Who Do We Want As Next Jags Manager?

yoda-jag

Our best chance of winning the league this season has got to be McInnes. He's done it before and I think the players would respect him. Not sure about his style of play, but he could be our best hope to get us over the line, and they'd be no compensation due to any clubs.

All this talk of Hartley, do Alloa play good football?

McInnes is out our range unfortunately. Priced himself out of Dundee Utd job so can't see that coming off.

Also, I believe Hartley, as with Johnstone at qots, has been handed a lot of money for whatever reason. Graeme Holmes, Steven Simons, Derek Young etc are all on hefty wages down there. I think its very easy to manage a team to success with money in Div 2 and 3. Still got to give him credit though.

Gareth Evans for me please. Perhaps McCall on interim.

Hopefully whoever comes in place gets told about our fitness, diet, pyschology and formation etc so we can carry on with whats working, Dont want to be punted back to McCalls 5 3 2 or 4 4 2.

Also I have been listening to sportsound podcasts a lot recently and I have to say that Craigen really talks a lot of sense. Have never disagreed with something he has said. Very intelligent. Knows football in this country inside out. Played international. Just not quite hit the heights domestically.

I guess its the argument between a defense minded player and an attack minded player. Would prefer the latter.

McBookie have put their latest odds up.

Alan Archibald 5/2

Paul Hartley 10/3

Gus McPherson 6/1

Allan Johnston 7/1

Colin Cameron 7/1

Gardner Speirs 9/1

Gary Bollan 10/1

Ian Murray 12/1

John Henry 12/1

Paul Sheerin 12/1

Jimmy Calderwood 16/1

Ian Durrant 20/1

Ray McKinnon 20/1

Stephen Craigan 20/1

What's everyone's thoughts on Ian Durrant then?

As this strawpoll stands:

78 members voted so far.

Wanted:

1 Craigen 11.54% 27 votes

2 Hartley 9.83% 23 votes

3 Evans 8.12% 19 votes

4 Johnston & Coyle both 6.41% 15 votes

5 Archie & McInnes both 5.56% 13 votes

Not wanted:

1 Pressley 7.96% 36 votes

2 Calderwood 7.30% 33 votes

3 Durrant 6.86% 31 votes

4 McPherson 6.64% 30 votes

5 Duffy 5.75% 26 votes

No clear runaway leaders in either category.

Record have McPherson as favourite with Archie and Hinchie taking the job for Saturday!

http://www.dailyreco...-jackie-1563092

I would be stunned if it was McPherson!

The board will ask Archie who he wants as assistant – Thought he would go for Hugh Murray. Has Hinchie not got a good job? Unless he is going to take leave from his job don’t see how he could do it?

Personally if we go down the untried route I want Craigen as manager and Archie as assistant. If we go down the tried route Moore has done a great job at Morton and Evans and Johnston are doing good jobs as well. If we go down the very experienced route, I wouldnt mind McCall back (even just till the end of the season) or McPherson, who despite his football style, has a track record of getting teams out of our league. First choice in the experienced list would be Coyle and McInnes but little chance of any of them taking the job...then again if you dont ask.......

Personally if we go down the untried route I want Craigen as manager and Archie as assistant. If we go down the tried route Moore has done a great job at Morton and Evans and Johnston are doing good jobs as well. If we go down the very experienced route, I wouldnt mind McCall back (even just till the end of the season) or McPherson, who despite his football style, has a track record of getting teams out of our league. First choice in the experienced list would be Coyle and McInnes but little chance of any of them taking the job...then again if you dont ask.......

He did that just about a year ago with Queen of the South but not really sure that was a positive sign

Besides Billy Reid got Hamilton out the divison for a while if we are looking at experience and is far better at Managing youth set ups than McPherson would be

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 1

Graeme Holmes, Steven Simons, Derek Young etc are all on hefty wages down there. I think its very easy to manage a team to success with money in Div 2 and 3. Still got to give him credit though.

Johnston has Queens on course for 96 points this season, considerably more than Gretna the year they routinely stuffed us to win the league. High wages or not, he has done a phenomenal job thus far.

Only one man for me to carry on where jackie left off and most jags fans ive spoke too think the same and thats Paul Hartley.

Why does stephen craigen have so many votes what has he achieved in management. Another man who made his name at firhill then jumped ship.

I've not got a good gut feeling about Hartley although he's admittedly doing a fine job at Alloa.

I would be happy with Archie as manager. He had the reserve team playing some very good football and he knows how Jackie and Sid went about training, preparation, etc. The most important thing for us at the moment is continuity and nobody knows the club better than Archie. The players would be behind him from the off and there wouldn't be any familiarisation process which could be fatal to our promotion hopes.

If we were looking for an external candidate, we mustn't rush out and get whoever is game for taking the job. Guys like MacPherson, Duffy and the likes can away and take their face for a sh*te - Radio Clyde's touting of these clowns last night was both embarrassing and infuriating. We've seen the benefit of taking time to seek out the right manager from Dumbarton (and Dundee United?). Gareth Evans, Scott Severin, Stevie Craigan would all be interesting candidates.

Either way, Archie will be in charge for Saturday and he'll have my full backing.

• Like 1