Dunfermline D-Day

It now looks as we'll know fate of the Pars tomorrow, There's talk of administration tho' liquidation is possibly more likely. Question. If it's the latter, tho' players could be a immediately released under the former, can the Pars players sign for another club and play out the season? I know there's a deadline for signing loan players but don't know if that deadline's been and gone or indeed whether signing out of contract players is treated the same.

Apart from the unfavourable points/goals swing losing the home game on the 27th would be devastating financially. Being our last scheduled home game we were always going to have an exceptional turnout.

Fingers crossed.

I've no idea how quirky the law / protocol is on this, but I'd imagine that if administration is an option of any sort then it should be the default position before closure; which is fairly final.

It would be bloody typical if they were shut down with immediate effect; every club that hits the rocks, no matter how much they seem to owe, goes into either voluntary or enforced admin as a first resort. Even then, as we know, some of those buggers get multiple goes at putting things right.

Ah well, we can only wait with baited breath as the judiciary wield their (hopefully not season-altering) powers.

£134,000 due to be paid to HMRC by 5pm today, Monday.

They have the money to pay this but are uncertain how the club can then survive on a very difficult income V bills and ongoing cost basis.

So it looks like a day of brinkmanship with the question pay HMRC or keep the money warm for Sevco Mk II?

£134,000 due to be paid to HMRC by 5pm today, Monday. They have the money to pay this but are uncertain how the club can then survive on a very difficult income V bills and ongoing cost basis. So it looks like a day of brinkmanship with the question pay HMRC or keep the money warm for Sevco Mk II?

Erm Bit worried by that last comment on Sevco mk2. Do you mean something like Sevco mk1 buying the name of the Pars such as Airdrie Utd taking the position of the Bankies so they can propel themselves into Div.1. I can,t remember fully what happened with Clydebank/Airdrie but was it something like this.

It now looks as we'll know fate of the Pars tomorrow, There's talk of administration tho' liquidation is possibly more likely. Question. If it's the latter, tho' players could be a immediately released under the former, can the Pars players sign for another club and play out the season? I know there's a deadline for signing loan players but don't know if that deadline's been and gone or indeed whether signing out of contract players is treated the same.

Apart from the unfavourable points/goals swing losing the home game on the 27th would be devastating financially. Being our last scheduled home game we were always going to have an exceptional turnout.

Fingers crossed.

I read somewhere that they can sign for another club up to March 31. After that they are f**ked until next transfer window. Can't remember where I saw it. Can't find my glasses either. Got my name and address written on a slip of paper in my wallet too, just in case this memory problem gets any worse.

If the story was in a newspaper it is almost certainly not true.

Anybody seen my wallet?

• Like 1

What happens to the Pars players if they enter admin and would we be able to take a couple if so just to help with the run in?

I was kinda viewing that with my glass half empty and imagining one or two ending up at Cappielow. If they were liquidated we'll be struggling to pay our own players never mind any extra. The loss of revenue from the void home game will be considerable.

If granted, what effect if any would it have on Partick Thistle?

An answer from a total layman but I believe it would be as we were for us and Morton. Both of us have a home game against them due so no advantage there. I believe tho' they'll have to have something worth saving and certainly enough funds to pay the administrator. You'd think with four home games due and drastic cuts they'd make it to the end of the season.

If they don't make it the adjustments will be the equivalent to the four goals we scored the other week all being chalked off and us walking a way with a goalless draw. :thumbdown:

Just need to hope HMRC approve it all. Points deduction imminent if it goes ahead, which is good news for us, and it's good news that they're not going bust of course. Everyone's a winner.

could be wrong but an sure that HMRC have stated that they never (in the case of football clubs anyway) accept a pence in the pound deals when they were dealing with deco

The HMRC debt of £135,000 would seem to be heavily outweighed by the soft loans from directors. Anywhere between £8-£26million :o

I fear a lot of behind the scenes staff will be made redundant. Bryan Jackson in charge so he will keep any players with a resale value and ditch the likes of Gallagher and Kirk(highest earners) and younger players not ready to play first team football.

Also small local creditors will get it tight. The wee man always loses in these situation, it seems.

From a football sense, I'm glad that Pars fans have a chance of having a club to support and we may not lose points in the title race. Also a chance we may benefit from picking up one or two players like we did with Scott Fox?

Ordinary folk, players and small businesses will lose out.

Masterton? Well from what I've read he will be the main creditor? The ball is in his court I reckon.

If liquidation means whatever cash can be collated is shared out across creditors and the Club ceases to exist with possible DAFC II seeking acceptance into Div 3

and administration means some cash raised by fans goes to an administrator, the club slashes its costs, it agrees with major creditors to part payments and a degree of ongoing support into the future

then DAFC continues to fight in Div 1 albeit with a points deduction.

Administration will appeal to future fan groups willing to put up cash to keep DAFC going. Right?

I'd presume the players immediately retained will include those whose contracts extend past this season, I don't know what points reduction they'll receive as the SFL/Longmuir as far as I'm aware are that incompetent they've not got anything statutory in place. Let's hope if and when they play us they've nothing to play for.

I'm wary of this administration as Leishman is still the spokesman and tho' it would be unfair to call him clueless he's not that far short of the sort of figurehead some scheming ex banker would want to see at the top table.

Dunfermline fans to pay the administrator's fees?? These guys charge about £250 an hour. They are scumbags leeching money from those who are desperate.

If HMRC accept DAFC going into administration, many players and backroom staff will be sacked the same day. Who will pay their wages then?

Will Thistle's 'gesture' include the players who will no longer be employees of Dunfermline?

Can their fans afford to come to Firhill if they are paying the fat administrator f**kers?