Ramsdens Cup Tickets

little_miss_jag

G SUS doesn't seem to be trolling at all. If anything he's talking a lot of sense.

Fair do's - your opinion I suppose.

'taking a day off work' to buy a ticket simply not an option for a teacher - anyway completely forgot about the sale and went home

'buy a 9 ticket package' - not an option as I play football on saturday afternoons and therefore would be an exceptional outlay for a minor cup final ticket guarantee

'befriend a ST holder' - I do know quite a few but asking for a favour that would probably never be returned is not an option for me either

He then goes on to mention gloryhunters (ffs) at the public sale before editing his post to add he was at the public sale.

Hypocrite / troll - delete as appropriate - but hey that's just my opinion.

Edited by gianlucatoni

'taking a day off work' to buy a ticket simply not an option for a teacher - anyway completely forgot about the sale and went home

'buy a 9 ticket package' - not an option as I play football on saturday afternoons and therefore would be an exceptional outlay for a minor cup final ticket guarantee

'befriend a ST holder' - I do know quite a few but asking for a favour that would probably never be returned is not an option for me either

He then goes on to mention gloryhunters (ffs) at the public sale before editing his post to add he was at the public sale.

Well said.

I got my ticket in the public sale so I'm sorted, and to be honest I'm not bothered if folk who haven't darkened the door of Firhill all season miss out.

What I am bothered about is regular/semi regular attenders missing out when a bigger stadium could be used.

As Charlie Endell has pointed out, quite a lot of people were concerned at the time that Livi might not be big enough and were shot down on here. Now, admittedly there's a wee while to go before everything settles, but if some folk who queued on Tuesday missed out, together with all those who couldn't make it/couldn't get through on the blower/forgot! then it does look as if quite a lot may be left disappointed, which is a pity. There will be some regulars included in this.

• Like 2

What is the logic on basing it on the average crowd. At the very least it should be based on the highest gate. I just don't see the point in restricting the numbers at a national final if it can be avoided. How many times the average turned out for the Scottish cup semi vs Rangers a number of years ago ?

• Like 2

Anyone else buy tickets over the phone and not yet had the money taken out of their account or received tickets. Just want to know if its that they are behind in processing or if my phone order has been lost in the chaos. Have emailed club but thought i'd see if anyone in same boat.

• Like 1

Anyone else buy tickets over the phone and not yet had the money taken out of their account or received tickets. Just want to know if its that they are behind in processing or if my phone order has been lost in the chaos. Have emailed club but thought i'd see if anyone in same boat.

Money has been taken out my account and I've received a royal mail slip through the door to say a letter needing signed for has arrived.

Having read your post I thought I'd check just to be sure - glad I did because the moneys not left my account either and no tickets so far. I phoned on Tuesday at 4pm on the dot, never got through at first but did get through as soon as I hit the re-dial button and details were taken for two tickets. Starting to get worried now, I'll be emailing tomorrow in the hope it gets picked up first thing Monday morning.

Having read your post I thought I'd check just to be sure - glad I did because the moneys not left my account either and no tickets so far. I phoned on Tuesday at 4pm on the dot, never got through at first but did get through as soon as I hit the re-dial button and details were taken for two tickets. Starting to get worried now, I'll be emailing tomorrow in the hope it gets picked up first thing Monday morning.

Money for tickets i purchased over the phone was taken out of my account on thursday. May depend on who you bank with when the transaction will appear?!

no worried about g sus charlie - he's only trolling but i'm no biting!

I knew the sale was on and had a note of it but totally forgot about it.

Trolling? Really?

When it was announced posters on here were saying it wouldn't come close to a sell-out - doesn't look that way now...

Yet again - Scottish football - organize - a piss-up - couldn't - brewery - in.

Actually the SFL have this one spot on. A sold out cup final over a half empty stadium. I know what'd I want if I was a sponsor.

1. Fair enough. Not everyone can take a day off, but you had a good bit of notice when the sale/criteria for priority.

2. So you don't go to games regularly then? What makes you more deserving then someone who does, but(as you point out) justify financial outlay.

3. So you didn't want to ask a friend for a favour. I assume you don't ask anyone for favours? Pretty restrictive.

4. I did say gloryhunters, because the public sale is when gloryhunters get their chance for tickets. I knew this risk, and gambled(very successfully) that I'd be able to get there early enough to secure my tickets.

I'm no more of a hypocrite than you. :thumbsup2:

What I am bothered about is regular/semi regular attenders missing out when a bigger stadium could be used.

How do you account for all these regular/semi regular attendees? Do you give them around 1.5x their average gate? Oh wait...

What is the logic on basing it on the average crowd. At the very least it should be based on the highest gate.

Thistle's highest gate - 5,000odd

QOTS's highest gate - 2'000odd

Taking those crowds into consideration then there would be around 2,500-3,000 extra seats in Livingston.

GSUS, nowhere in any of the posts I have made have I said that 10,000 might not be big enough. My point has always been that there was no need to take the risk that supporters who want to go would get a ticket. I have also made the point that we have played several games this season in less than 1/2 full stadia and the atmosphere has been excellent. If the sponsors wanted to make sure the game was played in a full stadium, they could have picked Dumbarton

Actually the SFL have this one spot on. A sold out cup final over a half empty stadium. I know what'd I want if I was a sponsor.

4. I did say gloryhunters, because the public sale is when gloryhunters get their chance for tickets. I knew this risk, and gambled(very successfully) that I'd be able to get there early enough to secure my tickets.

:lol:

Keep 'em coming.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Trolling? Really?

2. So you don't go to games regularly then? What makes you more deserving then someone who does, but(as you point out) justify financial outlay

3. So you didn't want to ask a friend for a favour. I assume you don't ask anyone for favours? Pretty restrictive

I'm no more of a hypocrite than you. :thumbsup2:

Lets deal with your points in sequential order.

Yes, really.

2. Define "regularly". If you go to Firhill more than me does that mark you out somehow as a better fan of the club? Never at any moment have I suggested I was "more deserving" than anyone else. I merely mentioned that I had missed the public sale and was hopeful of either a ticket in an extended batch or would be watching it on TV.

3. You have twice jumped to assumptions that the ST holders I know are both "friends" and that somehow - in that G-SUS world you inhabit - that I therefore don't ask anyone for favours. They are passing acquaintances and to ask them for a favour would not be appropriate.

4. Verbal diarrhea of the highest order. Any Thistle fan mentioning the word gloryhunter - and hoping to be taken seriously - is obviously a total tool.

You obviously are not au fait with the correct definition of hypocrite - perhaps you should look it up dear chap as your 4 option set of suggestions (and subsequent edit) have clearly marked your good self out as one.

• Like 1

bought one adult and one child ticket by phone, but they sent two adult tickets, that took a bit of sorting out, not yet had money taken out of account

Picked my tickets up from the sorting office this morning. Many thanks to the Royal Mail who guessed my house number correctly as the envelope only had my flat number and not the house number written on it.

Gutted that I'm in row A, but as said before, I'll be among the first on the pitch :evil:

Our 2 biggest games in years saw no more than 4,000 home fans come to Firhill, therefore 5,000 tickets is plenty.

People who aren't regular attendees have no right to expect a ticket, I know there are plenty of people with valid reasons and so on but there are ways round all of them.

I don't expect a ticket, I live near Oxford, work in Kenya and get to one game a season usually. But I've been going to Jags games since 1978 and have never seen us win anything (apart from the Glasgow Cup in 1989). So I really would like one. Or else it's taking a pot shot at which weekend might see the promotion decider.

I don't expect a ticket, I live near Oxford, work in Kenya and get to one game a season usually. But I've been going to Jags games since 1978 and have never seen us win anything (apart from the Glasgow Cup in 1989). So I really would like one. Or else it's taking a pot shot at which weekend might see the promotion decider.

And you might very well get one. I make one Cardiff City game per season at most yet I have managed to get my hands on tickets for their 4 trips to Wembley in the past few years despite their ratio of season tickets/attendance to Wembley tickets being much much much smaller than the situation with us in the cup final. They didn't have a public sale of any kind for any of them and the matches are of much more significane than the Challenge Cup (FA Cup semi/final, play off final, League Cup final).