Dunfermline Players Wages Latest.

BILL.H

As far as I can make out the financial crisis in football is all about the inflated salaries of prima donnas and their lecherous agents which has brought British football to the brink of wholesale bankruptcy , if I'm not mistaken you can count on one hand how many clubs throughout the UK are actually in the black , thats where a clean up should be done , bring the players back down to earth , reduce the number of foreigners and get rid of the fatcat agents completely !!!

Things are looking bleak for the Pars....big Leishman on the telly tonight looked closed to tears and he mentioned the club might not survive the next 3/4 weeks!!

Not exactly sure what happens if they go bust but we have a magnificent league record against them this season so I hope these scores arent disregarded

I can't help feeling a lot of this is about getting the fans to stump up money. Surely Dundee went into administration earlier in the year and (in administration) carried on to the end of the season?

I don't for one moment doubt they have serious problems but surely the first move would be administration and the administrators would run the club through March/April and sell off the team whenever it's allowed players can be sold.

They may have to let a few players and other staff go in order to cut costs but I'd imagine they could stagger on to the end of the season.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Things are looking bleak for the Pars....big Leishman on the telly tonight looked closed to tears and he mentioned the club might not survive the next 3/4 weeks!!

Not exactly sure what happens if they go bust but we have a magnificent league record against them this season so I hope these scores arent disregarded

Could go two ways, i think.

Either they expunge their record and we lose the 9 points we got,(cant remember what Morton got), or they let the records stand and award every opponent due to play them a 3-0 victory.

i GENUINELY HOPE THEY SURVIVE. BUT IT LOOKS BLEAK.

Could go two ways, i think.

Either they expunge their record and we lose the 9 points we got,(cant remember what Morton got), or they let the records stand and award every opponent due to play them a 3-0 victory.

i GENUINELY HOPE THEY SURVIVE. BUT IT LOOKS BLEAK.

Morton have taken 7 points from their 3 league games. So we'd be worse off by 2 points if the Pars' record is expunged.

I can't help feeling a lot of this is about getting the fans to stump up money. Surely Dundee went into administration earlier in the year and (in administration) carried on to the end of the season?

I don't for one moment doubt they have serious problems but surely the first move would be administration and the administrators would run the club through March/April and sell off the team whenever it's allowed players can be sold.

They may have to let a few players and other staff go in order to cut costs but I'd imagine they could stagger on to the end of the season.

Rangers completed their fixtures whilst in administration and were liquidated after the season ended. If the Pars go into admin, the administrators, if appointed would cut the wage bill through redundancies and a wages deal with the first-team squad.

I take it everyone's aware that the SFA changed their rules regarding clubs going to the wall?

From now on, clubs won't die, the SFA now recognise football clubs as being run by companies. And as such determine that it is the company who will die.

Strangely they introduced/changed this rule a couple of weeks before the rangers closing down sale began.

• Like 1

Dunfermline are skint and are not paying wages, other clubs and most importantly HMRC, despite coming to an agreement with them. Think they go to the wall. No assests to administrate. Stadium owned by one of Mastertron's holding companies.

• Like 1

They'll see out season like Gretna did in SPL few years back.

However there's every chance they'll end up like Gretna.

Masterton owns the stadium & if, as papers suggest, he's owed £millions then I'm sure selling it for houses would square that debt up.

• Like 1

I take it everyone's aware that the SFA changed their rules regarding clubs going to the wall?

From now on, clubs won't die, the SFA now recognise football clubs as being run by companies. And as such determine that it is the company who will die.

Strangely they introduced/changed this rule a couple of weeks before the rangers closing down sale began.

Of course, it helps if you have a worldwide fanbase of 500 million people and a demographic that's big on marching and alcohol-fuelled violence.

This only applies to teams called Rangers. Of course that could lead to a confusing situation whereby lots of teams change their name to Rangers to take advantage of this - confusing to the referees as well.