January Transfer Window

jagfox

I am not disputing that at all - but we have cover for RB. If we are going to spend money(on wages) then it should be for positions where we don't have enough cover which is probably CB. I think this is the area that we are light. I can't think who would play if 2 of either Muirhead,Archie or Balatoni were out.

I am a bit perplexed. Why do we need a new right back. Where is SOD going. And do we not have enough cover there in Paton/muirhead

Agree the cover is there but moving either Muirhead or Paton away from the position they dominate is a sore one. Pity Campbell is injured as he done alright at right back when called on.

did Murray ever play a RB at St Mirren? I always used to think that was where he played, but maybe I was mistaken

Don't think so Jaggy, but I was having similar thoughts. Think he would lack the pace and wouldn't suit the attacking element required, imo.

If we get SoD back or a suitable replacement I would like to get Murray back if Archie is rested. Gives good protection to the back four and our youngish squad needs an auld head I feel.

Worrying news re Muirhead,Erskine & Lawless.

What news? Injury or transfer speculation.

Looks like Kris won't be going to Hearts this window. One out, an u21 on a lesser wage in. Is this why Doolanhino was back in against Airdrie United?

According to that article, this:

"Meanwhile, McNamara is sweating on the fitness of Aaron Muirhead, Chris Erskine and Steven Lawless for the visit of Accies on Wednesday.

Muirhead is nursing a knock to his knee while Erskine has a hip injury and Lawless is struggling with a back problem.

But McNamara will give all three until the last minute to prove their fitness for the first game of 2013."

According to that article, this:

"Meanwhile, McNamara is sweating on the fitness of Aaron Muirhead, Chris Erskine and Steven Lawless for the visit of Accies on Wednesday.

Muirhead is nursing a knock to his knee while Erskine has a hip injury and Lawless is struggling with a back problem.

But McNamara will give all three until the last minute to prove their fitness for the first game of 2013."

Hopefully that means SO'D is back!!

Thistle looking at Darryl Duffy on laon from Cheltenham?? Interesting if true!!

Where did you here that?. If true and we get Craig as well it can only mean Dools is moving on. The DD of old would be a cracking signing but just cant see it happening