Who Do We Want As Next Jags Manager?

yoda-jag

I would rather the players just let the board get on with it. Maybe privately let their thoughts be known to them with regards to Archie, but putting it out in the media continuously will do us no favours if Archie is overlooked.

Also would be difficult if an 'outsider' were to be appointed, knowing that the players in the dressing room did not want him - danger of disharmony from the start. I agree that it is the Board who see the whole picture, and given the success of their 'gamble' with McNamara they should not be swept along on an emotional tide this time.

Also would be difficult if an 'outsider' were to be appointed, knowing that the players in the dressing room did not want him - danger of disharmony from the start. I agree that it is the Board who see the whole picture, and given the success of their 'gamble' with McNamara they should not be swept along on an emotional tide this time.

The players are professionals and should give 100% to whoever is appointed. Anyone who creates or promotes disharmony in the dressing room should be dropped or sent packing.

Let's not forget that Derek & Gerry were "the players choice". And considering the easy ride they gave the players after all those gutless performances, it's easy to see why.

That whole episode is the only thing that worries me about Archie getting the job.

....I think there's a diff mentality with this shower!!!! :frantic:

Better I must say!!

:thumbsup2:

I agree Davie, it's unfair to compare the current squad to that "team".

However, I hope Archie keeps them disciplined the way Jackie did - with the fines for being late etc.

I agree that promoting a player can be a problem, but in the case of Britton and Whyte the players main motivation was trying not to lose as badly as the previous week. This time the players have the opportunity to win a league, which should help prevent a similar disaster.

Just sacked from A-league team in Oz. Central Coast Mariners?

Perth Glory, bottom of the league. Don't want that odious creep anywhere near Firhill. His coupon will scare all the kids away for a start.

Edited by jagfox

I usually try to be more articulate than this, but when it comes to even the idea of that scumbag Ferguson managing the Jags my gorge rises!

Only the reason of youth could excuse any Jags fan from reacting in a similar manner given what that odious creature used to get up to when playing for Sevco's predecessors.

As one of Ferguson's own ilk once said, "NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!"

:angry3: :angry3: :angry3:

I usually try to be more articulate than this, but when it comes to even the idea of that scumbag Ferguson managing the Jags my gorge rises!

Only the reason of youth could excuse any Jags fan from reacting in a similar manner given what that odious creature used to get up to when playing for Sevco's predecessors.

King Lear was a h^n?

Why should a dog, a horse, a rat have the job,

And Archie no chance at all? I'll argue it no more;

No scumbag Ferguson!!

Never, never, never, never, never.

If he brought the commitment he showed to the ex h*n mob to us..he would be a really good appointment..full of passion thats what we need

Gerry Collins brought commitment to the job...

Couldn't have said it better. Besides as others have said, showing passion doesn't really mean shouting and bawling and kicking. It means total commitment which can be quiet and steady (though shouting and bawling and kicking can go on behind the scenes when necessary). And just as important is knowing what you're about. If we're going for an inexperienced guy it's better to get in one who will have the backing of the players and the fans.

Edited by Mr Bunny