Who Do We Want As Next Jags Manager?

yoda-jag

Only one man for me to carry on where jackie left off and most jags fans ive spoke too think the same and thats Paul Hartley.

Why does stephen craigen have so many votes what has he achieved in management. Another man who made his name at firhill then jumped ship.

I like to think Craigan gave his all when he was with us, helping to win back-back trophies and actually prove his ability instead of just the promise of it. He didn't piss off halfway through a season, but when his contract was completed he returned to his original club - the only two teams he played for.

He also sounds like he has twice as much sense as Paul Hartley seems to, anyway.

Edited by peagreenboy

I like to think Craigan gave his all when he was with us, helping to win back-back trophies and actually prove his ability instead of just the promise of it. He didn't piss off halfway through a season, but when his contract was completed he returned to his original club - the only two teams he played for.

He also sounds like he has twice as much sense as Paul Hartley seems to, anyway.

No to Craigan for me.

McNamara is being slated for having no loyalty but Craigan is a legend?

To me he is nothing more than scab that slapped every other player who had been shafted by Motherwell in the face to line his pocket.

He was also clearly nailed his The Rangers apologist flag to the mast in the summer.

Horrible.

• Like 1

Wow. Helped us win back to back championships and he is a scab?

I take it you hate Lambie too for the way he jumped ship twice when he was with us?

If we wait for someone with loyalty we'll be waiting a long long time. It's far easier to be loyal to a team like Rangers, with a million trophies in the cupboard.

Another man who made his name at firhill then jumped ship.

Sorry but that is utter rubbish. Craggs contract had finished. Motherwell offered him a far better contract. I assume you would knock back a 100% increase in your wages for doing the same job....thought not!! The sore thing about him leaving the club was that the fact that Motherwell had sacked around 18 players due to their cash problems but could still come in and nick two of our better players and offer substantially better wages than us. Nothing to do with Craggs, all to do with Boyle and Motherwell

Edited by Lindau

It will be interesting to see if Archie can get some results. To that end, it's worth having an interview process that involves Archie and runs for long enough for Archie to show whether he can hold the team together.

In the long run though I think Archie doesn't have the contacts, influence, and charisma that McNamara had. And I think those are important in sourcing players, enticing them to come, and keeping them here.

But I'd give him a go, continuity is key over the coming weeks.

Wow. Helped us win back to back championships and he is a scab? I take it you hate Lambie too for the way he jumped ship twice when he was with us? If we wait for someone with loyalty we'll be waiting a long long time. It's far easier to be loyal to a team like Rangers, with a million trophies in the cupboard.

I wouldn't have blamed him for wanting to go to a bigger club but Motherwell had just cleared out several players unscrupulously.

He was basically taking the money that Motherwell owed to other players.

Horrible.

I wouldn't welcome him at Firhill.

This one is a bit left field but what about Stevie Rankin at Ashfield Juniors a few months ago he turned down the Pollok job his record at Ashfield is amazing took Ashfield from the 2nd division (bottom of the of the west region) to the top League, League cup win too on the way, produces good young players and makes Jackies budget look like Man United's.

I hope the BOD take as much time as possible to the the right person to take the club forward. We should be in no hurry to appoint unless things take a nosedive big time. I cant see that happening with the decision to appoint a couple of legends in the saddle for now. We have 2 aways coming up, any more the 2 points from these 2 games is more than we would have expected from the old guard from current form..!

Paul Hartley would be an excellent appointment, IMHO, although compensation to Alloa would no doubt be required.

Hartley would be my choice. It's a pity that Beattie doesn't have say £100,000 just lying around somewhere for a new manager.

Seriously though I took in the QP game today with a mate and he was saying that Alloa are spending a fortune on players.

That doesn't always mean success, e.g. Dick Campbell but looking through their squad today apart from the ageing Darren Young and Stephen Simmons; and Martin Grehan they don't have any players I recognise.

Also anyone that can get more than 8 goals out of Grehan is a tactical genius IMO.

Gareth Evans for me(if for some reason it doesn't work out for Archie n shaggy) iv seen the last two games against livi and was very impressed with the way his team went about their business.i would be absolutely devastated if someone like McPherson got the job long term.in the meantime Archie n the team will get my full backing.

The very best candidate possible who is available. And who has the innate capacity to go on and become a Thistle legend. Especially one who goes onto win the league and Challenge Cup, thereby proving it was the Thistle factor wot won it, rather than the fanciful notion that some passing Tim with ideas above his station had a hand in matters.

Livingston play a very similar still of football to ourselves so Evans would be an excellent choice. He knows the division and opposition well so he would be my first pick.

We don't know what division we're going to be in next season and that could have a direct bearing on who we'd want as manager. Somehow we've got to get to the end of the season before making a decision about a permanent manager. I'd like to think Archie will have a non playing position within the Club next season regardless of what happens between now and May.

I hope the Archie/Shaggy management works out. Otherwise I can see the Board appointing a temp manager and that in turn would effectively mean one of the out of work brigade like Calderwood or McPherson.

Billy Dodds throws his hat in the ring via his Sunday Herald column. Last couple of paragraphs are relevant. In his Estonia recollections its interesting that he touches the kick off to Darren Jackson. I wonder who his agent was?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/opinion/my-one-act-bow-in-tallinn-show.20087626

We don't know what division we're going to be in next season and that could have a direct bearing on who we'd want as manager. Somehow we've got to get to the end of the season before making a decision about a permanent manager. I'd like to think Archie will have a non playing position within the Club next season regardless of what happens between now and May.

I hope the Archie/Shaggy management works out. Otherwise I can see the Board appointing a temp manager and that in turn would effectively mean one of the out of work brigade like Calderwood or McPherson.

I can see where you are coming from but waiting until the summer before making a decision leaves us vunerable in terms of players being tempted away if we are not in a position to offer contracts, etc. Part of our success this season has been, in my opinion, down to the fact that for the first time in ages we got our business done early in pre season and that allowed the manager the longest possible period to work with the players during pre season. The division we are playing in should not make a difference as we are looking for that person to get us in to the SPL anyway.