Elvis Going To Coventry

kni

BBC story - "Coventry City are homing in on the appointment of Steven Pressley as their new manager after being given permission to talk to the Falkirk boss.

"The financially-challenged Midlands club are aware of the compensation that would be required to lure Pressley away from the Scottish First Division side.

Talks are set to continue over the next 24 hours between the two clubs."

Unfortunately, Morton are at home to Falkirk on Saturday.

Edited by kni

Ole Brown shoes is a a master of marketing, even though there really is really no substance to back it up. Watching the highlights of his team's game at Hamilton at the weekend, the hopelessly ignorant BBC commentator repeatedly praised his success and "the way he likes to play the game".

Falkirk have been shecht under him, and the defensive showing from his one-dimensional team at Grangemouth against us earlier this season made Hamlton look like Barcelona: dull and crap.

So how come he is always touted for the big moves?

Ole Brown shoes is a a master of marketing, even though there really is really no substance to back it up. Watching the highlights of his team's game at Hamilton at the weekend, the hopelessly ignorant BBC commentator repeatedly praised his success and "the way he likes to play the game".

Falkirk have been shecht under him, and the defensive showing from his one-dimensional team at Grangemouth against us earlier this season made Hamlton look like Barcelona: dull and crap.

The BBC story says that Pressley is discussing personal terms with Coventry. That would indicate that he is the first choice. It would appear that Elvis has a good agent who is promoting him when vacancies arise.

Ex-h^n player?

I notice he actually had 1 season at Coventry ... maybe that helps.

Ex-h^n player?

I notice he actually had 1 season at Coventry ... maybe that helps.

I don't think he is that bad a manager. Falkirk fans have hated every manager they've had including their most successful manager of all time, Hughes.

Last season he beat pre-admin Rangers, he won the challenge cup and was close to finishing 2nd.

He lost his top players in the summer and was never going to challenge for promotion. This season has got to the Scottish cup semi final with, excluding Taylor, a bunch of dross.

I can guarantee that whoever replaces Falkirk fans will think is rubbish.

Confirmed by BBC too.

Will Phil Brown claim that he can make the Bairns the 3rd force in Scottish football?

More importantly, there are a few SPL and SFL managerial vacancies. Archie's competition could be reduced significantly by the time our board makes its decision.

I suppose it's not that unlikely that Pressley could've gone to Tannadice and it would be us losing our manager today. I'm not that sure McNamara would be daft enough to go to Coventry, a club in financial meltdown, but in a way I'm kinda glad to have lost him in January.

Pressley's departure for a club with such (reported) troubles is puzzling. Falkirk fans must be asking themselves why he has taken such a risk.

I would have preferred Jackie and Sid to stay to provide stability and continuity - especially when we challenging for promotion and in the Challenge Cup final. Their departure was a huge disappointment and let-down. However, we must look to the future and hope that whoever is appointed can deliver and keep our best players.

For some reason I can see the Bairns appointing somebody like John Collins to replace Elvis. I wonder how much compensation they got from Coventry. With that and the Scottish Cup semi coming up (vs. Hibs), they've at least got some "extra" income coming in this year, though I very much doubt if they'll be in profit in any way.

It's a very sad day for Scottish football, to lose such a talented tactical genius whose teams were always sent out to play a silky passing game and not, repeat not, just pass it along the back four who then hoofed it up the park for a centre forward to chase.

Coventry's gain is Scotland's loss.............

For some reason I can see the Bairns appointing somebody like John Collins to replace Elvis. I wonder how much compensation they got from Coventry. With that and the Scottish Cup semi coming up (vs. Hibs), they've at least got some "extra" income coming in this year, though I very much doubt if they'll be in profit in any way.

Alex Smith apointed as interim manager, now at 73, the oldest manager in Scotland.

CC's bank accounts are frozen and club is under a transfer embargo, so whatever compo has been agreed, Falkirk will need to wait on it (similar timescale as with Mark Stewart maybe?), and hope CC don't go into admin first.

Is Falkirks running costs that high? Their team is made up of youngsters and who have been brought through from their youth academy, so a SF and if they get the compo (guess it will be over the £100k we got for our ex boss, as he was cheapere option than Pressley), attendances are similar to ours, so that would make me think they'd be ok financially this year? Plus, they recently got the 250k (i think thats the correct figure) for Stewart.

It's a very sad day for Scottish football, to lose such a talented tactical genius whose teams were always sent out to play a silky passing game and not, repeat not, just pass it along the back four who then hoofed it up the park for a centre forward to chase.

Coventry's gain is Scotland's loss.............

Curiously, CC may get off to a spectacular start under Matalan Man. They are 9th 7 points from the playoffs, and next 4 games are against teams currently in 20th (A) 19th (H), 22nd (H), 24th (A), so form book indicates its a potential 4 out of 4 winning start. Coincidentally, the team currently in 22nd is Hartlepool managed by Hughes who has now got his new team playing well going by reports from the Monkey Hanging town, even if they are resigned to it being too late to turn around the Pools season and escape another relegation.

After these 4 games, the final 6 of the season are mainly against teams around CC, and all still fighting to finish in the playoff spots - i think it is then CC fans (and those of other teams) will see how good or bad a manager Brown Shoes is. Remember, they are under a transfer embargo, so he can't even bring in loans or free agents, so will have to work with what he has for at least rest of season.