Raith Rovers V Partick Thistle Build Up And Match Thread.

jagfox

Massive game tonight and the Ravers are coming off a big win. Looking at the league table(pleasing) it would seem Raith are safe from relegation with 37 points. It will be another stern test but a test we can pass with flying colours if we continue to see our players give 100%.

Team wise I don't see many changes to the starting eleven. Upfront Doolan has returned to form and I wouldn't bet against him getting another goal or two this evening. So I would think it will be the same line-up as Saturday. We have the benefit of a strong bench and hopefully the subs get a chance at an early run-out.

Agree with OP.

Might just want to give McMillan a run out later if possible. Not so much to rest O'Donnell for Sunday but to keep Jordan match fit. With no knowledge when Paton will return we really need one extra defender on stand by. Best that if called on he's had a run out.

That sounds sound. Would like to see Christie get a bit more time than of late.

Heading off for the Kingdom right now.

The screaming skull says I'm impossible to live with. She's probably got a point, but she has no concept of just how difficult I will to live with between kick off and the final whistle tonight.

If all goes well tonight though, she might see me in a different light from around 21.35 hours. :happy2:

Edited by Blackpool Jags

Stick with the same team that did so well against Cowdenbeath:

Fox

O'Donnell - Muirhead - Balatoni - Sinclair

Bannigan - Welsh

Lawless - Erskine

Craigen

Doolan

I think the important thing tonight is to give some game time to Craig. Would be good if he could play 30 to 45 mins so he's match fit for the cup final. Don't think swapping him with Dools weakens the team, although Doolan has been on fire the last couple of games.

Would also be good for Elliott and McMillan to get some game time. Maybe take Bannigan or Welsh off and play McMillan as the sitting midfielder. Don't want to mess with the defence, so would rather not have him plat at right back.

This is the most important game of the season. A win tonight and we play Morton with them having to beat us, which will suit us perfectly. The guys seem to understand the gravity of these games and have consistently stepped up to the plate. Another victory for the mighty Thistle. Mon the Jags.

Edited by simoncordiner
  • Like 1

Massive game tonight and the Ravers are coming off a big win. Looking at the league table(pleasing) it would seem Raith are safe from relegation with 37 points. It will be another stern test but a test we can pass with flying colours if we continue to see our players give 100%.

Team wise I don't see many changes to the starting eleven. Upfront Doolan has returned to form and I wouldn't bet against him getting another goal or two this evening. So I would think it will be the same line-up as Saturday. We have the benefit of a strong bench and hopefully the subs get a chance at an early run-out.

You need to get a job in foot ball. You've got the patter down to a T :)

• Like 1