath..

I reckon it would be a full house, given the 'stiff upper lip' shit they're going through just now.

The Jags beating The Rangers :sarcastic: at Hampden in front of 52,000 people in the first ever meeting between the clubs. Sheer bliss! :frantic:

I reckon it would be a full house, given the 'stiff upper lip' shit they're going through just now.

The Jags beating The Rangers :sarcastic: at Hampden in front of 52,000 people in the first ever meeting between the clubs. Sheer bliss! :frantic:

It would indeed be bliss, as it should have been in the Scottish Cup semi when the officials conspired to rob us of a perfectly good goal that would have taken us to the final instead of the h u n s. I have little doubt that the officials this time around will again be ready to "do their best".

As much as I resent the fact the final will be at Hampden only if Lodge 5088 are involved, I think it could work to our advantage. The bigger pitch will be exploited in a far more savvy way by Jackie than his portly counterpart.

That said, what do others who were at the QP game think about how we fared there in terms of use of the the width of the pitch?

Personally I'd rather avoid them. Sevco - although they should be too strong for the 3rd and maybe 2nd division - are not that great and know it so I can see them going all out to kick us off the park (remember who plays in midfield for them) and the ref would let them away with it. I don't want our league and/or SC push spolied by unnecessary injuries.

Personally I'd rather avoid them. Sevco - although they should be too strong for the 3rd and maybe 2nd division - are not that great and know it so I can see them going all out to kick us off the park (remember who plays in midfield for them) and the ref would let them away with it. I don't want our league and/or SC push spolied by unnecessary injuries.

Yip. Hopefully we'll have won the league by the time the final comes along :thumbsup2:

Sory to be a pain, but I've been in hospital last week- just wanted to know when the draw for the S.F. takes place or indeed has it takenplace? I know Sevco have still to play QoS, am I rightin thinking that as per usual it will be delayed until whether by hook or crook they get through to the next round?

Got it in one :thumbsup2: