Red And Yellow

scotty

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone ask Jackie at either of the "ask the manager" sessions when we are going to be playing in the home top again?

As the weeks go on and people keep asking, it seems as though no-one will give us an answer!

Jackie said that the home shirts should be available soon and that there is a limited amount of times you can wear your away top in cases like this. Also added that it was`nt superstition which was keeping us playing in the away strip, soley down to problems with manufacturers.

We asked Jackie, he said that they still haven't got the strips from Greaves. He mentioned that we're in the last year of our deal with them.

Pity. Greaves have done a pretty good job for us. I guess that means new shirts and possibly a new manufacturer for next season.

Diadora have done a really good job for Ross County and St Mirren this season, perhaps we could get in with them...

Pity. Greaves have done a pretty good job for us. I guess that means new shirts and possibly a new manufacturer for next season.

Diadora have done a really good job for Ross County and St Mirren this season, perhaps we could get in with them...

I expect the Greaves deal to be re-newed.

I'm not superstitious at all (apart from in this instance!) but I know plenty of footballers are.

Keep wearing the away top until we drop a league point. Imagine we sport the home gear for the first time this season, lose, then go on a downward spiral?

Plenty time to wear the red and yella. Now is NOT the time.

I'm not superstitious at all (apart from in this instance!) but I know plenty of footballers are.

Keep wearing the away top until we drop a league point. Imagine we sport the home gear for the first time this season, lose, then go on a downward spiral?

Plenty time to wear the red and yella. Now is NOT the time.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Jackie said himself that superstition is not the reason we are playing in the away kit. Win, lose or draw between now and then, I want to see us in our colours as soon as the strips are available. As for 'surely all that matters is winning'. Well duh, but are you saying the strip we wear has a direct impact on whether we win or not? Sorry, I don't believe that to be true at all.

Jackie said himself that superstition is not the reason we are playing in the away kit. Win, lose or draw between now and then, I want to see us in our colours as soon as the strips are available. As for 'surely all that matters is winning'. Well duh, but are you saying the strip we wear has a direct impact on whether we win or not? Sorry, I don't believe that to be true at all.

I don't really either. I'm a non-believer and I don't believe in superstition.

This, however, is more important than whether or not I believe in God or whether I put my left sock on before my right every day in life.

We're in the unusual (unique?) situation where we've played more than a dozen games in our away strip (includind friendlies) and haven't lost over 90 minutes.

What's more important to me? My conviction that it's all mumbo jumbo shite, or Thistle's continued success?

The latter!! Keep it!

Edited by H Wragg