Ross Forbes Signs On

G SUS

I didn't even see the point in extending his deal until closer until it expired. Dunfermline weren't going to snatch him from us, Morton have enough midfielders and he was playing for appearance money and now he'll be on a wage before he needed to be.

Talk of 2 or 3 year deals for a guy who has had a couple of good games is a bit much.

• Like 1

I didn't even see the point in extending his deal until closer until it expired. Dunfermline weren't going to snatch him from us, Morton have enough midfielders and he was playing for appearance money and now he'll be on a wage before he needed to be.

he's definitely done enough to earn a wage for the rest of the season, surely you don't grudge him that?

he's definitely done enough to earn a wage for the rest of the season, surely you don't grudge him that?

I don't see the point in spending money tying him up now when it could've been done at the end of December and saved a month's wage. Making the assumption that his contract starts now rather than when the current one ends.

Talk of 2 or 3 year deals for a guy who has had a couple of good games is a bit much.

the quality of his overall play apart, the goal against dunfermline alone was worthy of an improved deal

I don't see the point in spending money tying him up now when it could've been done at the end of December and saved a month's wage. Making the assumption that his contract starts now rather than when the current one ends.

If we wait he would start to think about looking elsewhere. Dunfermline and Morton aren't our only competitors in the 'market'. One month's wages could be nothing if it means we're more likely to win the league.

Actually it says "has agreed an extension to his current deal with the Club". If his then current deal was pay as you play surely that means he's still on pay as you play?

But it probably means he has got a proper contract, they've just been careless in how they've stated the case.

Anyway I guess he himself has ambitions - like we've all said re the general point of extending contracts. Players will sign up no problem if we look like getting promotion. Of course if it goes to the wire they may wait till they see if we do.

I'm not his biggest fan as a player, but he'll more than do for the depth of the squad.

Why not?

Used to be a brilliant player, had a set back after not making it properly. Clearly out to get his career back on track. Improving every game and already winning man of the match awards. Come the end of the season Forbes will be our main man.

Set pieces, very good. General play, don't think hes been up to much. His best game was easily against Dunfermline withstanding the goal, the other games I've seen I don't think hes contributed much in the open.

Edited by MWM

I'm not his biggest fan as a player, but he'll more than do for the depth of the squad.

I genuinely was begin to think I was only one & although not unhappy to see him sign couldn't believe the clamour to do so after a good 30 minutes v Dunfermline..

In games previous to that he's looked slow & off the pace,Morton game especially.

Too often for me he makes the pass but doesn't move to take next one.

Although Dunfermline ended up a great result, the midfield, including Forbes, looked non existent at times in 1st half and yet with a storming 30 minutes got MotM.

At Hamilton there was no pace in midfield either & no urgency until after HT & again 2nd half he played better.

A frustrating player for me in terms of work-rate but has a very god left foot but like you said, will add to depth of squad.

Who is to say though the likes of Dundee or St Mirren were not sniffing round or one of the other lower half SPL Teams.

Right pie of the month would you want to hang around for appearance money these guys have to live just like everyone of us he deserves is wage just think of the appearance money as a sort of trial period!

+1

Who is to say though the likes of Dundee or St Mirren were not sniffing round or one of the other lower half SPL Teams.

As Forbes was on appearance money only, a couple of SFL teams could have been after him.

Edited by kni

Right pie of the month would you want to hang around for appearance money these guys have to live just like everyone of us he deserves is wage just think of the appearance money as a sort of trial period!

I would if there was nothing else on offer. Forbes is hardly the superstar some are making out, he's been a reasonable option when Welsh has been out.

Whoever was saying lower SPL clubs might be sniffing around should behave. He was training with Dumbarton before we picked him up, a couple of good performances with the rest of his performances being no more than average is hardly going to have everyone banging his door down for his signature.

MWM is spot on in his assessment IMO.

I would if there was nothing else on offer. Forbes is hardly the superstar some are making out, he's been a reasonable option when Welsh has been out.

Whoever was saying lower SPL clubs might be sniffing around should behave. He was training with Dumbarton before we picked him up, a couple of good performances with the rest of his performances being no more than average is hardly going to have everyone banging his door down for his signature.

MWM is spot on in his assessment IMO.

He was training with us and Dunfermline. He didnt train with Dumbarton he played one game with them as a trialist, just to happened to be against us