Jags Trust Agm & Meet The Manager

davemains

attended the Jags Trust Meeting last night - AGM followed by a "Meet the Manager" session with Jackie Mac - Jackie was brilliant, spending an hour talking Thistle, First Division and Scotland(!)

Its was great to hear how he thinks the individual players have progressed and whats he's been working on with them, as well as his views on tactical formations and how they match up to other teams in the division.

attended the Jags Trust Meeting last night - AGM followed by a "Meet the Manager" session with Jackie Mac - Jackie was brilliant, spending an hour talking Thistle, First Division and Scotland(!)

Its was great to hear how he thinks the individual players have progressed and whats he's been working on with them, as well as his views on tactical formations and how they match up to other teams in the division.

He talks a lot of sense and wants football played the way it should be...unlike a certain Scotland manager.

Anything interesting come from the AGM part?

He talks a lot of sense and wants football played the way it should be...unlike a certain Scotland manager.

Anything interesting come from the AGM part?

nah - adoption of minutes from last meeting etc etc

but given that there's 300-400 members of the trust and Jackie was attending, was surprised by how few people were there- maybe needs publicised a wee bit better?

nah - adoption of minutes from last meeting etc etc

but given that there's 300-400 members of the trust and Jackie was attending, was surprised by how few people were there- maybe needs publicised a wee bit better?

Ah but how many of those members have paid up for this year? They do the Meet The Manager on the same night as AGM so members who haven't paid will be enticed along and then get collared for their tenner. I'm not paying this year, the Jags Trust can piss of as far as I'm concerned now.

Not been able to get a programme last few weeks in the North stand and it only went up on the official website yesterday afternoon.

could someone from the jags trust not put a wee message on here?

Was going to go but £10 - what do you even get for that?

There website needs updating and they really need to communicate with the fans again. What do they do these days? Anyone know?

There website needs updating and they really need to communicate with the fans again. What do they do these days? Anyone know?

Just checked their site, recently updated but this year their news items have been

1 raffle result

1 race night

1POTY

Lots of stuff copied from supporters direct

Would be better just going on the supporters direct web site, no communication on anything or how they want to engage the fans (maybe they want to keep a wee clique) the AGM could only have taken 5 minutes as nothing seems to have happened in the last year bar a couple of fundraising events, which is all well and good but I didn't believe the soul purpose was to do that

Just checked their site, recently updated but this year their news items have been

1 raffle result

1 race night

1POTY

Lots of stuff copied from supporters direct

Would be better just going on the supporters direct web site, no communication on anything or how they want to engage the fans (maybe they want to keep a wee clique) the AGM could only have taken 5 minutes as nothing seems to have happened in the last year bar a couple of fundraising events, which is all well and good but I didn't believe the soul purpose was to do that

It's the event page that screams that the website needs some TLC

Update from the Meet the Manager portion of last night http://www.jagstrust.co.uk/

Update of the business from the AGM will be up in the next few days.

Thanks for the link. Interesting reading alongside the Edinburgh report-back. Wee bit of a difference in Aaron Muirhead's stats though!

Re the Jags Trust, I am a member who never makes it to meetings but manages occasional events. The majority of the membership could probably be described similarly. If there were only 20-30 people at the AGM last Thursday, there are probably enough people commenting negatively about the Trust on this site to pack the meeting and take it over.

Can I ask why those people don't organise for that in an attempt to make the Trust what you want it to be (within it's legal confines)?

Thanks for the link. Interesting reading alongside the Edinburgh report-back. Wee bit of a difference in Aaron Muirhead's stats though!

Re the Jags Trust, I am a member who never makes it to meetings but manages occasional events. The majority of the membership could probably be described similarly. If there were only 20-30 people at the AGM last Thursday, there are probably enough people commenting negatively about the Trust on this site to pack the meeting and take it over.

Can I ask why those people don't organise for that in an attempt to make the Trust what you want it to be (within it's legal confines)?

I might be wrong in saying this and if I am I'm sure someone will quickly correct me!

This topic has been discussed a number of occasions on this and previous message-boards and I remember correctly, apart from the whole disillusionment over the EP/Centenary Fund carry on and also the cartel of a certain supporters bus who still run the Trust, Mr Beattie isn't too keen on the Trust being anything other than a fundraiser for the club.

Therefore, Trust = Deid Duck!

David,

That's been done before.

Office bearers with blatant disregard for the rules were removed and legal elections held.

Everyone who wanted a proper active trust stood for election over the next couple of years.

When you look at the current set up and the fact the meeting minutes haven't been published since 2010. You have to either ask questions... Or not give a fck.

I'm in the latter.

Really disappointed I missed this. Didn't know about it.

Was at the one a year ago in Maryhill CCH. Thought Jackie spoke and presented himself really well then and I was optimistic about his potential and his ability to improve things. To my mind he's been excellent so far. Professional, confident and assured, calm and experienced, progressive and knowledgeable. He shown an understanding and appreciation of others' skills and expertise in order to delegate and take things in his determined direction. He has raised standards, expectations and spirit. He has spent some money but more importantly he has lead the way in returning a sense of pride and professionalism in the club and the individuals representing it.

A long way to go and very different to Lambie, but already showing the signs of being our best ever. I just hope we, the club, and Scotland can keep him interested, and happy enough to stay a while.

So far, so very good.

Thanks Jackie. Hing aboot mate, you won't regret it. 2021 is just round the corner. WE ARE THE JAGS!!!! :fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

• Members

Maybe the Trust just needs to be given a single task? I'd like to see the Trust solely be responsible for the Supporters Association shareholding in the Club. Manned by one elected member of each of the supporters buses, all the fans from across the support can be kept informed if anything happens. Maybe it would need a re-write of the rules but hopefully this would stop all the negativity surrounding the Trust. Lower expectations and there's nothing to complain about!

Update from the Meet the Manager portion of last night http://www.jagstrust.co.uk/

Update of the business from the AGM will be up in the next few days.

Thanks for that. :thumbsup2:

Found this a bit surprising "Stevie L has still to get fully fit ". If that was him running in third gear yesterday i can't wait to see him in overdrive.