Attendances

Lenziejag2

Off on a bit of a tangent here but the Main Stand looked packed on Friday night. I haven't heard of any arabs locked out but at the same time I don't think there were any in the JHS. Am I to assume that just the right amount of United supporters turned up? What would've been the contingency if they brought a few more? Would they have been put in the West side of the North Stand or the North end of the JHS?

Am I alone in thinking if an extra 100 or so Arabs made it thru we would've had a logistic problem? Would that not have delayed the kick off quite considerably?

Off on a bit of a tangent here but the Main Stand looked packed on Friday night. I haven't heard of any arabs locked out but at the same time I don't think there were any in the JHS. Am I to assume that just the right amount of United supporters turned up? What would've been the contingency if they brought a few more? Would they have been put in the West side of the North Stand or the North end of the JHS?

Am I alone in thinking if an extra 100 or so Arabs made it thru we would've had a logistic problem? Would that not have delayed the kick off quite considerably?

I mentioned on another thread that the Dundee United twitter or something mentioned they brought 2100+. fans. The official capacity of the main stand is a dozen or so over 2600. Not sure if that would include the directors box etc but would assume it doesn't include the enclosure because I've seen figures of 2900 for the main stand capacity, which you'd assume would include the enclosure.

It definitely looked packed on the eye but I'd hazard a guess and say there would of been at most a couple of hundred seats empty all spread about the stand. I could be wrong though, as I'm making some assumptions based on figures.

Just over 6,000 at McDiarmid park today. An estimated 4,000 Hearts fans. Poor turnout by the Saintees considering their Europa League qualifying exploits.

I can see the Jambos bringing at least the same number of away fans as DU brought through. Where will we put them all?

I think you are right about the figures in the old Main Stand and that it doesn't include the enclosure, AFAIK the enclosure hasn't been included in capacity figures for a long, long time since it's not technically usable as a standing area. It probably does include the directors box and possibly there would have been a number of seats set aside for 'other' Dundee Utd people (non-playing players and their friends/family). Along with there being maybe a couple of hundred of empty eats at most dotted around, not sure how that accounts for 2100 fans in a 2600 capacity stand though?

Attendance figures for this weekend which might be of comparative interest to Jags fans: PTFC v Dundee Utd - 7822; St Johnstone v Hearts - 6174 (of whom, nearly 4000 were HoM fans); Forfar v Rangers - 4079; and ICT v St Mirren - 3215. It looks as though roughly 5700 of those at Firhill were Jags fans. Compare that with barely more than 2000 Saintees fans at home in Perth, and perhaps 2500 Caley fans at home in Inverness. The Bunnet got plenty of pictorial coverage in the Sunday press!

With Hearts taking 4000 fans to Perth today, how is the club going to segregate the ground Main stand & part of JHS or North stand and part of JHS as they have done with Septic

Surely it'll be all ticket for Hearts fans, limited to the capacity of the Main Stand.

Their enthusiasm may be reduced depending on the result of the Edinburgh derby next weekend.

They have closed the top half of the Richard Donald stand this season. Obviously they can take it out of mothballs if they require it, but that is unlikely. I reckon they can maybe achieve a top 4 finish for the first time in a while.

Just over 6,000 at McDiarmid park today. An estimated 4,000 Hearts fans. Poor turnout by the Saintees considering their Europa League qualifying exploits.

I can see the Jambos bringing at least the same number of away fans as DU brought through. Where will we put them all?

Simple: Expect an announcement that Thistle fans will be turfed out of the north stand to accommodate the tarts.

Surely it'll be all ticket for Hearts fans, limited to the capacity of the Main Stand.

That would be total madness. I reckon they will bring a minimum of 3500 through for this game Dont think for a minute that the directors are gonna knock back 1500 x £20!! Hearts fans are targeting us as the team to catch so even with the game being on the telly they are gonna bring a healthy crowd through as they view this as a must win game!

The issue with it being all ticket is that the club would either need to send the tickets through to Hearts to sell which is something no club should be doing with Hearts in their current situation if they actually want to see any of the cash sometime soon or sell tickets directly from Firhill meaning extra pressure on the few staff and volunteers in the office.

Hopefully the club have already thought of this and have a solution. St Johnstone were getting Hearts fans to post or email an application form in for tickets and working through them when they had the time.

That would be total madness. I reckon they will bring a minimum of 3500 through for this game Dont think for a minute that the directors are gonna knock back 1500 x £20!! Hearts fans are targeting us as the team to catch so even with the game being on the telly they are gonna bring a healthy crowd through as they view this as a must win game!

This. It would be no surprise if Hearts brought a lot more than 3,500 fans through, possibly up to 5,000. Should the club consider erecting a temporary stand on the bing?

The issue with it being all ticket is that the club would either need to send the tickets through to Hearts to sell which is something no club should be doing with Hearts in their current situation if they actually want to see any of the cash sometime soon or sell tickets directly from Firhill meaning extra pressure on the few staff and volunteers in the office.

Hopefully the club have already thought of this and have a solution. St Johnstone were getting Hearts fans to post or email an application form in for tickets and working through them when they had the time.

Valid points tho' I thought your cash would be safe under administration. I'd have thought the game being live on freeview would considerably reflect attendance. Making it all ticket for away fans would reduce attendance.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

BBC's estimated 4000 Hearts fans has apparently been vastly over-exaggerated and the support was no bigger than their usual turn out. There was about 2000 in the North stand and 200-300 in the west stand.

If the rumors are true about DU making a complaint about us regarding over crowding in the main stand then the Main stand should be all ticket for this game.

If we are moved I'd be pissed off.

BBC's estimated 4000 Hearts fans has apparently been vastly over-exaggerated and the support was no bigger than their usual turn out. There was about 2000 in the North stand and 200-300 in the west stand.

If the rumors are true about DU making a complaint about us regarding over crowding in the main stand then the Main stand should be all ticket for this game.

If we are moved I'd be pissed off.

I'm sure there wasn't more in the stand that capacity, the problem will be when it's unreserved seating there's often 1/2/3 seats inbetween people which can be difficult to see when looking along a busy row. This problem would be solved with making the away end all ticket but you then lose out on walk up sales.

if we stay up the spl next season, and we are therefore on a more solid financial footing, would it be worthwhile putting seats in the enclosure section. How many extra seats could we get, and what would the cost prohibitions be like?

• Members

I'm sure there wasn't more in the stand that capacity, the problem will be when it's unreserved seating there's often 1/2/3 seats inbetween people which can be difficult to see when looking along a busy row. This problem would be solved with making the away end all ticket but you then lose out on walk up sales.

Do we sell tickets to away fans before they get to the gate like we do at the home end? If so, problem solved, number the tickets!