January Transfer Window

jagfox

happy new year, but don't talk pish, if it was never in doubt it would have been completed sooner, County tried to play funny buggers with him, end off.

It was completed at 10am on New Years Day. I don't know how much sooner it could have been completed given this is the first day the players registration could be transferred between clubs...

No idea where this baird thing has come from or if theres anything in it but if we were offered a straight swap baird for doolan would you take it?

If Kris was really wanting to leave and there was no way more money or talking was going to change his mind and Dundee offered Baird plus cash then yes, but mostly because Kris cant be persuaded to stay - I only hope he can be. Would take Baird to Daryl Duffy as the former has scored regularly in the first divison, as Daryl would be more of a gamble.

Could see someone like Dundee unfortunately making a few signings on great players like Kris Doolan. Lyle Taylor, Archie Campbell as they have the money and need to launch a major offensive to try and avoid relegation.

No idea where this baird thing has come from or if theres anything in it

There isn't. It's more nonsense peddled about. Baird is playing every week for Dundee, on a more lucrative contract. Won't be coming to us at all.

but if we were offered a straight swap baird for doolan would you take it?

No. I wouldn't swap Doolan for any striker in the bottom 6 of the SPL.

Nonsense.

Gsus

St Mirren: Thompson, the complete striker and playing some of the best football of his career.

Hearts: Sutton, tough one, maybe doolan shades it.

Dundee united: daly or Russell? You wouldn't swap doolan for either?

St Johnstone: is Craig Beattie still there, if so, you wouldn't swap him with doolan?

Nonsense.

Gsus

St Mirren: Thompson, the complete striker and playing some of the best football of his career.

Hearts: Sutton, tough one, maybe doolan shades it.

Dundee united: daly or Russell? You wouldn't swap doolan for either?

St Johnstone: is Craig Beattie still there, if so, you wouldn't swap him with doolan?

I stand by it. I wouldn't swap Doolan for any striker in the bottom 6.

Thompson: On a 6 month purple patch. It'll soon run dry

Sutton: 7 goals in 31 appearances for Hearts since 2011. No thanks.

Daly: Wouldn't fit into our style of play. Would rather have Doolan to finish off chances.

Russell: A good striker but no thanks

Beattie: An injury prone 30+ striker. No thanks.

I didn't say there wasn't good strikers in the bottom 6 of the SPL, just i wouldn't swap them for Doolan who fits perfectly in our system.

There isn't. It's more nonsense peddled about. Baird is playing every week for Dundee, on a more lucrative contract. Won't be coming to us at all.

?Why not Steve Thompson's a better striker although i like Dools.

Daly: Wouldn't fit into our style of play. Would rather have Doolan to finish off chances.

I didn't say there wasn't good strikers in the bottom 6 of the SPL, just i wouldn't swap them for Doolan who fits perfectly in our system.

As much as I like Doolan, Russell is definitely better than him and Daly was the top scorer in the SPL last year.

Also, Thompson is essentially a much better version of Steven Craig, who Doolan can't get ahead of at the moment..

:confused1:

?Why not Steve Thompson's a better striker although i like Dools.

He's a veteran. I wouldn't swap Doolan, a striker who can get better, for Thompson who is on the verge of retirement and having one last purple patch.

As much as I like Doolan, Russell is definitely better than him and Daly was the top scorer in the SPL last year.

Also, Thompson is essentially a much better version of Steven Craig, who Doolan can't get ahead of at the moment..

I was trying to be realistic. I wouldn't swap Doolan for them.

Craig is scoring goals(although he has the exact same number as Doolan), that's why Doolan can't get in the team. We only play one up front so can't play both of our, scoring, strikers.

Which is why he's spent most of the season on the subs bench

Doolan started the season, got injured, and couldn't get his spot back due to Craig regularly scoring. Doolan didn't take his chance when he had 4 games in November, Craig came back and started scoring again. Craig has scored the same amount of goals as Doolan this season.

Doolan's just off-form, doesn't make him a bad striker does it. I definitely don't want to lose our top scorer of 2012, and i wouldn't swap him for the strikers on the wrong side of 30 in the SPL.

Edited by G SUS

How can you get an opinion wrong? It's just that - an opinion.

Everyone else may disagree with it, doesn't make me "wrong".

Here he goes again. When everyone in the thread tells him he's talking sh*te he wheels out the bullet proof line

"BUT...BUT...IT'S MY OPINION SO YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH IT!!!!!"

Really do enjoy his posts being systematically dismantled with relative ease every time he goes for the wind up.

You'd think that he would be getting better at given all the time he spends on P&B

Here he goes again. When everyone in the thread tells him he's talking sh*te he wheels out the bullet proof line

"BUT...BUT...IT'S MY OPINION SO YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH IT!!!!!"

Really do enjoy his posts being systematically dismantled with relative ease every time he goes for the wind up.

You'd think that he would be getting better at given all the time he spends on P&B

I'm not at the wind-up.

The only thing i got wrong was not realising that Dundee United were in the bottom 6, which they shouldnt be, based on their last few seasons.

It doesn't change my opinion on how highly i rate Doolan though.

Edited by G SUS

A lot of rumours around that Harkins has fell out with Kenny Shiels and will be leaving Kilmarnock. Them signing Ibrahim from Celtic hasn't helped the rumours.

It won't be anything to do with Thistle but it'll be interesting to see where he ends up if it's true.

Hopefully Hibs and maybe stop Fenlon always looking to nab our best players