Who Do We Want As Next Jags Manager?

yoda-jag

Quoted today in an artice on the STV website as wanting the job permanently.

http://sport.stv.tv/...-job-long-term/

I am not surprised but Archie has to prove himself to be better than the competition. He may be the choice of the players but how many of them will be around next season? Several are out of contract in May, e.g. Craig who is quoted in the article.

Who's phil brown sky are mentioning ? Checked out Wikipedia but he sounds like he'd be expensive to me is it the same one? Are there two phil brown's ?!!

It's the same one. Former Hull boss. Can't quite believe he has applied giving his record with Hull. First person to get them into the premiership I believe. But since that achievement he hasn't done anything. Awkward customer who I don't fully trust. Obviously struggling to find work in England so there must be a reason to that.

Lib i think he means Archie will need to pick up some wins if he wants to keep the job on a permanent basis.

Which given our next 2 games are away, I think he may struggle with. Jackie would be lucky to take 2 points from these games the way things were going away from home.

That's kinda what I was getting at. We don't have anyway to compare how the team does under Archie/Shaggy with how it would've done under most of the names being mentioned. Obviously if there's a collapse of discipline/teamwork with a complete results reversal then we can assume a Jimmy Calderwood or a Gus McP would've done better and perhaps a punt on one of the younger managers may have been a better option. I just don't think that's too likely.

Over our last six matches under McNamara we only picked up 8 pts. I'll be disappointed if we don't exceed that in our next six but there's at least some way to measure the worth of Archie/Shaggy.

Back to the comment I don't understand. With the obvious exception of Evans, whose team operate in the same environment, I can't see how Archie can prove to be better than the others.

Someone proclaimed he'd make Thistle the third force around 10 years ago. :innocent2:

More than happy to let the two guys we have go and give it their best shot,can our away record be any worse come the Morton Game?For continuity and keeping a happy squad let it run to the seaons end then take stock do NOT change things now imo

http://www.thescotti...hird-force.html

Brown certainly seems keen. I wonder if that will be the case if he is interviewed and discovers our player budget and thr salary on offer?

I noticed a similar headline in the Scotsman but with no direct quotes. To be fair to Brown he probably is unaware that the "third force" patter is cliched up here. If anyone applying for the job was to say he'll take the Club regularly higher than the ugly sisters he'd be laughed out of town.Conversely I suppose if he said I can take the Jags into the SPL but they won't be able to compete with Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen under my management then he'd be accused of being unambitious.

Anyone else think that no one in UK football can be so out of touch with reality? Surely just looking at our crowds, even if he was prepared to work for hee-haw, would give the guy some inkling of what player budget he could anticipate.

Perhaps he confusing us with Livingston? :)

I would rather the players just let the board get on with it. Maybe privately let their thoughts be known to them with regards to Archie, but putting it out in the media continuously will do us no favours if Archie is overlooked.

Agree 100%. The Board could be tempted to bank the compensation from United and appoint Archie/Shaggy until the end of the season.

Class quote from Phil's commentary from the Cardiff v Macclesfield FA Cup match. If you closed your eyes you couldn't tell which side was from the Championship and which one was from the conference.

Phil Brown and Dean Windass would make an amazing double act.