Partick Thistle V Hamilton Academical

jagfox

My concern is we could go 5 points behind today . Our next two fixtures are at livi and dumbarton who both have games postponed regularly. Really dont want us to fall 7 or 8 points behind with say 3 games in hand. Nightmare scenario

The Livingston game won't be postponed. They know we'll bring a big crowd so will put the USH heating, if needed, since it's financially viable.

Personally disappointed but it may be just as well. I think playing on a good grass surfaces this season has been important to our cause. Not sure why we don't have covers or if using covers effect the grass but it's as well we don't churn up the surface.

Also some key players appear a bit jaded at the moment plus we've a few casualties. Whether an additional midweek game negates any benefit of a rest today we'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

My concern is we could go 5 points behind today . Our next two fixtures are at livi and dumbarton who both have games postponed regularly. Really dont want us to fall 7 or 8 points behind with say 3 games in hand. Nightmare scenario

Totally agree and despite Dumbartons result on Saturday I really cant see anything other than an easy win for Morton today. Always better to have the points in the bag!

Totally agree and despite Dumbartons result on Saturday I really cant see anything other than an easy win for Morton today. Always better to have the points in the bag!

That's right. I seem to remember us getting points in the bag over the winter during one of our previous promotion-winning campaigns, leaving other teams with catching up to do with their games in hand. They failed.

Dont know what the protocol is for rearranging games but why not try to get this played next midweek? This might help to avoid a fixrure pile up

Fixtures postponed after Christmas have no obligation to be played before the second midweek in February. It may be played earlier, should both clubs agree.

Personally disappointed but it may be just as well. I think playing on a good grass surfaces this season has been important to our cause. Not sure why we don't have covers or if using covers effect the grass but it's as well we don't churn up the surface.

Also some key players appear a bit jaded at the moment plus we've a few casualties. Whether an additional midweek game negates any benefit of a rest today we'll just have to wait and see.

Diaspointed how the Firhill pitch has not survived the rain, as it's a decent enough surface, and that's without the rugby on it, it's very strange indeed in the past it had to be really bad weather for Firhill to be called off, maybe Jackie had a word with the groundsman and said don't cover the stand side of the pitch with cover's as i have few player's out today LOL joke joke fellow Thistle fan's before i get abuse.

My concern is that we have 9 remaining home games and 3 of them will be midweek fixtures which don't attract the same level of attendance as Saturday fixtures. The game against Morton was scheduled for midweek (don't understand though why the SFL scheduled the only round of midweek fixtures for the midweek after the Ramsden's Cup Final) and we now have to rearrange the game against Raith which should have been on the Saturday before the Cup Final and this match against Hamilton. Hopefully the club can market the remaining home games well and we continue to at least break even.

My concern is that we have 9 remaining home games and 3 of them will be midweek fixtures which don't attract the same level of attendance as Saturday fixtures. The game against Morton was scheduled for midweek (don't understand though why the SFL scheduled the only round of midweek fixtures for the midweek after the Ramsden's Cup Final) and we now have to rearrange the game against Raith which should have been on the Saturday before the Cup Final and this match against Hamilton. Hopefully the club can market the remaining home games well and we continue to at least break even.

You also have the risk that Dunfermline progress to the next round in the Scottish cup which will be yet another mid week game.

If Dunfermline do progress in the cup though, we have March 2nd as a "free" Saturday, it would be good if one of these mid week games could be re-arranged for that Saturday.

You also have the risk that Dunfermline progress to the next round in the Scottish cup which will be yet another mid week game.

If Dunfermline do progress in the cup though, we have March 2nd as a "free" Saturday, it would be good if one of these mid week games could be re-arranged for that Saturday.

If Falkirk beat Forfar in the cup(likely) and Raith get beat off Celtic(likely) we should bring forward the Thistle v Raith game to the 2nd March.

The Livingston game won't be postponed. They know we'll bring a big crowd so will put the USH heating, if needed, since it's financially viable.

Someone said elsewhere that there isn't much rain due before tomorrow, however USH prevents games being called off due to freezing temperatures and does not combat waterlogged pitches resulting from heavy rainfall.

Someone said elsewhere that there isn't much rain due before tomorrow, however USH prevents games being called off due to freezing temperatures and does not combat waterlogged pitches resulting from heavy rainfall.

Well yes. Livingston have pitch covers though, so they are able to protect the pitch adequately. I was more referring to the USH in case it went to a sudden cold snap. It's widely known that Livingston put it on for bigger away supports, and not for smaller ones.