Todays Paper.......

TartanC4

I for one am not going to stick it to Jackie McNamarra. How long was he with us as player and manager - 3 years, which I think is about the same length of time as Jimmy Bone. It is Jackie and his philosophy that has got us where we are this season. Who can blame managers from grabbing their opportunity. One thing is certain for managers,they will get the sack one day.

We just need to move on and give Archie & SP and the team our support for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Personally I'm pleased about our board's decision with Archie and Shaggy, and I'm also pleased that the unnamed member of backroom staff to join them is Jackson. It means that Kenny (who is an experienced voice of guidance), Hinchy (again, experienced and with us for a good while), and Maxi (doing great things off the park) are all still with us.

Onwards and upwards, and all that!

I for one am not going to stick it to Jackie McNamarra. How long was he with us as player and manager - 3 years, which I think is about the same length of time as Jimmy Bone. It is Jackie and his philosophy that has got us where we are this season. Who can blame managers from grabbing their opportunity. One thing is certain for managers,they will get the sack one day.

We just need to move on and give Archie & SP and the team our support for the rest of the season.

Already moved on - He can F*** off to Dundee Utd and for the 1st time in my life I shall be hoping Rangers win on Saturday. I shall fit in well in Cowdenbeath at least...

I don't mind that he left but it's the way he has done it it and when. Hope it all goes t*ts up for him!!

Jackie who?

Personally I'm pleased about our board's decision with Archie and Shaggy, and I'm also pleased that the unnamed member of backroom staff to join them is Jackson. It means that Kenny (who is an experienced voice of guidance), Hinchy (again, experienced and with us for a good while), and Maxi (doing great things off the park) are all still with us.

Onwards and upwards, and all that!

Are you sure about Kenny, Hinchy and Maxi staying as someone had mentioned on tuesday that Kenny Was away. Great news if the 3 are staying

Management is such a fickle job,if he'd been on the end of 5 defeats in a row a lot of people would be glad to see the back of him. The nature of the job doesn't encourage loyalty from either manager or fans.

I agree with this. Much as it is painful the way McNamara left, and the timing especially is bad for us, plenty of fans were calling for him to be sacked last season. If we had done so, where would he be now? His future in management could have been over.

Already moved on - He can F*** off to Dundee Utd and for the 1st time in my life I shall be hoping Rangers win on Saturday. I shall fit in well in Cowdenbeath at least...

I don't mind that he left but it's the way he has done it it and when. Hope it all goes t*ts up for him!!

Jackie who?

I agree with everything apart from the Rangers bit.

I always support ANY team against either of the old firm.

Edited by H Wragg
  • Like 1

A case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted as far as Thistle are concerned :(

Anyway we move on. Jackie has left a good base and some good ideas for us to continue.

Agree. The important thing now is to look ahead and hopefully the board can ignore the advice of the papers and go for someone who can continue the good things JM established. If that turns out to be Archie I'd be very happy with that. He's got a chance to shows us now anyway.

I agree with everything apart from the Rangers bit.

I always support ANY team against either of the old firm.

Especially the half of the OF which dodged tax and cheated other clubs for years. (If they want to be the same club then they can take everything else that goes with it - they seem to be happy to keep the bigotry going).

• Like 1

it would be nice for us to land a new signing with the compensation gained from Jackie and Sid. Preferably a CB, so Archie can manage.

I'd prefer to see the south end of our beloved ground being taken off the market. "Outright sale and joint venture proposals are invited."

What a f***ing shame...

I wish him all the best in his first game. After that I don't give a shit about him.

McNamara jumped while his stock was as high as it was possibly ever going to be.

Thistle now have 5 away games out of the next 7. If Thistle's away form doesn't improve the season could be pretty much over in 6-7 weeks from now. Given Thistle's extremely poor away form under McNamara, it looks to me that he wasn't up for the fight.. and thought he'd get out while Thistle's challenge (and his reputation) were still in tact. I believe he didn't have the bottle for the title run in.

I believe he didn't have the bottle for the title run in.

So'd we would have sacked him at the end of the season anyway? Lol. I think if he didn't have the bottle for a Division 1 title chase he's got sod all chance of managing anywhere else! It's hardly El Clasico!

Sod 'im anyway. Let's win or lose this season being THISTLE.

Whiskey's great ain't it?