Nightmare Debuts

its4nothing!

Smith confessed before the game he was unfit, but having been thrown into the game he was at fault for the goal and defeat. Either this will make any confidence he had disappear, and while Fox is out and Skully is apparently over looked, we are going to struggle. Or, he is going to do a job for us while here in keeping the push for promotion going. It made me think about nightmare debuts in red and yellow. Who shrugged it off and became Firhill legends, and who did it go from bad to worse?

The Gus Caesar one is a belter, 1st half at Somerset I believe, then never to be seen again.

Also remember reading all week in the papers about Hrein "The Bullet" Hringson, this icelandic striker we'd signed , given his nickname apparently due to his phenomenal speed! Think he made his debut at Boghead or somethin, and was dreadful! Anyone else remember him? I would guess it was around 97 or summit. I would say the Callaghans, but it was their entire Thistle career, not only their debut, that was a shambles!

THere must be more come on!

Here's another one, which is really harsh given that he scored one and made one on his debut in a 2-0 home win, but he was so sh1t we still didn't sign him...Jonny Blom!

Edited by chunky jag

Leigh Palin, can't remember who it was against. Lambie said Palin reminded him of Jim Baxter, unfortunately it turned out to be the drink sodden 50 year old Jim Baxter and no the mid 60s version.

I'm sure I've done this one before, but...

Not only did Leigh Palin score no goals during his entire Thistle career; Thistle scored no goals during his entire Thistle career!

The Gus Caesar one is a belter, 1st half at Somerset I believe, then never to be seen again.

Also remember reading all week in the papers about Hrein "The Bullet" Hringson, this icelandic striker we'd signed , given his nickname apparently due to his phenomenal speed! Think he made his debut at Boghead or somethin, and was dreadful! Anyone else remember him? I would guess it was around 97 or summit. I would say the Callaghans, but it was their entire Thistle career, not only their debut, that was a shambles!

THere must be more come on!

Here's another one, which is really harsh given that he scored one and made one on his debut in a 2-0 home win, but he was so sh1t we still didn't sign him...Jonny Blom!

Yeah I remember Hring Hring. Think we were playing Clydebank who played at Boghead at the time and we lost the game 4-1.

I'm sure I've done this one before, but...

Not only did Leigh Palin score no goals during his entire Thistle career; Thistle scored no goals during his entire Thistle career!

Maybe my memory is fading but i remember him being an excellent passer of the ball...remember him also being rather rotund tho!

I'm sure he scored on his debut

My recollection is that Trigger McLean and SuperSwede Peter Lindau made their debuts in the same game and that it was Lindau who scored.

Trigger's appearances in his first season were limited by injury and I think he scored only two goals, though both in memorable games. One was in the ten-man 2-0 win at Stirling Albion after Kevin Budd was sent off and the other was the cup winner at Firhill against Livingston (then in a higher league).

Trigger's appearances in his first season were limited by injury and I think he scored only two goals, though both in memorable games. One was in the ten-man 2-0 win at Stirling Albion after Kevin Budd was sent off and the other was the cup winner at Firhill against Livingston (then in a higher league).

I remember both those games - the Stirling Albion game at Forthbank, here's a wee pub quiz moment - who went in goal after we went down to 10?