Sporting Solutions - Enough Is Enough

ian_mac

I brought a bag of chips and a carton of Ribena to a mid week game once, steward who searched my bag didn't seem to mind.

I agree with Chico - not buying it is the simplest way to get a message across. I haven't bought anything for weeks because it was so hit and miss. One week the pie is overcooked, the next it is undercooked. The juice in the North stand is warm and flat, the option of water seems to have also disappeared.

OneThistle were listening but what ever happened to the "just out" threads each week? Did they get fed up with peoples complaints?.

We didnt get fed up with peoples compliants - every issue raised by fans on any level at the game forums ,twitter etc are noted at raised with the Club ,some we get sorted quickly Rubbish Bins South Drive ,Disabled Spaces others like Catering have imbedded Contracts so not so easy to address quickly.

We also have onethistle observers throughout the Stadium ( two in the North Stand) they note everything from Toilets to Catering ,

Any Fan can raise any issue at anytime ,there was a danger of the "just out" threads becoming arguements and onethistle having to answer for issues they were raising but ultimately were not under there direct control ,we are here to make Firhill a better place for our Supporters.

Its improving- but not quickly enough

Any Fan can raise any issue at anytime ,there was a danger of the "just out" threads becoming arguements and onethistle having to answer for issues they were raising but ultimately were not under there direct control ,we are here to make Firhill a better place for our Supporters.

The just out thread did start arguments but I think that was down to taking feedback and opinions far too personal. The just out thread would work if it was just done every week with a "OneThistle" user ID but never replied too as we all know that you read these forums Jim as do other members of onethistle and will add it to the match report. Silly things like what Jaggy MacB does before the game have came up in separate threads recently and it is hard to see if that has been noted. He was almost at the kids section before kick off yesterday!

Just on a side note - it was fed back at the start of the season - Sauces and salt/pepper sitting on a wall is far from ideal in the Northstand - a wee shelf would be great! That might have changed in the last few weeks as have not bought anything for a while! I think for now I shall carry on bringing my own food for the game as the catering for me is far too much of a gamble and over priced for what your getting.

Why not re-introduce the "just out" thread but have it only for quantifiable complaints, facts and specifics?

Rule out anything to do with subjective complaints or indeed for that matter subjective compliments. Instead of "I queued for ages" say roughly how long you queued for. Instead of "the kiosk was badly stocked" say exactly what they'd run out of.

If the thread consists of only a series of individual facts I can't see how it should descend into a lot of bickering.

The just out thread did start arguments but I think that was down to taking feedback and opinions far too personal. The just out thread would work if it was just done every week with a "OneThistle" user ID but never replied too as we all know that you read these forums Jim as do other members of onethistle and will add it to the match report. Silly things like what Jaggy MacB does before the game have came up in separate threads recently and it is hard to see if that has been noted. He was almost at the kids section before kick off yesterday!

Just on a side note - it was fed back at the start of the season - Sauces and salt/pepper sitting on a wall is far from ideal in the Northstand - a wee shelf would be great! That might have changed in the last few weeks as have not bought anything for a while! I think for now I shall carry on bringing my own food for the game as the catering for me is far too much of a gamble and over priced for what your getting.

RE Sauces, salt/pepper LMJ this has all been put on a table on the concourse near to the kiosk recently. Little steps I know but we do seem to be getting there.

I spoke to the guy with the flag just after the incident and he was rightly well hacked off and is contacting the club tomorrow to discuss it so watch this space. Seemingly the steward was passing on the words of the match commander.

And earlier on, a young lad gets ejected and a court date for shouting at the keeper? Well, over 100 fans should have been ejected then, cos he wasn't the only one calling him a w*nker.

So are the cops just picking on soft targets then? A young guy for engaging in some banter, and a flag that has four initials on it that could mean 5 different things to 5 different people? is there not some proper crime for them to bother about?

I feared this would happen with the legislation that was passed earlier in the year - cops now using it as an excuse to use an iron fist?

And incidentally, how many Rangers fans were arrested today or warned not to bring back their orange scarves or t-shirts wiht King Billy on them or anything mentioning 1690? Aye, thought so.

• Like 3

I spoke to the guy with the flag just after the incident and he was rightly well hacked off and is contacting the club tomorrow to discuss it so watch this space. Seemingly the steward was passing on the words of the match commander.

And earlier on, a young lad gets ejected and a court date for shouting at the keeper? Well, over 100 fans should have been ejected then, cos he wasn't the only one calling him a w*nker.

So are the cops just picking on soft targets then? A young guy for engaging in some banter, and a flag that has four initials on it that could mean 5 different things to 5 different people? is there not some proper crime for them to bother about?

I feared this would happen with the legislation that was passed earlier in the year - cops now using it as an excuse to use an iron fist?

And incidentally, how many Rangers fans were arrested today or warned not to bring back their orange scarves or t-shirts wiht King Billy on them or anything mentioning 1690? Aye, thought so.

Ah, so now it's "seemingly the steward was passing on the words of the match commander" whereas the original poster wrote that "a supporter in the north stand was told by a steward that he would be arrested if he ever brought his flag to the game again.'

Until such times as we see hard evidence of a supporter being arrested for bringing his or her flag to a match, I think we should treat this with a serious pinch of salt.

Edited by Jaggernaut

The food kiosk in the north stand running out of hot water twice in a row is an absolute joke, I don’t bother with the food cause it’s awful but when it’s baltic a Bovril is needed if only to warm your hands. Having said that I wouldn’t be standing in the queue for one either, it’s absolutely massive.

Ah, so now it's "seemingly the steward was passing on the words of the match commander" whereas the original poster wrote that "a supporter in the north stand was told by a steward that he would be arrested if he ever brought his flag to the game again.'

Until such times as we see hard evidence of a supporter being arrested for bringing his or her flag to a match, I think we should treat this with a serious pinch of salt.

What are you on about?

What's the difference between what I've said and what big col has said? He may have just been passing on the words of the match commander, but that doesn't make a difference - he still threatened the guy with arrest.

That is what was said, no pinch of salt necessary. Very disappointed that you have suggested that myself and others are possibly making this story out of thin air or to stir up trouble.

What are you on about?

What's the difference between what I've said and what big col has said? He may have just been passing on the words of the match commander, but that doesn't make a difference - he still threatened the guy with arrest.

That is what was said, no pinch of salt necessary. Very disappointed that you have suggested that myself and others are possibly making this story out of thin air or to stir up trouble.

But if he was committing an offence, why wasn't he arrested there and then? Was he told to remove the offensive item from view immediately? Sorry that you're disappointed, but without knowing exactly what was said and finding the prospect of getting arrested for FTOF when everybody can go around wearing FCUK ludicrous, I'll be taking salt until I see further evidence.

But if he was committing an offence, why wasn't he arrested there and then?

I don't know, if he had refused to take the flag down he may well have been.

Was he told to remove the offensive item from view immediately?

Yes

Sorry that you're disappointed, but without knowing exactly what was said and finding the prospect of getting arrested for FTOF when everybody can go around wearing FCUK ludicrous, I'll be taking salt until I see further evidence.

Right you are then, so you don't believe me. Even though I was there and heard everything that was said. You seem to be making out that the inconsistencies in the story somehow render the story not believable. On the contrary, they only go to show how ridiculous the stance of the stewards/police/match commander are.

I don't know, if he had refused to take the flag down he may well have been.

Yes

Right you are then, so you don't believe me. Even though I was there and heard everything that was said. You seem to be making out that the inconsistencies in the story somehow render the story not believable. On the contrary, they only go to show how ridiculous the stance of the stewards/police/match commander are.

I didn't write that the story was not believable.

But you relaying what you remember of a steward relaying to a supporter what the steward claims a match commander relayed to somebody else is enough of a soup to make me think that some salt would not go amiss at some point in the recipe.

Agreed in general about the ridiculous stance of "the authorities".

I was in the JH stand on Saturday, but noticed that they implemented a new method after the hot water debacle of Livingston.

They set up the "Heineken" bar, where the rugby used to buy their beer, as a "pie and hot drinks" only zone.

Seems a good idea and probably reduced queues at the main counters.

I was in the JH stand on Saturday, but noticed that they implemented a new method after the hot water debacle of Livingston.

They set up the "Heineken" bar, where the rugby used to buy their beer, as a "pie and hot drinks" only zone.

Seems a good idea and probably reduced queues at the main counters.

Sounds a good idea. In the Northy an extra pair of hands would be better as the two lads can get over run at times. My mate has given up getting anything the last two home games due to the queue :(

Was in hospitality on Saturday and was a decent experience with the staff helpful. Maxy was a good compere and David Beattie went around the tables and took time to chat. Paul Paton did a Q&A with Maxy and came across very well. Will be good to have him available again. He jinxed us a bit by saying Muirhead was our best player and that he would have to wait for his chance to get back in the side :P

Without a doubt the issue with Sprting Solutions needs to be addressed.

The blatant disregard for the fans through catering via the quality/variety/availability of product is very bad. The fact that OneThistle feed this back after every match, but all issues are ignored displays nothing more than contempt for the fans as a whole.

The stewarding, where do you start? again managed by Sporting Solutions, again disregard shown to the paying fans. Where does this issue stem from, is it Ken Davies himself in his role as match day safety officer?

The Aitken Suite, AGAIN sporting solutions, again piss poor service

@SportingSol

http://www.chrismcinnes.com/demo/sportsol/about-us/

• Like 1

Without a doubt the issue with Sprting Solutions needs to be addressed.

The blatant disregard for the fans through catering via the quality/variety/availability of product is very bad. The fact that OneThistle feed this back after every match, but all issues are ignored displays nothing more than contempt for the fans as a whole.

The stewarding, where do you start? again managed by Sporting Solutions, again disregard shown to the paying fans. Where does this issue stem from, is it Ken Davies himself in his role as match day safety officer?

The Aitken Suite, AGAIN sporting solutions, again piss poor service

@SportingSol

http://www.chrismcin...rtsol/about-us/

Beneath the spiel, that page seems to hint at the fact that they use labour from work-to-welfare programme. Talk of "vocational programmes" etc. Anyone know if this is true? If so, it seems another reason (aside from the terrible quality of their service) to bin Sporting Solutions- these programmes are pretty morally repugnant, providing free labour for companies who can't be bothered paying for it.

David, am I right in thinking stewards aren't allowed to interact with fans on forums like this?

I really don't think so... unless it has been fed down by Ken Davies to them.

On another football forum a steward was getting it tight for how they handled an away fan at their ground. the steward actually came on and posted to defend himself and explain the situation. So maybe it is just at Firhill that they don't interact in this manner.

Lets not forget, there are official forms of communication. Specific ways to contact Sporting Solutions. They dont have to interact on an unofficial forum.

• Like 1

Beneath the spiel, that page seems to hint at the fact that they use labour from work-to-welfare programme. Talk of "vocational programmes" etc. Anyone know if this is true? If so, it seems another reason (aside from the terrible quality of their service) to bin Sporting Solutions- these programmes are pretty morally repugnant, providing free labour for companies who can't be bothered paying for it.

How much of that is 'can't be bothered', 'can't afford', or 'depends upon volunteers', I wonder. Our Saturdays depend upon a lot of volunteer time.

The catering facilities have got worse from an organisation and management of queues and product flow perspective, and the quality of the scran has declined considerably - burnt pastry or luke warm (you get both if you're really, really lucky), with a virtually steak-free steak pie. Staff disinterested, one step removed from plant-life. How can clubs like Alloa provide food that is so much better, and does what it says on the tin? Can't catering be put out to tender and samples made available to fans to vote on?

Stewarding in JHS seems to be good and helpful.

I think thats a good point, 1971 and well spotted.

The only thing i'd say to that is that the issue it's self isn't around the staff in the pie stalls, generally they are quite apologetic and know fine well that the product is shit and that it takes too long to be served that product. The issue around the stalls is how they are managed from on top and the lack of management and direction and stock level at peak times.

Likewise the stewards are pretty much the same faces as we've always had but it's how they are being told to act that is the issue.

So for me the issue stems from management, and as such the responsibility for the complete failure of Sporting Solutions and their areas of responsibility lays firmly at the door of Ken Davies.