Who Do We Want As Next Jags Manager?

yoda-jag

Don't know his personal circumstances since he left livi, but him and shaggy had them playing good football, which Evans has kept, and improved further.

It's hard to keep up with Livi managers, who come and go on a regular basis but I think Hughes was the manager between Bollan and Evans.

btw a friend of mine has a young relative that's just been released from Hearts and joined Livi youths. He says it's John Collins that has a lot to do with the youth set up there.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I wouldn't mind Jimmy Nicholl if he were prepared to shift from his berth at assistant at Killie.

Don't know if you're joking or not PT, but Grant Murray might not actually be a bad shout.

Double checked the polling list and I don't see Jockey Scott's name . What a glaring omission!

All added to options.

2 people have voted Coyle NOT to be picked. Thats two people who are completely off their nut. If its you then shame on you. Crazy thinking.

The real crazy people are those suggesting him/putting him on this poll at all. I mean seriously?!?! His last club was Bolton. He's apparently already turned down a couple of offers down south - which is where he says he wants to manage again next - and people genuinely think he'd fancy a crack at Partick Thistle? Are you (those who have suggested him) having a laugh?

I see Paton tweeted that he'd like Archie to get it...

Surprised Hartley is getting so much more attention than Johnston or McKinnon. Queens may have the best team in that division but they're coasting it by a remarkable margin and scoring plenty of goals in the process. Might also give us a shot of taking on some of their promising youngsters in the summer should we lose any of ours. McKinnon took over a Brechin team with 2 points from 5 games and has a record of W9 D3 L2 since then with the same group of players, and apparently interviewed for the United job and came across very well.

Surprised Hartley is getting so much more attention than Johnston or McKinnon. Queens may have the best team in that division but they're coasting it by a remarkable margin and scoring plenty of goals in the process. Might also give us a shot of taking on some of their promising youngsters in the summer should we lose any of ours. McKinnon took over a Brechin team with 2 points from 5 games and has a record of W9 D3 L2 since then with the same group of players, and apparently interviewed for the United job and came across very well.

McKinnon would be my choice, and I think he would be interested in speaking to us. Compensation may be an issue if he's on a long term deal.

However continuity could be the key, and someone like Archie taking over could help in minimising the disruption and allow us to continue the good work.

Above all the board must maintain a commitment to developing youth and playing in a good, entertaining football style. Regardless of whoever they bring in.

It's important not to revert to being solid but defensive just to maintain the current league position and hope to grind our way past Morton. It took us several years and two managers to develop and play our current style effectively. Keeping a good playing style and keeping interest by having good youngsters coming through regularly is essential for the club: we won't always be challenging but I'd hope we'd mostly always be worth watching.

Though to be fair at the moment the players we have would be difficult to fit into a boring style of play but I'm sure there are some managers who could manage it.

Our best chance of winning the league this season has got to be McInnes. He's done it before and I think the players would respect him. Not sure about his style of play, but he could be our best hope to get us over the line, and they'd be no compensation due to any clubs.

All this talk of Hartley, do Alloa play good football?

Stephen Craigan. Intrigues me.

Talks the talk. Let's see if he can walk the walk? Mibbeez. If he's interested.

Reckon he'd try to maintain the good intentions and current practices. Appears enthusiastic, energetic, confident, "switched on" and , dare I say it, ambitious.

However, despite a respectful playing career, he has not been at a club where success is expected and facilities are the best. Does he have the knowledge and experience of what is possible, recognise what is and is not achievable or necessary and then the ability to implement his ideas to our "wee" club. What is his stature in the game, who are his contacts? Who'd be his number 2? He's played under some decent managers - Lambie, Mcleish, Billy Davies, Butcher, Craig Brown. But, he won S.F.A. Has his footballing education provided him with the capabilities to succeed in modern management?

I'd certainly be interested in hearing his interview if he was to show an interest. If I were king, he'd also have to chuck his part-time Northern Ireland U19s(?) coaching and his no doubt lucrative and stimulating media contracts.

Right now, for me, the most inspiring proposition. .... probably. .....

:fan:

As much as i love the man, I cringe at the thought of Lambie taking over now, he's a dinosaur. Can you imagine how much he'd destroy Erskine's confidence after he tried something that didn't come. Screaming at Bannigan O'Donnell Sinclair etc "geeza shift" etc, no thanks. Need someone with patience who accepts mistakes are necessary to improve a player. Don't want players who are afraid of trying something incase they get a bollocking.