Attendances

Lenziejag2

Well done Twinny - hell of a close to an exact answer! Tonight's SFL1 attendances: PTFC v Raith Rovers - 4963; Falkirk v Dumbarton - 2288; Livi v Accies - 787. For interest, in SFL2: Stenny v QoS - 504 (and well done Stenny, not many teams have beaten QoS this season!). Tonight's 4963 figure (5000 in round numbers) is the sort of average we will need to achieve when we get to the SPL. Roll on Saturday at Falkirk!

The running total update now stands as follows :

Total for season (as of Morton game) 54,365

Average attendance 3,414

Total for second half of season 24,835

Average for second half of season 3,548

Remarkable. :fan:

For all you stattos still hanging on

Total attendance for season is 59,328

Average 3489

Second half of season 29798

Average 3724

I no-one turned up for the Dunfermline game then the average for the season would still be 3296

But I suspect a few might come anyway

A crowd of 3672 will give an average for the season of 3500.

:happy2: our accountants Like this :rocker:

Tonight's 4963 figure (5000 in round numbers) is the sort of average we will need to achieve when we get to the SPL. Roll on Saturday at Falkirk!

Do you think thats do-able? If we got up to 5000 we'd be joint with Motherwell. Although, rangers support will stay where they are, it is kinda uncharted territory for a Glasgow team to be in the top division with one of the OF missing. Any opportunity to capitalise?

http://espnfc.com/stats/attendance/_/league/sco.1/scottish-premier-league

Edited by mrD

Do you think thats do-able? If we got up to 5000 we'd be joint with Motherwell. Although, rangers support will stay where they are, it is kinda uncharted territory for a Glasgow team to be in the top division with one of the OF missing. Any opportunity to capitalise?

http://espnfc.com/st...-premier-league

I'd love it if we could steal some neutrals who might have a tendency towards Rangers, or even some of the more seasoned Rangers fans like Toaster who comes on here sometimes. Whoever does the SPL on tv (is it ESPN?) will try to big us vs Celtic up as the Glasgow derby which will certainly be good for promoting our club.

I'd love it if we could steal some neutrals who might have a tendency towards Rangers, or even some of the more seasoned Rangers fans like Toaster who comes on here sometimes. Whoever does the SPL on tv (is it ESPN?) will try to big us vs Celtic up as the Glasgow derby which will certainly be good for promoting our club.

You have been getting neutrals at Firhill.

Infact at the Morton game i know of 2 Rangers and 2 Celtic fans all sitting together in harmony enjoying the Firhill experience. :innocent2: I'm sure others will all be attracted to the games also.

I have really enjoyed the games i have went along to and the atmosphere around the club and i will try and keep going to as many games as i can manage.

Obviously it's a great time for Jags fans at the moment and it's up to the fans, the club, team etc to keep this going and make it an attractive option for folk to go and watch games at Firhill in the future.

• Like 1

The directors need to ìook at slashing prices, especially in these times of high unemployment , Firhill is situated in one of the highest unemployment blackspots in the uk, it is highly overpriced to watch games, people are choosing their games, bring the prices down to maybe £10, and people might be able to afford a programme a pie and a bovril as well

The directors need to ìook at slashing prices, especially in these times of high unemployment , Firhill is situated in one of the highest unemployment blackspots in the uk, it is highly overpriced to watch games, people are choosing their games, bring the prices down to maybe £10, and people might be able to afford a programme a pie and a bovril as well

Please don't talk shite.

Aye, such a policy was a roaring success at Motherwell...

Having a concessions policy for people on benefits would make it easier for people in that situation to come to the football matches and it would also ensure that revenue was maximised by having non-concession prices for those who can afford it.

All this talk of attendances being bad are quite false comparing 2 closely populated countries over last 5 years

Denmark Pop 5.5 Million Top League 12 teams

Scotland Pop 5.2 Million Top League 12 teams

Norway Pop 5 Million Top League 16 teams

Season SPL Norway Denmark

2007 15549 10485 8015

2008 15539 9812 8424

2009 13893 8956 8791

2010 13673 8117 8231

2011 13865 7994 6915

2012 10225 7014 7048

Only dropping by 3000 ave from SPL this season with Rangers being out shows our attendances aren't too bad, also the attendances in our 1st division would scare the Danes and Norwegians where their 2nd tier would be lucky to muster a couple of hundred.

Armagedon didn't seem to happen

Edited by Norgethistle

I guess I am a bit surprised that the Thistle support yesterday has been given as just over 2000 ? The stand behind the goal looked full apart from the 3 rows at the front and there looked a fair number in the main stand.

Is that not always the way ?

Cash at the gate :happy2:

All this talk of attendances being bad are quite false comparing 2 closely populated countries over last 5 years

Denmark Pop 5.5 Million Top League 12 teams

Scotland Pop 5.2 Million Top League 12 teams

Norway Pop 5 Million Top League 16 teams

Season SPL Norway Denmark

2007 15549 10485 8015

2008 15539 9812 8424

2009 13893 8956 8791

2010 13673 8117 8231

2011 13865 7994 6915

2012 10225 7014 7048

Only dropping by 3000 ave from SPL this season with Rangers being out shows our attendances aren't too bad, also the attendances in our 1st division would scare the Danes and Norwegians where their 2nd tier would be lucky to muster a couple of hundred.

Armagedon didn't seem to happen

Thats quite remarkable given Sevco are not included.

Where did you get this info ?

I think the problem we have in Scotland is that so many teams built stadiums that they were never going to fill. For example, Rugby Park holds 18,000! Utterly ridiculous. Firhill could have ended up the same when you remember what Jim Oliver's "vision" was for the place.

I think the problem we have in Scotland is that so many teams built stadiums that they were never going to fill. For example, Rugby Park holds 18,000! Utterly ridiculous. Firhill could have ended up the same when you remember what Jim Oliver's "vision" was for the place.

To be fair, it's only ridiculous with hindsight. Crowds used to be much bigger than now, and places like Rugby Park weren't built since those days, but were refurbished from the old version. If the old Firhill had also been totally converted to seating it would be around the same.