Who Do We Want As Next Jags Manager?

yoda-jag

I have made the two questions multiple choice, so you can have more than just the one pick for each question - be good if everyone could keep it to 3-5 choices per question, but its clear (especially on who don't we want) there may be more than 5 options you wouldn't want to see within a mile of the Jags dugout, so if you need more than 5 votes particularily on the No list, vote away.

The list is drawn from the current Top 14 listed by Macbookies, plus other names that have been mentioned in the various threads today as potential replacement in the Jags hotseat.

While not scientific due to its multiple choice options, some people casting more votes than others and wearethistle only being a section of the Jags support, thought it would be good to at least get an idea of the general concensus as to a group of candidates who would be acceptable to those who visit this forum.

For the record, the initial 20 i thought of a few hours ago were:

Calderwood ..... No No No NO ! (or anyone of his ilk or age)

Bollan ..... Looks too much like The Bunnet, so No.

Duffy ..... see Bollan. Plus he is Pish.

Hartley ..... ex-tim and looks like Pressley, so No.

Johnston ..... Maybe, is Queens current style of play and methods similar to ours?

Moore ..... definitely approach Morton to speak with him and unsettle their players, but ultimately, a No.

Archie ..... season too soon for him i fear.

Murray ..... (of The Rock version) ..... a long shot, sensational early start to managerial career, but could be a big risk.

Murray ..... (our version) ..... way too early for him.

Evans ..... Definite maybe.

McCall ..... No, No, No.

Maxi ..... Best left where he is (thats unless Turncoat McNamara wants to steal him away too).

Stark .... No, No, No, NO !!!

Spiers ..... Too big a step from 3rd to 1st?

Guardiola ..... now, if we had known this was going o happen a month ago, we could have been in with a shout...

Coyle ..... saw him on Maryhill Road this afternoon.

Reid ..... No thanks.

Lennon ..... (the St Mirren one) ..... whats the chances of him resigning or being sacked in next few days?

The Hoor ..... if Ayr were sitting 3rd top instead of 3rd bottom just now, i'd have said get him in. For now though, No.

Cameron ..... Maybe, but has been more used to having to set out teams to defend, than free-flowing attack to win.

So, Evans favourite, with likes of Johnston, Cameron, and possibly Murray (of The Rock) and Spiers as out-siders by looks of it for me.

Edited by yoda-jag

At this precise moment, our job must be quite attractive (apart from the fact we've perpetually skint).

Second top, five points off the lead with two games in hand. You could come in, push on and be managing an SPL team next season. Or, if it goes tits up, it's not your fault - someone else's team anyway.

A fair few of these names can surely see the potential here.

Voted for:

Craigan

Lennon

Paterson

Coyle

McInnes

Voted against:

Calderwood

McPherson

Pressley

Dodds

I know we have no chance of affording Coyle or McInnes, but they'd be ideal appointments. No chance of Lennon as he's tied up at a higher level. I think Craigan is intelligent enough and Paterson isn't one I had considered until I saw his name there but he's coached under Bollan and a few others since his retirement.

There are lot's that I wouldn't go for, but kept my selections to a minimum. Don't think these guys merit discussion.

I think it would be madness to appoint anyone without managerial experience. Could afford to take a chance when jackie came in as our season was over. At this stage we need someone who's proved they can do the job. not necessarily an older manager, I'd be in favour of the likes of hartley, johnston or colin cameron. ian murray as a punt maybe. Billy Dodds would be my ultimate "no".

see to be honest actually, i don't really give a ****, it'll be another lamb coming in to guide us to 5 seasons in a row of 6th and 7th placed finishes.

No need for this! We have the best squad in the division. With the right appointment we can still do it.

• Like 1

• Members

If we were to take another untried manager, I'd go for Craigen with the assistance of Archie in the hope that with him assisting, things would continue to move in the right direction.

However, as has been mentioned elsewhere, I suspect we may go for someone with a bit more experience owing to the position we find ourselves in.

Billy Dodds would be my ultimate "no".

Not disagreeing at all but it's fairly strange that guys like Dodds and Brown Shoes were evidently close to getting the Tannadice gig but would be unacceptable at Firhill.

Double checked the polling list and I don't see Jockey Scott's name . What a glaring omission!