Attendances

Lenziejag2

With yet another international hiatus in the SPFL league programme, there were very few games which attracted attendances in four figures this weekend. Dundee v Falkirk - 4661; QotS v Morton - 1685; Airdrie v Dunfermline - 1219; and Livi v Dumbarton - 1039. Where do all the punters go on such weekends? St Mirren v Ross County also attracted 4000+, but more worryingly for PTFC, the St Mirren win pushed the Jags down another place in the league table.

Or if your glass isn't have empty you could say our chances of avoiding the play off got a boost.

• Like 1

Again just for the record - the Scottish Cup 4th round ties which reached four-figure attendances were: Dundee Utd v Killie - 6979; Falkirk v Rangers - 6228; PTFC v Aberdeen - 3642; Dundee v Raith Rovers - 3184; Albion Rovers v M'well - 2950; St Johnstone v Livi - 2294; Ross County v Hibs - 2213; QotS v St Mirren - 2176; Ayr United v Dunfermline - 1391; Alloa Ath v Stirling Alb - 1278; ICT v Morton - N/A - does anyone have a note of it? Hearts v Celtic attracted 10636. All the other ties were in three figures. Frankly, these are all rather poor figures, and the Firhill attendance was way below this season's average. Being on TV and no inclusion tariff for ST holders didn't help. I trust we are getting a big wadge of cash from the TV people!

Frankly, these are all rather poor figures, and the Firhill attendance was way below this season's average. Being on TV and no inclusion tariff for ST holders didn't help. I trust we are getting a big wadge of cash from the TV people!

Unfortunately, I think that our failure to win a single match at home this season and failure to score a single goal against Aberdeen probably also contributed to more than a few Thistle "supporters" not supporting.

It's good to note that the Jags game at Easter Road drew the biggest Saturday attendance in the SPFL Premiership. Probably confirms the notion that crowd figures were an important element in Terry Butcher's move to Edinburgh. Hibs v PTFC - 10431; Dundee Utd v Hearts - 7808; St J v Aberdeen - 4741; St M v ICT - 3305; and Ross Cty v Killie - 2937.

It's good to note that the Jags game at Easter Road drew the biggest Saturday attendance in the SPFL Premiership. Probably confirms the notion that crowd figures were an important element in Terry Butcher's move to Edinburgh. Hibs v PTFC - 10431; Dundee Utd v Hearts - 7808; St J v Aberdeen - 4741; St M v ICT - 3305; and Ross Cty v Killie - 2937.

I think anything over 3,500 for us against St Johnstone on Saturday will be okay, given the circumstances (recent form, time of year, etc.).

Does anybody happen to know the attendance for yesterday's abandoned match at Firhill? I realise it doesn't "count", but it would be useful to know. The weather was atrocious and I expect a lot of Christmas shopping was being done, so the attendances elsewhere are purely for interest: Celtic v Hibs - 46065; Hearts v ICT- 11950; Aberdeen v St M - 9332; Killie v Dundee Utd - 3452; and Ross Cty v M'well - 2792. All the other teams in the bottom six lost, so PTFC have the chance to gain some ground when the abandoned fixture is re-played.

Including Ross Cty apparently. On radio they said well less than 2k were there.

I think its requirement of the Home team as part of their tax return system to include season tickets allocation per home game played . You don't suspect padding the figures would hold any advantage , surely not.

Have to give huge credit to Hearts fans for their brilliant support this season, their attendances have been excellent and hopefully the funds are being wisely used to sort things out behind the scenes. After all the uncertainty and previous poor management I personally think the way they are turning out week after week is a real credit to them and to the club they support.

Not a club that I'm all that fond of although it reminds me a little of the efforts we went through more than a decade ago and great to see fans supporting their side.

I think its requirement of the Home team as part of their tax return system to include season tickets allocation per home game played . You don't suspect padding the figures would hold any advantage , surely not.

The actual attendance and the tickets sold are two different things, clubs want to save face (Especially Celtic) and not state their ground is less than half full (As parkhead appeared)

I think the Police get the actual attendance at grounds but the clubs like Celtic include all the season books so not accurate and never 46k Celtic park.

This time of the year, the bad weather and poor value for money all round makes crowds stay away more and more these days.

I'd guess the major benefit to a club in inflating actual attendance by including all ST holders would be in regard to contracts with sponsors. Rather like a newspaper where if circulation drops beyond a certain point so does their charge for advertising. Nothing to back that up bar the naked eye but I suspect both Livingston and Ross Co are particularly partial to massaging figures.

For the record, the SPFL attendances on Saturday 21st December 2013 were as follows: Celtic v Hearts - think of a number; Dundee Utd v Ross Cty - 8029; Hibs v St J - 8776; ICT v Aberdeen - 4810; Killie v PTFC - 3865; and M'well v St M - 3867. Dundee Utd attendances are picking up as the team makes progress in the Premiership. ICT attendance was boosted by a big Aberdeen travelling support. The same was true at Killie, where the Jags brought a big noisy support, and gave Killie their 4th best home attendance of the season, bettered only by matches against Hibs, Hearts and Celtic.

After the Firhill attendance dropped to 2887 for the Boxing Day match against ICT, it was good to see the upturn in Firhill numbers on Sunday 29th - 4588 - due, in large measure, it must be said, to an excellent M'well travelling support. The other SPFL Prem attendances on Sunday were also reassuring: ICT v Celtic - 6384; St J v Dundee Utd - 7231; Aberdeen v Ross Cty - 11602; Hibs v Killie - 9683; and St M v Hearts - 4568.

Did anyone happen to see 52670 spectators at today's game at Parkhead? I was there and saw about half that number!

Changed days from the old biscuit time era, now they are trying to fool everyone that they have more people in.

Little wonder they put up with the scum that is the Green Brigade. Desperate!!