David Rowson

Woodstock Jag

From the official site he's been released from his contract by mutual consent and is now a free agent.

I remember watching him when he was a youth player up at Pittodrie. Always a hard-worker, incredibly fit for his age, and though not the most talented of players could entertain and get the backing of the crowd. Dragged us through some difficult games under McCall too.

All the best to the big man wherever he ends up. One of Firhill's grafters and a true gent as well. Will always remember that goal at Livi.

Edited by Woodstock Jag
  • Like 1

Gone too this evening, according to the official site. Free agent, so is he away to Dundee Utd too?

No, a gentleman and, despite the last few months, a great player and honoured to see him play. We all know what his greatest moment was, so it doesn't need me trying to describe it. I'd love I someone could post a link though.

Thanks for everything Rowser. Don't be a stranger and may all your financial advice be good!

Thank you Rowser for all the unheralded graft that you put in every time you pulled a Jags shirt onto your back.

And, of course, for that wonderful strike against Raith Rovers, which most likely meant much more to you and your family than it could to any other Jags fan.

Good luck in your future, both within and outwith football!!

Legend, and responsible for one of the most emotional moments I've ever known at Firhill.

Had a lump in my throat that day.

All you can ask of a player is that they give 100% when they play and Rowser did that probably as much as anyone I've seen in red and yellow.

Hope he gets a chance to say a proper goodbye to the fans and gets the reception he deserves.

Had a lump in my throat that day.

All you can ask of a player is that they give 100% when they play and Rowser did that probably as much as anyone I've seen in red and yellow.

Hope he gets a chance to say a proper goodbye to the fans and gets the reception he deserves.

Ditto

Cheers Rowser for all your efforts. Hope to see you at firhill sometime soon

Very sad to see him go, especially considering so much other news will mean people barely notice. He's been part time this season and the good form of others plus an injury he sustained pre-season has meant he hasn't had the opportunity to get into the squad. We had to release him now if he wanted any chance of a contract and a game elsewhere. I would have loved the opportunity to have him say goodbye to the fans, as he has been one of our most important players for the past few years. Good luck David, in your future careers within and outwith football.

Also, I hear the bar at Broadwood is still rattling from that shot he took when we beat them at New Year 4-2 a few years back. If I remember, Chaplain and Twaddle had great games that day.

I remember this game vividly...I'm sure i had a bet on either 4-1 on 3-1 at a big price anyway..also it was son's first away game and we left early as he was so cold