How Big Is Tonight!

Lindau

I'm still stunned and angry in equal measure about how we lost the Boxing Day fixture against Morton. The weird thing is league tables don't lie and they must be doing something right to be top but there is no denying thistle are by far the better footballing team and its because of this I firmly believe that sooner rather than later we will be back where we belong. Mortons luck and p*ss poor brand of football has got to come a cropper soon. Iv got butterflies already about the game and can't wait to be part of the red n yellow army that tears crappielow a new one!!

We are by far the better footballing side however the one massive difference between the sides is the fact that they have developed a winning mentality away from home and we havent!!

No point in settling for a draw. (Well, one point, I suppose). Morton are deservedly top of the league because they can win away from home. We can't. Haven't done since last September! They also show no sign of a losing streak, unlike us over Christmas and New Year.

Simple: We need to win this one.

Simple : We will :thumbsup2:

Definately a six pointer next Saturday,a win for us and then again against them at home and I reckon we will win the league however lots of ups and downs for both teams I think.

Not so sure about that. I thought when they lost 3-0 at home against Dumbarton just after beating us that they would start their collapse there and then. Might be wrong but I think they have drawn 1 and won the rest since then. They are on an impressive run to say the least. We need to put a stop to it on Saturday

Like some others I wouldn't be too concerned if we draw on Saturday. That of course puts even more pressure on our games in hand. It could be that the biggest game of the season will be on April 10th only three days after the Cup game :o

If it's to be a draw, I hope it's one of those big comeback draws: a 'winning' draw if you know what I mean. Something that will kick the shite out of them psychologically. :fan:

Some good comments from Lawless on the official site about the weekend.

We certainly have been the better team, in long spells, in the last 2 Morton games.

Keep 11 men on the park and take our chances (S. Craig) and we will win.

Morton's Craig Reid might be out for this game. IMO he is their best defender so that could be a big bonus.

Mon the Jags!

Much to my disappointment, I shall not make this game because of work commitments.

On the upside, it's a big Thistle game against Morton at Cappielow. Had it been at Firhill, there'd be a screw-up.

Three away points and a bloody nose for the 'champions elect' will do just fine, thank you.